Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

GOON SQUAD: HELP US KILL SUPERMAN

Join our PS4 SA Groups:

The Goon Squad
ID: 2DPGZ

Goon Lantern Corps
ID: XPEF8

Dark Empire
ID: N6C2E

ALSO, our Xbocks group:

Goonrilla Grodd
ID: 02FRM

PC Group:

SuperGoons
1ENSH

___

Injustice 2, the sequel to the GROUNDBREAKING Injustice: Gods Among Us, is coming out for PS4/Xbone (get hosed, PC) on May 16, 2017. We are sucked back into Earth-2 or wherever this alt-universe is, wherein Superman's wife got killed by the Joker leading to a totalitarian regime commenced by the Justice League. Join Batman, Margot Robbie, Robin 666, and all their buddies for an epic DBZ showdown with Supergirl and (insert 2 new characters here.) Hitboxes, and faces, will be destroyed.

-- WELCOME BACK TO THE STAGE OF HISTORY: Ed Boon has stated that the Story mode for this game is his biggest and bestest yet, putting all Netherrealm narratives to shame. To be fair, this is a rather low bar to clear, but it's probably going to be better than any cinematic experience you get from Warner Bros. this year. I'm looking forward to Atrocitus promoting Red Lanterns Matter, Swamp Thing making out with Poison Ivy in the club, and Batman agonizing whether or not he should kill Superman for ruining his sweet Macbook setup in Injustice 1 that he was totally gonna use for a DJ set.

-- MODULAR COSPLAY: A mix between the variant system of MKX and the pisspoor itemization in Smash Bros 4, Injustice 2 introduces a brand new equipment system via way of dropped loot. You can mix and match costume parts for each character, changing not only their cosmetic appearance, but their fighting stats, as well. Additionally, some gear can even modify special moves i.e. Batman having an anti-air Batarang versus giving him an air-to-ground one. Some these even affect character skills, like Atrocitus' kitty cat call-in. You'll be able to save loadouts for each character as well. For those of you who hate fun or just want a fair fight, the option to play "pure" without the gear stats is also available.

-- MORE Z-LISTERS THAN EVER BEFORE:

With a starting roster of over 30 kooky heroes and villains, Injustice is even bigger than its predecessor. This number swells even larger with the 9 DLC characters + Darkseid + the "reskin" heroes like Zoom, Power Girl, and Jon Stewart.

-- WITNESS THE EXTENT OF THE MULTIVERSE: Injustice 2 takes a page out of MKX's Towers but mixes it up with the fine powder of the STAR Labs segments. Taking place across new planets and challenges every day/week/month, each themed planet has specific fights, objectives, and variables, as well as a refresh of cool gear constantly.

-- BATMAN HAS A NEW STANCE: Thank loving god

CHARACTERS
-----

Injustice 2 Character Bible, Base Set:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807626&pagenumber=160&perpage=40#post474165318

DLC Character Bible:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807626&pagenumber=193#post480789477

WHERE THE gently caress IS MY CHARACTER?
Sorry, but it's likely that characters like Ares, Deathstroke (replaced by Will Smith), Doomsday (replaced by Harambe), Hawkgirl (cooked by an oven), Killer Frost (replaced by Mr. Freeze, Captain Cold, and Sub-Zero), and Solomon Grundy (replaced by evil red dude who vomits blood and has a killer kitty) will not show up again. Not confirmed of course but it's likely, so don't hold your breath. Characters not named in any leaks/information pamphlets like Shazam, Sinestro, or Lobo could still return, so STAY TUNED TRUE BELIEVERS.

PREORDER/DLC!!!!

Much like MKX, Injustice 2 has a giant badass embarrassing Big Boy edition. Pay $99 for Darkseid, 3 premium Power Girl/Zoom/Jon Stewart reskins, and 9 DLC characters, 2 of which will probably be Spawn and Bad Mr. Frosty from Clayfighter. No matter what, you get ubergoober Darkseid for preordering this game.

DLC PACK NUMERO UNO

Starfire, Sub-Zero, and the Red Hood are confirmed as the first 3 DLC fighters.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR FUCKEN NERDS

"DEADSHOT, FIRESTORM, AND DR. FART ARE BULLSHIT."

