Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

No, the beta is over Tuesday.

I never got to be in the beta. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I kind of wish they used Ivy's look from the latest All-star Batman. That poo poo was ill.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Stream with info and gameplay about Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn is coming up tomorrow. Thursday brings a new character reveal.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ahh good news, ranked play at launch will ALWAYS be competitive mode, aka gear never matters.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Saint Freak posted:

When's Constantine

I imagine Swamp Thing's arcade ending

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Harley and Wonder Woman look fantastic; aesthetically they're great so far with their costumes and both characters' faces are huge improvements over the previous game. Really like the new hyena + gods blessing traits, too.

Wonder Woman overall looks way more brutal and has some fun new poo poo like Link's Downward Stab and a Stars and Stripes uppercut. One of her variant attacks is an extremely useful knee-slide attack to cover ground. Harley gets a ton of new variants like exploding bullets, altered projectile trajectories, and a poison syringe. She seems like she'll be even more of a frenetic, fun character.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I love everything about Wonder woman I have seen, except one thing.

HOPEFULLY A PLACEHOLDER, but her j2 is that same weird jank animation that I loving hate. But combining the stances, her options, she gets in true NRS fashion a low or overhead combo starter into full combo that can be made safe on block with ex shoulder charge.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
WW's shield walk is the goofiest thing I've ever seen.

Are the variant specials only accessible with specific costumes? So you can't ever use them in ranked?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

I love everything about Wonder woman I have seen, except one thing.

HOPEFULLY A PLACEHOLDER, but her j2 is that same weird jank animation that I loving hate. But combining the stances, her options, she gets in true NRS fashion a low or overhead combo starter into full combo that can be made safe on block with ex shoulder charge.

also that walking shield animation looked godawful but I'm sure they'll fix it. We've seen how well they updated things like Batman's stance or faces in general.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

New story trailer, with in-game Cyborg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTeb6WLGIl8

Graphics looking great as usual.

edit: vvvv Christ I hope not. I'm gonna say no because none of their reveal videos were just half-assed "oh here's a guy btw" embedded in a trailer

edit: Injustice twitter seemed to confirm yes it was, which loving sucks because Cyborg blows poo poo

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 23, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ah man, Cyborg isn't the reveal we were supposed to get today is he?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

Ah man, Cyborg isn't the reveal we were supposed to get today is he?

Lol of course he was, why would you think differently.

But look on the brightside, with the rule of twos(two super-people, two bats(batman and robin), two plant people, two cat people and such) we now have two arm-transformy techno black people!

I just hope the rule of two holds for Grodd so we can get detective chimp in the game.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Lol of course he was, why would you think differently.

But look on the brightside, with the rule of twos(two super-people, two bats(batman and robin), two plant people, two cat people and such) we now have two arm-transformy techno black people!

I just hope the rule of two holds for Grodd so we can get detective chimp in the game.

I'm not bummed that Cyborg is in the game, I'm bummed that he was the reveal. I swear they already announced him but it was probably just mobile poo poo.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

I'm not bummed that Cyborg is in the game, I'm bummed that he was the reveal. I swear they already announced him but it was probably just mobile poo poo.

Was just the mobile stuff. Cyborg reveal is an easy "free" week reveal where marketing team doesn't have to do anything. Expect the same for Green lantern "reveal".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every new character is already leaked, aren't they?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

You guys are the kids that peeked their parent's christmas gifts early and then complained about it

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Sinners Sandwich posted:

You guys are the kids that peeked their parent's christmas gifts early and then complained about it

I got the gift of Grodd and its all I ever needed

Drink it in mannnnn~~~

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Does anyone remember what the DLC characters cost as they rolled out for Injustice 1? I'm trying to gauge if the expensive version is actually going to save me DLC money in the long run.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Karnegal posted:

Does anyone remember what the DLC characters cost as they rolled out for Injustice 1? I'm trying to gauge if the expensive version is actually going to save me DLC money in the long run.

P sure they were 5 bux each but that might have been the Mk9 dlc. The ultimate edition is probably costed where you'll break even if you ignore the extra skins and poo poo.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

5 bucks each, and with 9 dlc characters planned I think that will save a lot.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Jimmy Hats posted:

P sure they were 5 bux each but that might have been the Mk9 dlc. The ultimate edition is probably costed where you'll break even if you ignore the extra skins and poo poo.

With the Amazon 20% off and 5% back that seems like a good deal.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Karnegal posted:

With the Amazon 20% off and 5% back that seems like a good deal.

Yeah I am just gonna get the ultimate edition cause I am the type to buy all the dlc chars anyway. With Prime's 20% off its a money saving move in the end.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah I am just gonna get the ultimate edition cause I am the type to buy all the dlc chars anyway. With Prime's 20% off its a money saving move in the end.

