Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Just wanna give a quick shoutout to Manly for giving us Parcell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

Dirty Frank posted:

12 - 0 now, hope I'm not the only one watching, Brisbane look well off the pace atm

I'm watching, wire completely deserve this so far. Dominated the opening 15

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Watching that game kills me that we (Leeds) didn't get Kevin Brown from widnes.He's exactly what we need attacking wise and our defence is that good that we can cover for him being a bit of a liability.

It was nice seeing us minnows in super league actually win one of these games against the NRL though in the first time since forever, deserved it too :unsmith:

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

cpaf posted:

I don't give a poo poo about the Sharks or Wigan and I'm probably happier to see the Sharks lose, but those first two disallowed tries against the Sharks were both loving awful decisions

iajanus posted:

Yeah, watching the game either there's some very different interpretations of the rules (or rules) atm in Superleague or they just dun hosed up

Refereeing quality in our league is declining rapidly and it doesn't look like we're getting any new blood coming through the lower leagues, considering our super league refs often officiate more than one fixture a weekend. I think Robert Hicks had a shocking game though, our crew is bad but not usually that bad.

Puckish Rogue posted:

If only they both lost, because gently caress Wigan.

Also agree with this. gently caress Wigan.

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

Dirty Frank posted:

Cas are good, but Leeds are terrible. I can't believe they haven't brought in some players this year, it seems like terrible mismanagement. Anyone know better?

Leeds should be shot en masse.

Mismanagement would be accurate here. Our coach Brian McDermott seems inept and it's painfully obvious that all the reports and talk of Peacock and Sinfield doing the actual coaching in the middle of games are true. Soon as both of those retire we look flat in attack, lost of any ideas and our last tackle play is atrocious. We only just held on against Leigh (one of, if not the weakest team in the league) two weeks ago and we were lucky to score a try with 20 seconds left on the clock to beat a weak Salford side at home last week. So the Castleford result has been coming.

Fans have been calling for McDermott's head since last season and his lack of major signings over the preseason has reinforced those calls. Fans know the owners have cash to throw because we're the best supported team in the country, and we were ready to pay for sam burgess for a year if the rabbitohs couldn't afford him after he split from union. Parcell has been good for us but he was only signed because Segeyaro decided he didn't want to play for us a few weeks after signing a new contract. It's almost as if McDermott knows that the only reason we won so much previously was because of Sinfield/Peacock/Leuluai rather than anything he did and he wants to prove people wrong. He's failing miserably at it. gently caress. :negative:

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Lose 66-10 vs Castleford, 8 days later smash an unbeaten Catalans team 46-10. The Leeds Rhinos Way™

McDermott still isn't the answer but this will no doubt keep him in the job for the season :sigh:

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Matt Parcell getting better every game he plays for us since signing (thanks again Manly), Wakefield were absolute garbage though. I'm still not at all convinced Leeds are the finished product but two wins on the bounce now after getting battered by Castleford maybe they'll prove me wrong. Next week against a very shaky Huddersfield also so hopefully another good performance in that and we're laughing.

Kaglicious fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 17, 2017

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Looked a try to me, that.

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Lmao

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Holy poo poo that's a great fend

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
That was a drat entertaining watch.

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

Dirty Frank posted:

Castleford apparently dropped Hardaker (context for the Aussies: he's been having a great season) from the Grand Final for a 'breach of club rules', which is pretty ballsy. Anyone know what he did?

Rumours seem to be saying it's drugs related. He does have a history in it to be fair. Superb player but his head is all over the place, there's a reason we (Leeds) let him go to Castleford the season after he won the man of steel.

If it's bad enough for him to not play the biggest game in Castleford's history, there's a pretty good chance he misses the world cup, which we need him in because he's our only quality full back...

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
LEEDS RHINOS BITCHES

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Nice to see England turn it on against a group of amateur players. Can't wait for us to get slaughtered when facing a remotely competent team :yayclod:

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

ili posted:

I hope they do.

:same:

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Shout out to Phil Bentham for giving Ryan Hall that try that he clearly dropped. We look so bang average :yayclod:

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

iajanus posted:

Hahaha this video ref is priceless

No part of the ball anywhere near touching the ground "and the ball has been grounded in the line so try "

This is the wonderful quality of video refereeing we experience every week in Super League. Feel our pain :negative:

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
I'm happy we didn't get battered like I expected we would :unsmith:

I guess the world wasn't ready for (garbage man) Kevin Brown - World Champion.

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

Smorgasbord posted:

Surprisingly close, but at no stage did it appear England were any chance to score a try.

If Widdop wasn't creating anything we were done for, our last tackle plays often boil down to 'kick and hope the defence makes a gently caress up' and it's a problem pretty much every super league team has.

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

Byolante posted:

we all hate leeds scum

What is this nonsense?

Puckish Rogue posted:

Wigan. gently caress Wigan.

This is the correct answer.

e: Good to see Castleford getting mauled by St Helens 22-0 only 30 minutes in :allears:

Kaglicious fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 2, 2018

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
I'm a rhinos season ticket holder and the general feeling I've gathered is we're all suspecting to get slaughtered tomorrow morning.

I'll just take us not getting humiliated to be honest.

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
10 handling errors in the opening 20 minutes of this Hull KR vs Catalans game.

Super League :yayclod:

e: 11 in 21

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

Rastor posted:

I guess there's some griping about the Rhino sponsorship of the balls this year

https://twitter.com/RLPA13/status/961704066840715266

There was talk about the ball being rubbish at times last season on the BBC but i'm guessing the players have decided to really kick up a stink about it early this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Well that went as expected, good to see my fears of having no kicking game is true with mcguire and burrow gone. :negative:

Honestly we haven't played at all well yet this season despite winning twice so hopefully it gives us a much needed kick up the arse, we'd have lost against any other team other than Hull KR for instance.

• Locked thread