Jmcrofts posted:

I did a video that hopefully will be helpful for anyone who's having a hard time against zoners/projectile-heavy characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRmnAG0iiw

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'm gonna be playing Bane and breaking all the puny Batmen over my knee again like in the good old days, thanks for reading.

Also if I'm dumb enough at the time, I might get the bad with money edition so I can replace boring rear end Hal Jordan with Phil LaMarr John Stewart.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 27, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I look forward to hitting f23 with Superman and winning a lot again because f23 is one of the most oppressive attack strings in fighting game history.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is my most hyped game for 2017. Been waiting for this title since MKX came out and that was my favorite fighting game ever.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Does this game feature the intense Batman chair-fighting action that the comics promise and that I crave?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

mercenarynuker posted:

Does this game feature the intense Batman chair-fighting action that the comics promise and that I crave?

No idea what chair you're referring to but there is a big sandbag you can punch and launch into your opponent on one of the stages. Sadly I have yet to see a luchador stage where you can smack people with a chairshot or a table. Maybe it'll come with the Chris Benoit DLC.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
No Solomon Grundy? Like the best part of watching competitive Injustice was listening to the crowd shout the rhyme while he command grabbed you to death.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

CharlestonJew posted:

No Solomon Grundy? Like the best part of watching competitive Injustice was listening to the crowd shout the rhyme while he command grabbed you to death.

Slaughter Swamp is one of the stages, so its either Grundy or Swamp thing's stage(or both?)

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxS3Uu3-uk

Black Canary reveal! Sporting one hell of a wedgie, like her melee moves. Also showing the new Arkham Asylum level, it's super toned down!

Once again the newer trailers aren't showing any of the customization armor which worries me. As dumb as it looked it's kind of this games main gimmick.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxS3Uu3-uk

Black Canary reveal! Sporting one hell of a wedgie, like her melee moves. Also showing the new Arkham Asylum level, it's super toned down!

Once again the newer trailers aren't showing any of the customization armor which worries me. As dumb as it looked it's kind of this games main gimmick.

I don't know poo poo about Black Canary but she's looking like a Sonya Blade stand-in, really bland. This at least continues to fall in line with the leak---looks like it's for real. This leaves Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, Doctor Fate, Firestorm, Swamp Thing, and Cheetah as the remaining newcomers. Still hoping for The Spectre and Etrigan.

There was a stream where they covered gear stuff and the beta shows off a lot of costume options. Much like how MKX's Variation system boiled down to pros only playing 1 of the 3, I'm guessing the gear stuff will be focused on less in trailers for the sake of Injustice 2's status in places like EVO this year. The gear is more or less for fun-mode single and multiplayer modes. After the SFV debacle and given how incredible MKX sales were, NRS probably wants to cover all their bases for single player content and extras even after tourney poo poo.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Pretty ballsy to make Bane a Mortal Kombat palette swap

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
That doesn't look like Bane.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

That doesn't look like Bane.

Bane has like 5 different looks across games/movies/shows in the last few years but I'm sure the classic lucha mask will be available for this.

A new round of beta codes are going out soon, and the beta is being updated with Blue Beetle.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MinibarMatchman posted:

Bane has like 5 different looks across games/movies/shows in the last few years but I'm sure the classic lucha mask will be available for this.

A new round of beta codes are going out soon, and the beta is being updated with Blue Beetle.

Why people still fucks around with Bane's design when his original suit is a timeless classic?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Why people still fucks around with Bane's design when his original suit is a timeless classic?

legit question you could ask about almost any comic character but with DC they reboot their poo poo so many loving times that I don't even know if Superman is still from Kansas or even Krypton. The worst might be the roboBatsuit that James Gordon wore for a while (maybe he still does!? Is Joker still deaD? who loving knows)

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

"Oh gently caress an eagle is clawing at my arm! Help me."

*Guy next to him takes a knife to the throat and drowns on his own blood*

"Well then... I guess this eagle thing isn't that bad."

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

legit question you could ask about almost any comic character but with DC they reboot their poo poo so many loving times that I don't even know if Superman is still from Kansas or even Krypton. The worst might be the roboBatsuit that James Gordon wore for a while (maybe he still does!? Is Joker still deaD? who loving knows)

Not wearing it, alive now but theres three of him

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Poison Ivy's hair looks really weird, like it's starting too far back on her head.

