Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I dont know posted:

Do you still have links to those profiles? They were interesting, and a decent chunk of the cast is returning.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Then the DLC: Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion, Zod, Martian Manhunter, and Zatanna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I didn't get a beta invite. :(

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Gavok posted:

I'm your huckleberry.

Yaaaaaay

You actually inspired me to starting reading more DC since then, so I'm really looking forward to your write-ups for this (assuming you plan to).

Double edit: Atrocitus4Life

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 14, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Not surprised to see NRS sticking to their guns in making Superman the best character in the game twice in a row.

It's too bad cool new interesting characters like Swampthang and Black Canary are going to probably just end up being *ok* but chances are you'll still just end up fighting Superman online every second or third match.

The best NRS player in the universe thinks Canary is the best character in the beta and Superman was only the best character in IJ1 a for like one patch I thought?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/831329550407696384

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

My money's on Poison Ivy.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

fadam posted:

Technically already revealed, but it probably is her gameplay vid.

Star Sapphire would be the most appropriate, not that she will be in.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Swamp Thing looks pretty great but I gotta laugh at his growing leaf wings in his victory pose. I guess someone on the team really missed Hawkgirl?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

fadam posted:

The best NRS player in the universe thinks Canary is the best character in the beta and Superman was only the best character in IJ1 a for like one patch I thought?

I honestly don't remember you might be totally right. I just recall Supes still being considered top tier after his nerfs even if he wasn't winning premier tournaments.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Yeah Superman changed from Top 1 with a bullet to "merely" top tier. Like, Martian and Flash were better pound for pound but Superman was still a threat against everyone.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah Superman changed from Top 1 with a bullet to "merely" top tier. Like, Martian and Flash were better pound for pound but Superman was still a threat against everyone.

Martian Manhunter was so loving ridiculous. He had teleports, grabs, insane reach and power with his trait, braindead combos, projectiles. Technically MM is like "omega level" on par with Shazam and Superman in comics but man he was crazy.

If anything should be toned down it could be the freeze breath on Superman or at least his trait cooldown.

fadam posted:

Same, makes too much sense given Swampy reveal yesterday and Valentine's today.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Valentine's is all about two souls coming together forever, so obviously it'll be Firestorm.

I hope you like NRS faces...

HMS Beagle fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 14, 2017

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DExgqV3tj0

Happy Valentines Day

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really need this game right now.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
darkseid is my valentine

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

So cheetah and catwoman, 2 catwomans!!

Also a bit from story mode, catwoman in league with gorilla city? sure. Catwomans face doesn't seem "final" especially with canary and ivy in that same trailer.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

based on how improved superman, wonder woman, and supergirl's faces eventually became over a month or so, I'm not worried. NRS made huge leaps from MK9 and Injustice 1's body types and faces to what we got with MKX, and Injustice 2 looks like they're improving even further.

That being said I expect Catwoman's face to be remodeled because she looks like she's 60 or something.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

MinibarMatchman posted:

That being said I expect Catwoman's face to be remodeled because she looks like she's 60 or something.

I mean, considering Damian's age, she's probably getting pretty close.

E: I am super stoked my Bae is back

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I just wanna see more Grodd damnit. Like, I know he(and aquaman) probably went back to the shed for workover after the initial reveal as they both disappeared but I want my monkey man!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I wonder if Green Lantern will be fun to play this time and not just a character with poo poo combos and an annoying loving telekinetic grab to spam all day

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I started playing the injustice story mode again last night and the green lantern section was just him saying Beware my Power! over and over again. That grab is ultra horseshit.

