Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Thank god the brave insurance companies are here to protect us from those dastardly NRL teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
What happened at the end of the Cowboys v Raiders game? I was watching golden point up until Morgan botched his field goal and the Raiders went back up the field to score a try? Figured that was game and turned it off. How come the try was disallowed?

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Thanks guys. Bugger it all, I missed a cracking finish.

Wouldn't be surprised to see those two sides in the grand final this year.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Sea Eagles were committed in defense, I'll give them that. If they sort their handling errors out and get some fluency in attack they'll be a force this season.

Eels looked good... rusty, but not too bad for the first hitout of the season.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Dirty Frank posted:

I can't figure out the reason for this time slot, it seems bad in literally every way.

So there can be two live games broadcast on Friday nights.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

iajanus posted:

I for one would tell him he's loving playing for us until we get a replacement.

We'll trade you Jeff Robson?

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jono C posted:

Yep. Unless the Eels offer cash to the Tigers for an early release, they can wait.

Hopefully he's got some kind of get-out clause following Taylor's dismissal.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Your team is 20 points down with 5 minutes on the clock. Why would anyone, especially someone on the verge of Origin selection, throw themselves in the air like a maniac to pull off a low percentage play? I like Gavin Cooper but man that was dumb.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

cpaf posted:

Looks like the Storm are getting cleaned out next year with Chambers signing with the Roosters

Where are you getting your transfer rumours from? I used to rely on zerotackle but it's gone to poo poo this year.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jono C posted:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/state-of-origin-2017-latrell-mitchell-in-frame-for-nsw-blues-wing-spot-20170515-gw550d.html

So somehow Latrell Mitchell has gone form NSW Cup to Origin contender. This makes no sense to me. The right edge should be Dugan/Fergusson, and the left edge should be any two of Hayne/Morris/Morris. I guess all of this is moot when Mitchell Pearce is named captain for life.

Laurie Daley's dream team probably still has Kurt Gidley captaining it somehow, every player out of position, and all the blame for their eventual thrashing laid at the feet of a player or two who probably should have only been eligible to play for them but for some unknowable reason opted to use a loophole to escape to Queensland.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Can't tackle in mid-air, can rip someone's head off in a tackle.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Origin is refereed differently than club games. They're much more lenient with "aggressive physicality".

Even now the commentators get upset when a penalty is given for anything less than literal murder in an Origin game.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Every club is gaming the system in some shape or form, because the system doesn't work, and if the team next to you is getting an unfair advantage you'd best be getting one of your own in case you end up like Newcastle.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Budzilla posted:

The NSW players around Valentine only seemed to half-heartedly go after the ball.

Sums up the night for them - like their much-vaunted forward pack just standing around like a bunch of slack-jawed idiots while Munster offloads for Wallace to score under the posts, completely unimpeded.

I was curious to see how many Queensland players from Game 3 last year made it to Game 3 this year: Gagai, Cronk, Smith, Gillett, Cooper and McGuire. The players missing included Boyd, Inglis, Thurston, Parker, Thaiday, Myles, Scott and Oates. They used more players than any other series in history, had a different 5/8th in each game (including a debutante in the decider), and were rank underdogs for the series despite having two home games. And they still wrecked the Blues hard.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
They need to just get rid of the cap, but make all player payments transparent and rank the teams at the start of the season from 1-16, lowest total paid to highest paid, and that's how many points in arrears the team is at Round 1. Done.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
The Sharks and the Sea Eagles knocked out in the same weekend? Awesome.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
All said and done, finishing fourth and getting bundled out in straight sets is a pretty good indicator of our season. Not bad given the injuries we've had, but need a bit more from the forwards next year I think. Hopefully this Kane Evans guy is the ticket...

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jono C posted:

The NSW job looks like an obvious landing spot for him.

For sure, any Queenslander would agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Crazy to think that if the Dragons had just beaten the Bulldogs in Round 26 none of this would have happened, it probably would have been a Storm - Sharks repeat.

• Locked thread