Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Thanks for the new thread iajanus, great OP. I struggle to keep up with the off season trades having them all in the one place is real nice.

I normally lurk, will try to post something more substantial than "gently caress x team" and "how good it feels to be back at Belmore" even though I had never been until 2012 when the Bulldogs decided to do the Back in Belmore pre-season matches.

Are there any reserved spots in the Fantasy comp/is it cool if I join?

woofbro fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

iajanus posted:

Cheers woof, want to be added to the OP under the Dogs?

Yeah go ahead, I'll make a ladder list in the next few days.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

The world side is not even worthwhile, I casually strolled into a pub and noticed the Indigenous side was pumping World. Looked at the team, apart from Cartwright and maybe Friend or Mbye it's fairly slim pickings.

Did every player just shrug off a selection to focus on their season prep?

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

I wonder if that means Foran is coming to the Bulldogs?

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

iajanus posted:

the big question is what gus' speech will be like, it's like totally the highlight every year

Yadda yadda yadda Modern Day Gladiators yadda yadda yadda mate against mate, state against state

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

That was a very hard 50 to watch, I'd mentally prepared myself for the end result this week but was pleasantly surprised with an early 6 and good from in the first 20.

I'm left wondering what it'll take for Dunn to step up against Dibb in the board if that ever occurs.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

I honestly expected "The Voice of NRL" - Delta Goodrem to be chosen under contractual obligation from Nine.

Macklemore is better and only slightly dated.

I hold my breath every year for a modern Australian group like Cloud Control or even Violent Soho to play but it'll never happen.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

I'm on phone and a few drinks in, I hope this tweet shows.

https://twitter.com/realmarklatham/status/906433712379666432

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Bulldogs fans are crazy, if we keep Des through 2018 the attendee numbers will continue to drop. His plays recently are by the numbers and uninventive. We needed to clear out the board and sign a decent coach, Dean Pay already knows the clubs culture and is interested, sign him up.

Des might do NSW (believe it or not he's better than Freddy) or a stint in the U.K.

It's a pity we'll lose some guns thanks to the cap. I'd rather keep Brett Morris and rumour is that Josh Morris may be on his way as well. It's what you get for poor management; players like Lichaa can't sign elsewhere because they've played like garbage but can do better on the field when not restricted to possessions and sterile play. He's played better during the tail end of the year with less rigid game plans, hopefully players like him will fire up next season.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

MiniSune posted:

Dean Pay to coach the Dogs.

Really liked him as a player. Is apparently well liked by players at the club.

bowmore posted:

that does not always a good coach make

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/09/28/bulldogs_appoint_dea.html

Full statement here, more than just an ex-Bulldogs that is well liked by players. Coached under Bellamy (Storm U20s) and Sticky Ricky (Eels/Raiders Assistant Coach). Also did great stuff with the NSW U20's side.

Looking forward to 2018!

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

False hope is all I've got after losing out on some players and making KILLER signings like Foran and Woods haha

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

A year or two ago Ipswitch beat Newcastle and it was a real good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Titans should just get rid of Hayne, sign up 4 young players. The NRL will sell the Titans shortly anyways.

• Locked thread