Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ili
Jul 26, 2003

Drunk Canuck posted:

Hello I will probably be joining this thread for some discussion now that Toronto has a league team.

Welcome! Just like your first taste of heroin, you'll always remember this moment as your life descends into a maelstrom of drug-fuelled bestiality, steroid abuse and (allegedly) hair-pulling.

If you decide to follow the NRL pick the Broncos as your team because we control the media and can keep more of our players' indiscretions out of sight, plus we have a good line on a Thai rehab clinic. Also get behind the mighty Queensland Maroons in State of Origin because we're the best and only the losingest losers to ever love losing would want to support the pissweak NSW Bluesers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Alain Post posted:

I followed the league last year and have arbitrarily decided to follow the Panthers

No no no no no.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Titans won't win the premiership this year. Two young halves who've never played together, half a game Hayne lazing out the back and Peats getting injured all the time will see to that. Broncos premiers 2017, they'll pull out all the stops to send Benji out a winner. Either that or the Raiders, I hear Dave Taylor's been training thd house down and has never looked fitter.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Dirty Frank posted:

Which of the 9 million midweek NRL shows should I watch if I want as much analysis and match highlights as possible and as little of everything else?

I don't have foxtel any more but going by last year Sterlo is the one you want.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Is it just me or are Melbourne being even grubbier than usual?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

the refs are weak as piss

I'm shocked and appalled.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I'd leave Melbourne for any reason I could find.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

Clearly the Tigers are geniuses

Well they swapped out Taylor for Cleary, re-signed one half for a smallish amount and gave the other his walking papers, then signed Chris "Steve" McQueen at a reported 400k instantly and massively embiggening their poo poo tats to dollars ratio. Seems like things are turning around down there.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jesus. You poor bastards.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Fifita wasnt picked for australia on character grounds but was allowed to play for cronulla.

Papalii will probably get a club ban on monday for the knights game and that will be that. Its in line with tamous punishment a couple of years ago

That's bullshit. Why should he be allowed to serve his ban during a bye?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Cronk took so long to go after he was given 10, should have been sent off for it.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

cpaf posted:

Counterpoint: James Maloney has never been sin binned

Really? The cheeky/grubby little oval office should have earned a few by now.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Every time I see Rapana I hope someone punches him. He just strikes me as being a massive oval office.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Puckish Rogue posted:

As they're both Melbourne Storm nurtured and raised I think we should all give them the benefit of the doubt.

As they're both Melbourne Storm nurtured and raised I think we should search for the second, hidden, bag of drugs containing the real amounts they bought.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I think they left Billy out because he's one NSW dog shot away from a medical retirement. Absolutely guaranteed that if he plays he'll get blindsided off the ball.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

Wait, they'll medically retire him the next time he puts a dog shot on someone? But he does them so often, why would this be any different?

I don't think I'm parsing your post correctly...?

Since when does St Slater dog shot anyone? There's no way anyone from a Craig Bellamy coached team would do anything contrary to the spirit of the game.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Thurston dropped out of origin. Milford better have a loving blinder.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

This origin build up is a bit boring. No sledging or any of the usual bullshit. I'd blame Mal but we all know he's a Qld legend, so I reckon it's all the fault of confessed drug cheat Paul Gallen and by extension the entire state of NSW.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

Mal doesn't even coach Queensland anymore

Yeah I know. A few articles had mentioned Mal has really brought the two sides together in the Kangaroos camps. The players get along instead of being split along state lines.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Billy the kid wouldn't have saved us the other night. We got hosed up the middle.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Ahahaha thank you Jarryd loving Hayne you beautiful stupid oval office.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jesus the Ti***s are loving awful.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Tedesco ruled out of tomorrow's game. Knights may end up legitimately out of last place.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

Newcastle have offered him a million a season with the option of only training half the week

That's where they hosed up. Cronk would probably have taken their offer if it involved training 9 days a week.

Dirty Frank posted:

Maloney's so upset in this interview I feel bad for him, someone give him a puppy to cuddle, quick!

gently caress him. Grubby little oval office. Maybe if he hadn't been such a cheap little prick NSW would have won game 2.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

cpaf posted:

Brandy Alexander had a good whinge about the refs here: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...22f99e3a554afab

It's a reasonable complaint and absolutely accurate that Queensland slowed down the ruck speed with very deliberate tactics and wrestle, but they're the exact same tactics the Storm have been using all year and not getting penalised for it, like how the players carefully peel off tackles one-by-one to give the illusion they aren't slowing down the play the ball when they actually are. Either other teams are going to start doing the same thing to bring it back to status quo or it's going to be cracked down on at some point in the next year.

It was "cracked down" on last year. And by cracked down on I mean the refs blew a few token penalties early on in the year then forgot about it completely by Origin.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

That's gotta be worth a :horse:.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I think the core problem is that Ricky is a loving oval office.

ili fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 23, 2017

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Yeah I noticed that. The kiwi comentators picked it up too.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

gently caress me, nu brown is messed up. Poor oval office's noggin got an absolute floggin.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Boyd must've put a gorilla on Gillett first try scorer.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Titans doing a fair impression of Mr Hands.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

:horse::horse:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

It doesn't matter either way, whoever gets it will just be keeping it warm for Manly*.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Go Knights!

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Parra taking a leaf out of Manly's book and paying off the refs.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

This is amazing. How long since the Knights won 3 in a row?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Game wasn't in the balance so they didn't need any ticker to put Kahu in the bin. Plus if they start a precedent of binning Maloney for deliberate penalties he's going to get sent every game and we can't have that.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Bulldogs absolutely deserve the spoon. There are no excuses for how badly they're going.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Graham's neck is hosed though isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Titans vs dogs in a fortnight might end up being spoonbowl.

• Locked thread