Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

MiniSune posted:

From the prior thread of shame:

I think this is pretty awesome and wish them nothing but the greatest success.

loving Canada man! Every time I try to understand this I get confused, then excited, then confused, its like being 15 again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

cpaf posted:

Toronto Wolfpack feat. Fuifui Moimoi, who is still apparently alive

:) He'll be playing against part timers this season, he'll be fine even at 370.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

BobTheDestroyer posted:

https://livestream.com/nrl is the best resource. 720P, no ads, OK commentators available to anyone outside of Aus/NZ. If you have a browser that supports VPNs like Opera, you can use it in Australia as well

I'm in France and not all the games are available there, so its somewhat region dependent. VPN will still get you around that.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Warrington 4 - 0 Brisbane after 2mins, cool!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

12 - 0 now, hope I'm not the only one watching, Brisbane look well off the pace atm

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Kaglicious posted:

I'm watching, wire completely deserve this so far. Dominated the opening 15

18 - 0, scores keeping pace with the clock, this is kind of mental

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

cpaf posted:

I don't give a poo poo about the Sharks or Wigan and I'm probably happier to see the Sharks lose, but those first two disallowed tries against the Sharks were both loving awful decisions

Just watching the game now, just seen the first try. It was offside by the rules of the game, he's in front of the kicker and then within 10m of the catch and try.

I'd prefer this was more "encroaches on the play" or similar rather than exactly within 10m. But the decision was correct given the rules.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

iajanus posted:

Not sure if it's subtlely different in the NRL but our version of the rule is:

Section 14 (2) states: An active offside player shall not encroach within 10 metres of the ball. An active player is defined as someone “who takes part in and/or influences the game”.

Eg. If the player is completely out of play (and in this case he arguably was) then he doesn't count. It's the same rule that was applied to Jennings in origin 3 last year to give Fifita a controversial try.
Actually I'm not sure, so I looked it up. Here are the official rules for English RL (although maybe this match was international rules which are different again) http://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/rules/laws_of_the_game/offside

Some Rules and poo poo posted:

Interfering with Catcher 2. Any off side player who remains within ten metres of an opponent who is set to catch a kick up field by an opposing player shall be deemed to be interfering with or attempting to interfere with the catcher and shall be penalised unless the non-offending team gains an immediate advantage.

I prefer the NRL rules, I can't be arsed to look for the international ones.

Edit: the ref in commentary just said this is under international rules, so we should really look at them.

I watched the second try finally now, it possibly/maybe hits his left elbow on the way through, and the ref sent it up as no try, knock on, so its correctly no try, you need proof against the refs opinion to overrule. If the ref had ruled try it should have been given. I don't think he's been bad so far and Cronulla are niggly as gently caress.

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 20, 2017

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

iajanus posted:

I like the NRL version as it was designed for situations like when the dummy half or first receiver puts a little grubber through the line and someone dives on it which would 99% of the time be a No Try as the player playing the ball would be within the 10, although completely irrelevant to play.

That's interesting, I don't see mention of the ball player in the RFL rules but they'd give that as a try anyway.
Not so many grubbers in the English game as you can imagine with the size of the in goals. On that note, we adopted the 7 tackles on dead ball rule from the NRL this season and I'm not sure its a good idea here.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Im gonna shock you all, Greg Bird is in the sin bin. Hull 2 - 4 Catalans after 24m, no trys.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

He just made a try out of nothing now, he's warming on me. Will I grow to love Greg Bird? :O

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Eh, we're a way off yet, but he's already at the stage where I would piss on him if he were on fire.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Toronto being held at bay by Siddal in a mud bath. Summer rugby!
Siddal's défense is amazing
2-4 @half time

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Feb 25, 2017

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

[timg ]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/everynewcastlegameof2016.gif[/timg]

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

iajanus posted:

The more I learn about NRL contract negotiations the more amazed I am that we have as few scandals or corruptions as we do.

Then I do any legal work in the real world and realise the whole loving show is a nightmare of incompetence held together by our shared delusions.

Although less people I know in the real world drink their own piss or gently caress dogs, so I guess the NRL is slightly worse than the outside world.

Not much money in leaking the vids of randos pissing in their mouths though.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Come on Broncos. Oh my god, NRL is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Maybe cause both teams took part in the WCC.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Castleford are playing must watch footy atm btw.

Cas are good, but Leeds are terrible. I can't believe they haven't brought in some players this year, it seems like terrible mismanagement. Anyone know better?

Leeds should be shot en masse.

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 2, 2017

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Why the gently caress is Inglis still on? He should sue the poo poo out of the coach.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Which of the 9 million midweek NRL shows should I watch if I want as much analysis and match highlights as possible and as little of everything else?

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Forward pass, but I'll take it anyway.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Its nuts eh? Every loving time, its exhausting.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

GG Cowboys :(

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

gently caress I forgot it was on, whats this Thursday bullshit? Don't get many tries like Hunts against the Storm.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

I kind of think that should be a try, happy for it to be scrubbed though.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

iajanus posted:

Ok it feels super weird to get home from work at six and turn on the TV and it's the second half

I can't figure out the reason for this time slot, it seems bad in literally every way.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

This would be a good game if everyone would stop dropping the ball.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Why is Roberts still playing?

Good game in the conditions, Broncs look very calm.

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 30, 2017

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Silly Kahu, tbf though I didn't know that either, seems wring somehow.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

iajanus posted:

Broncos are playing hilariously terrible football

They don't deserve to be close to this

Bennet's masterplan, by the end of the season you better believe the Broncos are going to be used to tight stressful games.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

aejix posted:

Im sorry but what the gently caress was that broncos try

HAHAHA sims reaction so good

Sims had no loving idea if he'd hosed up or done good :D

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

I must be one eyed as hell then, cos I don't see the knock on. He has control when it hits the ground, a great pickup and good off foot drop goal.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

iajanus posted:

I've only watched three replays but it looked like a stone cold knock on. Anywhere else on the field would have been pulled up, I have no idea how they missed it.

I've watched again, I guess it comes down to definition of control. For me he has control when the ball hits the ground and he doesn't loose control, so no knock on.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Its weird being a Broncos fan, I'm not used to this level of love from the refs for any other team I support. I think I like it though, lol.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

I'd like them to give this one as well ;)

edit: no fair!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Azerban posted:

https://twitter.com/Oxford_RL/status/860224893660606465

this is going to be an event of the highest quality, and i'm hyped

An Oxford fan? Are you going? Take photos!

As far as I can tell from the fixture list Workington don't get an away game in Toronto, which sucks.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Puckish Rogue posted:

hell i didn't even know oxford were allowed to play rugby league

They play in jaunty scarves!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Azerban posted:

I am going, but down the street, not across the ocean!
A Canadian then, whats your story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Azerban posted:

soccer got too popular, and/or it's nice to watch a toronto team win a game

i have a picture or two but apparently i'm too dumb to do it from my phone

I watched the first half, crowd looked decent what's with everyone coming late?

• Locked thread