:same:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/constansjld/status/836234557393408002/photo/2

If this is true and Red Hood is indeed on the base game, I'll be preordering the Ultimate Edition so hard.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Starfire/Red Hood is a new one but hasn't shown up on the "official" leak anywhere. I can't imagine what Red Hood could possibly have that's interesting or different from Deadshot.

I think the only "I work at this company and im leaking this" instance I remember being true was for Smash Bros and heads actually rolled for that so this guy would have to be one stupidass gently caress to put this info out. I'm gonna say it's just some random dude who wrote up a really fake and poorly written list.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MinibarMatchman posted:

Starfire/Red Hood is a new one but hasn't shown up on the "official" leak anywhere. I can't imagine what Red Hood could possibly have that's interesting or different from Deadshot.

I think the only "I work at this company and im leaking this" instance I remember being true was for Smash Bros and heads actually rolled for that so this guy would have to be one stupidass gently caress to put this info out. I'm gonna say it's just some random dude who wrote up a really fake and poorly written list.

Well I mean, the current Injustice leak came from a guy working on the mobile game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

MinibarMatchman posted:

When he shoots his pistol he can shoot it all sideways like he's a gangster.

I hope its true just mostly for the batwoman skin for batman. I hold no particular love for batwoman but shes aesthetically kinda cool, but I hold an unreasonable hate for batman.

Where's ultra humanite premium skin for grodd.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

No way theres so many premire slins. Think how many premutations of dialog there would be

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

guys twitter name is misleading, I thought we had confirmation of constantine for a second.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Next reveal is tomorrow. I'm guessing another story trailer and an appearance by either Scarecrow or Captain Cold. Probably going to ramp up the reveals since there are 5 weeks or so left. We have yet to see Mr. Crane, Mr. Freeze/Cold, Firestorm, or Dr. Fate.

Part of me thinks that the "too many bat people" sentiment will lead to Captain Cold being the new character and Mr. Freeze being a premiere skin. Even with those guys + Green Arrow, Black Adam, Joker, there are a LOT of "?" slots left on the character roster website page.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I really hope they just leave joker out of it since he's fukkin dead

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jimmy Hats posted:

I really hope they just leave joker out of it since he's fukkin dead

Do we know if all of the characters are Injustice universe only, or if we'll have characters/versions of characters from the regular DC universe as well, like before.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Fool posted:

Do we know if all of the characters are Injustice universe only, or if we'll have characters/versions of characters from the regular DC universe as well, like before.

it seems to be "alt universe only" right now which is why Shazam, Lex Luthor, Doomsday, etc are being left out due to death. In that case I would be glad if Joker is left out, he was really loving weird in terms of animations in the first game and it was off-putting, not to mention how loving bad his face/voice actor were. Harley Quinn's moveset encapsulates a lot of Joker stuff already i.e. big mallet, poison syringe, hyenas.

Having it be "alternative universe" also kind of explains why Supergirl is new in this storyline.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If NRS doesn't include the Joker in the opening roster, they'll probably wind up throwing him in as a DLC.

Get ready for a slew of "Joker? I thought you died!" "News of my demise is greatly exaggerated! HahaHA!" type opening dialogs.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They should do flashpoint joker and have batman punch out his crazyverse mom

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Boon teasing a "deep interesting" roster reveal tomorrow. Someone asked if it was Flash and he responded "not exactly deep into the roster" so I'm guessing we get a guaranteed new character.

"Deep cut" certainly fits Captain Cold so I'm going to predict it's him.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

MinibarMatchman posted:

it seems to be "alt universe only" right now which is why Shazam, Lex Luthor, Doomsday, etc are being left out due to death. In that case I would be glad if Joker is left out, he was really loving weird in terms of animations in the first game and it was off-putting, not to mention how loving bad his face/voice actor were. Harley Quinn's moveset encapsulates a lot of Joker stuff already i.e. big mallet, poison syringe, hyenas.

Having it be "alternative universe" also kind of explains why Supergirl is new in this storyline.

But isn't Green Arrow dead in this universe? Not that death has ever meant much for comic media, but it would be weird if they use it as a basis to drop characters inconsistently.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Boon teasing a "deep interesting" roster reveal tomorrow. Someone asked if it was Flash and he responded "not exactly deep into the roster" so I'm guessing we get a guaranteed new character.

Snowflame, at last.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

Come on Freakazoid guest character.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I dont know posted:

But isn't Green Arrow dead in this universe? Not that death has ever meant much for comic media, but it would be weird if they use it as a basis to drop characters inconsistently.

Green Arrow and Black Canary both exist in a place outside of time per Injustice canon so he could be an alt-dimension Green Arrow just not the mainline one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MinibarMatchman posted:

Give me Jason Todd or give me death

• Locked thread