Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Good work on the OP. Guess I should start paying attention to this again and holy poo poo looks like Manly did another player cleanout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Don't know if it's worth adding in the OP yet, but I found out recently that the Rugby League World Cup is on in October - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Rugby_League_World_Cup

The fact USA is returning might garner some interest round these parts probably not

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

https://twitter.com/FULLBOONTA/status/827285787372720129

I know Mundine likes to rig favourable fights, but come on lol

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Tuned out when the scoreline hit 16-0. Not sure what the point of these matches are in a sport where injuries are so common

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Inglis might be out for the season due to a knee reconstruction. Bunnies looking like strong contenders for the spoon

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Resident Idiot posted:

I'm not entirely sure I'm happy about that. Tedesco is amazing and certainly our only genuine marquee player, but no individual player should be bigger than the club regardless of how good he is.

:agreed: That's what happened with DCE at Manly and we lost our core playing group over it and suck now

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Three wins in a row now and against good opponents too. Did not expect that after such a horrible start to the season but I'll take it :)

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Yesss :woop: bad luck Raiders

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

The city vs country fiasco that's currently going on is amusing and very NRL

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

I think the NRL must single-handedly keep a few drug cartels in business.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sharks-and-roosters-lose-1-million-sponsorship-report-20170510-gw1fmt.html

Lol, sponsors are walking out on Roosters and Sharks. Thread title is very relevant this season it seems :v:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Wow Qld are so kind to relieve us of Pearce like that.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Goes to show that as more of the old guard retire/are injured, Qld look more and more vulnerable. Wouldn't be surprised if NSW have a golden period in the next few years.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

bowmore posted:

knightsluck.txt

Knights winning would've upset the natural order, so the touch judge made the right call here. :cheeky:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Yeah, sucks for him to go out like that but wowee we're in with a good shot at the series now.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Another solid game by Manly. I still don't know who half the team are anymore but it seems to be working :v:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Raiders were around the same position this time last year and ended up finishing 2nd (which I totally forgot about lol). Maybe they'll hit a purple streak again.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Warriors have done well to squander that 16-0 lead.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Well done Tigers, winning the cripple fight. :v:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

QUEENSLAND: Will Chambers, Gavin Cooper, Cooper Cronk, Dane Gagai, Matt Gillett, Tim Glasby, Coen Hess, Valentine Holmes, Ben Hunt, Josh McGuire, Michael Morgan, Cameron Munster, Dylan Napa, Josh Papalii, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith (capt), Jarrod Wallace.

NSW: unchanged.

I'm glad that DCE didn't get picked, he's been in great form for Manly.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Puckish Rogue posted:

I mean, Manly have had this coming for about 20 years now. Again.

Looks like alot of the information will be held by NSW Police, who can't necessarily share it with the NRL. This is after Manly already passed a mid-season audit.

So we might get away with it. :shepicide:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Just gpt back from the pub :sigh:

NSW played like arse and I hope they stop selecting passengers next yr

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Love those free wins, thanks Tigers :cheeky:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

DCE :woop:

We're so getting knocked out in the first round of finals though if we squeeze through.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

iajanus posted:

Since I never watch the pre/mid-game shows I honestly have no opinion of this development

Surely you tuned in when James Blunt and Jessica Mauboy were performing. :cheeky:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Manly into finals :toot:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

MiniSune posted:

So Cows now on death watch if the Dragons win?

If Dragons beat Bulldogs (which is likely) then they get 7th, Panthers 8th, Cowboys 9th on +/-, I think.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Wow, rip Dragons

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Just got home from the game. Other than the awesome Walker try it was two bad teams.

Also the bunker can go eat a MOAB :argh:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Saul Goode posted:

The Sharks and the Sea Eagles knocked out in the same weekend? Awesome.

I'm still a bit pissed about the Manly game. We had the bunker go against us and the on-field ref three times, even though the evidence was borderline on all counts. :colbert:

1) Dylan Walker was shown in line with the kicker not infront of when he scored his disallowed 2nd.
2) Uate was shown grounding the ball relatively fine but overturned by bunker.
3) Panthers player scores despite bunker showing it touching his arm after it bounced off his chest and then it hit the ground, so a knock on.

/rant. Oh well I guess Broncos would've beaten us in the next round anyway.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Fair enough, hadn't seen that angle.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

ili posted:

Maybe the Warriors, maybe the Titans. I reckon Des should do a stint in England just to have a different experience and maybe think about a different style of football. The dogs have been boring as poo poo under him.

Seems a bit odd to sack him though, given they have consistently made the finals up until this one bad year. :shrug:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:drat: There's no way Melbourne aren't winning this whole thing.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Wasn't expecting that. I think the final will be a cricket score unfortunately

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Pro-click. Seems like Knights & Rabbitohs get screwed over and Broncos & Cowboys are the only ones able to crack the top 8 while still getting harder draws.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

MiniSune posted:

Id rather an exciting world cup with good teams and close games, instead of the 90 point floggings handed out in say the rugby world cup where more stringent eligibility rules are enforced.

Yeah, I don't get why people are so offended that some players are choosing to play for minnow island teams over Aus/NZ.

Spoiler: the grand final will be Aus v NZ regardless.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

I have access to free tickets for Aus v Lebanon and England v Lebanon but I don't know if I can be bothered watching 50-0 drubbings. I went to Aus v Fiji with free tickets the last time around and it was a bit sad.

Although it was funny seeing the whole stadium cheer when Fiji finally scored their one try though when there was hardly a murmur when Aus scored any of their dozen lol.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

bowmore posted:

I'm fine with the footy show being axed, that show has been limping for years

:agreed:

It wasn't even that long ago when they had a segment purely to racially stereotype players https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTriclPvVws

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

In before Roosters dump Pearce and then Tigers pick him up :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Well that was weird.

• Locked thread