Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

nullscan posted:

As an AF dude I got 2 AAMs from a TDY missile defense unit to Osan. My unit was responsible for a weapon system that the Army cats would tie into during exercises.

The first medal came when they arrived, plugged their laptops into the ports and weren't getting any data. They were set up in a small office in the hallway next to my office, so in passing I heard them mention the system name and a bunch of swears so I stuck my head in as I had experience with it in Hawaii.

A bunch of wire tracing later I found out that during the server room renovation someone had disconnected the server and the contractor responsible had been fired and never passed on continuity so there it sat. I hauled the drat thing to my office (another comm room) and got it all set up and working and basically saved the US-RoK alliance from hellfire or some poo poo.

Best part is during the post-exercise 'Coin ceremony', the Army Major running the show asked to present my medal to me before the coin stuff started, so I got to stand in front of a full base theatre to get a frikkin AAM. Also pissed off the 7AF CC as he didn't know wtf since I didn't let anyone on the AF side know what I did so he had to make a special vist to our shop the next day to give me an extra coin to save face.

Second one was the same dudes, same exercise a year later. They showed up with fresh laptops and no software so I installed everything and taught their dumb as rocks troops how to use the software to generate reports.

What did I get from the AF for my three years of babysitting a PTF? Zip, because I failed a PT test my first year there. :jerkbag:

6-52? 6-52.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread