Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Boland more like Loland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Drint Blasters posted:

Pretty sure i read earlier that police in the states investigated the allegations and charges were dropped.
I think the current thing is the lady sueing Hayne for mental distress or something

There's a lower standard of proof required in civil trials, not unusual at all for it to go down like this in the American system. the OJ Simpson/Nicole Brown murder trial (not guilty) followed by civil trial (liable) is a famous example.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

Because the standard is 50.01% certain as against 100% certain.

The state has to prove 'beyond reasonable doubt', because the state is very powerful and we decide on innocent until proven guilty etc

In a civil case, the state isn't the party prosecuting, it is one private party v another saying "you caused me damages and should be held financially responsible". To be sucessful in a civil case the plaintiff needs to prove 'on a preponderance of evidence' (the exact requirement varies between countries/juridictions) that the defendant caused the damage.

Basically because the state is very powerful they have a higher burden to reach than a civil case.

Take this with a grain of a salt, while I did pass Law101 at uni it was 10+ years ago and was I think a C+ grade.....

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

He may only be an (alleged) rapist at this point but he's definitely a (confirmed) dickhead.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

Look if you want to suggest thread titles for the next OP just pm me like normal. And I’ll judge it on the normal criteria. Basically how much it sounds to the rest of the sub forum that we’re sexual deviants.

Rugby League 2018: XXX days since our last dog molesting scandal

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Rastor posted:

Hello, I am a Yank who just learned of this sport and think I may be already hooked. As we have only one professional team in all of the Americas it makes it very easy to pick one to root for.

Sunday February 4 is the first match of the season for the Toronto Wolfpack. How's the OP coming? Would it be helpful if I contributed a little blurb about the Wolfpack and the rest of the Championship rugby league?

Welcome. The Toronto Wolfpack will be very interesting to watch the next few years as they move up the divisions and get more regular games v professional sides - they had a good Challenge Cup run last season from memory. Any word on why FuiFui MoiMoi and Dave Taylor's contracts were torn up just before the season? Details have been scant down here.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Abalone Malone posted:

and eating up 400k

arn't bulldogs already in salary cap problems?

They have that same exemption the Roosters have

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Fanatic posted:

I look forward to an OP that also puts the loveable Manly Sea Eagles in a more positive light. :angel:

They have the sexiest coach

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Puckish Rogue posted:

what the gently caress did they do to the nrl website

Takes a very expensive consultancy firm to gently caress up a site that badly.

Speaking of fuckups, decently strong looking Warriors trial team trailing early v what is an entirely reserve grade or less Storm team in the trial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

MiniSune posted:

My god a crackdown on poo poo play the balls. Will last until round 6

Round 6? You must be new, round 2 at most.

• Locked thread