Also I can deal with that Bane but yeah, hopefully they'll get on some throwback costumes for him quick enough.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

Poison Ivy's hair looks really weird, like it's starting too far back on her head.

It looks like a wig that's starting to come off from the front.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It sucks that Canary looks exactly like Sonya but at least her face isn't all hosed up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm a scrub tier comic book movie fan and just want the Dark Knight Rises Bane.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Bane looks like the robot from Killer Bitchstink

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Did they close the beta key invites? I had a friend trying to sign up and couldn't saying it was closed.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Diabetic posted:

Did they close the beta key invites? I had a friend trying to sign up and couldn't saying it was closed.

yeah I think if you didn't sign up for the month or so it was open, you're out of luck for now.

fadam posted:

It sucks that Canary looks exactly like Sonya but at least her face isn't all hosed up.

My first thought was literally "Sonya Blade is in Injustice 2" when I saw this. Also if it didn't say Black Canary I would have never known who this was in a vacuum without her fishnets and mask.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Well, that explains Fate's presence and possibly Ollie's return.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is Dr. Fate connected to Black Canary in some way?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
In the Injustice comics he took her to an alternate dimension where Ollie was alive and the Dinah of that universe was dead.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Ollie's tower ending in 1 had him train AU Red Arrow. Maybe they'll canonize that?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Next character reveal is Feb 7th. Probably gonna be a reveal a week at this rate because roster is gonna be sizable.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's Blue Beetle's trait?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

What's Blue Beetle's trait?

Grows talon claws that increase damage and range, at least thats what it looks like in beta matches

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bysYrTTSrVc

Vid meant to show off Canary but first actual gameplay of Deadshot. If you thought he was gonna be toned down Deathstroke well initial look says thats way off base. He's a bastard child of Deathstroke and full auto jacqui, with a pinch of gunslinger erron tossed in. Only thing he's missing(which may be in just not shown in video) is instant air guns.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I'm not a big enough goober to pre-order the ultimate edition for what amounts to a $40 season pass...
...but if I like the characters, anything's possible. :downs:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I would have pre-ordered but then on the last stream Boon said Space Ghost wouldn't be DLC so whatever.

Next stream is Wednesday at 3 cst..

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Since the game and comic have been good about keeping the continuity smooth, here are some of the more notable dead characters in the Injustice universe. In other words, guys you shouldn't expect to see outside of alt skins:

- Beast Boy
- Kid Flash
- Kalibak
- Captain Atom
- Kyle Rayner
- Despero
- John Stewart
- Guy Gardner
- Ganthet
- Phantom Stranger
- Huntress
- Kilowog
- Parasite
- Heatwave
- Weather Wizard

Bizarro died too, but he was just a failed clone of Superman, so there's no reason we couldn't just get another one.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
They gotta get Conan to voice a Flaming C alt costume for Superman, they have a second chance to make this right now.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Neo Rasa posted:

They gotta get Conan to voice a Flaming C alt costume for Superman, they have a second chance to make this right now.

They actually made one for the original when the game was featured on one of Conan's Clueless gamer segments. Never publicly released it as far as I know.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gavok posted:

Since the game and comic have been good about keeping the continuity smooth, here are some of the more notable dead characters in the Injustice universe. In other words, guys you shouldn't expect to see outside of alt skins:

- Beast Boy
- Kid Flash
- Kalibak
- Captain Atom
- Kyle Rayner
- Despero
- John Stewart
- Guy Gardner
- Ganthet
- Phantom Stranger
- Huntress
- Kilowog
- Parasite
- Heatwave
- Weather Wizard

Bizarro died too, but he was just a failed clone of Superman, so there's no reason we couldn't just get another one.

The Huntress/Batwomanl thing in the Injustice comic always bugged the living hell out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Gavok posted:

- Beast Boy
- Kid Flash
- Kalibak
- Captain Atom
- Kyle Rayner
- Despero
- John Stewart
- Guy Gardner
- Ganthet
- Phantom Stranger
- Huntress
- Kilowog
- Parasite
- Heatwave
- Weather Wizard

Trickster, too! He had maybe the best death in the entire series.

• Locked thread