Is cheetah going to be our Mileena analogue? Cuz then I'll be forced to play her...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Heh, Catwoman has Nightwing's bike attack.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I really would have thought that the two botanical-ecoterrorists and the two feline-females would have been alternate costumes of the same moveset, just like Flash/Zoom, Supergirl/Powergirl, and Hal/John were confirmed to be. We don't see a ton of gameplay in those trailers, but if they are clones NRS is working pretty hard to hide it. We'll have to wait and see how the two ice-guys and the two crazed-villains-who-employ-hallucinogenic-gas shake out.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I really would have thought that the two botanical-ecoterrorists and the two feline-females would have been alternate costumes of the same moveset, just like Flash/Zoom, Supergirl/Powergirl, and Hal/John were confirmed to be. We don't see a ton of gameplay in those trailers, but if they are clones NRS is working pretty hard to hide it. We'll have to wait and see how the two ice-guys and the two crazed-villains-who-employ-hallucinogenic-gas shake out.

hey if capcom can make half a dozen characters with just 'fireball/dragon punch/tornado kick' play differently

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Aw I was looking forward to some kind of Poison Ivy vs Swamp Thing pre-battle banter in that video. What the poo poo, NRS.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

Aw I was looking forward to some kind of Poison Ivy vs Swamp Thing pre-battle banter in that video. What the poo poo, NRS.

gotta save something for the inevitable Watchtower streams this week. I'm guessing both of them will be next to receive playthroughs while Catwoman gets put back into intensive care to fix her awful face.

Cheetah is def the Mileena archtype minus that goddamn teleport.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

This will be the second fighting game to have Cheetah as a playable character.

Booster Gold is still at zero.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gavok posted:

This will be the second fighting game to have Cheetah as a playable character.

Booster Gold is still at zero.

What? Booster Gold's been playable in plenty of games. Why, he was playable in Injustice with both green AND yellow variations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

What? Booster Gold's been playable in plenty of games. Why, he was playable in Injustice with both green AND yellow variations.

Well played :golfclap:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Footage of the mobile game....so, this is a thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npv3OIV8bo8

Scarecrow, Green Lantern, Cyborg appearances, but some of the other characters look outdated so maybe this is an old build? Either way Scarecrow does NOT look like anything I imagined. Thought he'd be closer to the Arkham City variant as opposed to "clayface jack skellingten" which is godawful.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

Footage of the mobile game....so, this is a thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npv3OIV8bo8

Scarecrow, Green Lantern, Cyborg appearances, but some of the other characters look outdated so maybe this is an old build? Either way Scarecrow does NOT look like anything I imagined. Thought he'd be closer to the Arkham City variant as opposed to "clayface jack skellingten" which is godawful.

It's nice that this one looks much more like a game than the previous Netherrealm mobile titles. Will make unlocking costumes much less of a chore, though lord knows I spent enough time trying to unlock Mad Scientist Bray Wyatt in Immortals.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

HMS Beagle posted:

It's nice that this one looks much more like a game than the previous Netherrealm mobile titles. Will make unlocking costumes much less of a chore, though lord knows I spent enough time trying to unlock Mad Scientist Bray Wyatt in Immortals.

This looks basically the same as the mkx mobile game.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Finished my playthrough of the Injustice campaign again. Holy heck did I ever forget how to play. Pretty much cheesed my way through the whole thing, but only lost 3 matches, which I guess is good. Beat Superman first try by spamming forward 2,3 like a champ.

Anyways the game feels really clunky compared to MKX and I hope it's more like the latter. Has anyone played the beta and gotten a feel for it yet?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

What if Scarecrow's gimmick in his intro is him using fear gas to transform into the skeleton monster form

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

What if Scarecrow's gimmick in his intro is him using fear gas to transform into the skeleton monster form

That kind of makes sense but after Swamp Thing do we really need 2 tall naked slime monster things. Would be a waste considering what a bang-up job his design was like in Arkham Knight.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

MinibarMatchman posted:

That kind of makes sense but after Swamp Thing do we really need 2 tall naked slime monster things. Would be a waste considering what a bang-up job his design was like in Arkham Knight.

Was Scarecrow ever good in a straight up fight? I think he only has fear gas going for him. Doesn't even have "shoots gud" abilities that seem standard to most batman villains.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The Fool posted:

This looks basically the same as the mkx mobile game.

Yeah but you can jump and duck now. Progress.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

HMS Beagle posted:

I want Bray Wyatt as DLC in this game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Hal can lay traps in the mobile game

Unlucky7 posted:

Was Scarecrow ever good in a straight up fight? I think he only has fear gas going for him. Doesn't even have "shoots gud" abilities that seem standard to most batman villains.

This the only time I know Crane was given some fighting skills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Of course Batman is repulsed by the power of puns.

• Locked thread