Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ImpAtom posted:

Green Arrow and Black Canary both exist in a place outside of time per Injustice canon so he could be an alt-dimension Green Arrow just not the mainline one.

Ah, I haven't read the comic. They say he is dead in story mode of the first game, and I was going by that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I've been enjoying the new Red Hood book so Jason Todd would be rad. Dr. Fate could be cool too.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Injustice-verse Green Arrow is dead, and black canary has been emigrated.

Since canary is in the game, that does imply some sort of alt-verse shenanigans.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://youtu.be/Sfoh07Vk17I

Because there is never enough Batman

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://youtu.be/Sfoh07Vk17I

Because there is never enough Batman

LOL each one is better than the last.

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
Doesn't Bizarro have heat breath and cold vision? A skin and voice is one thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Fool posted:

Injustice-verse Green Arrow is dead, and black canary has been emigrated.

Since canary is in the game, that does imply some sort of alt-verse shenanigans.

It's already confirmed in her bio.

Batman is desperate so he reaches out to her, and she comes back to help finish the job. Green Arrow is presumably the Oliver she ends up with coming along too.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dr. Fate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S0qwAnoK5Y

LOL literally using ankhs to stab people with. He looks like Dr, Strange from MVC3.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

Batman is desperate so he reaches out to her, and she comes back to help finish the job. Green Arrow is presumably the Oliver she ends up with coming along too.

I wonder how they are going to explain him not just pulling the justice league from the last game back over again to bail his rear end out if this is the case.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Dr. Fate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S0qwAnoK5Y

LOL literally using ankhs to stab people with. He looks like Dr, Strange from MVC3.

He's got kind of a Black Adam vibe to him, what with the pose and all the floaty balls.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

dr fate looks cool but man that's an underwhelming super

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

I wonder how they are going to explain him not just pulling the justice league from the last game back over again to bail his rear end out if this is the case.

That's not too hard to hand wave. If he wants to do it with his own people, Canary might be in another universe but she's still a local.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
I wonder how he came back. He was stuck with Gilbert Gottfried and Trigon last time I read.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

That's not too hard to hand wave. If he wants to do it with his own people, Canary might be in another universe but she's still a local.

I guess? But he already knows he can trust the alt-batman so it seems a bit silly. I'm sure they'll have some bullshit plot explanation for it, hopefully something incredibly stupid like the super pills.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dr. Fate looks cool. If that triple shot hits crouchers I'm all in.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Jimmy Hats posted:

He's got kind of a Black Adam vibe to him, what with the pose and all the floaty balls.

He screams to me Sinestro meets Raven. The triple shot is Sinestro's signature move even.

But yeah cool new character and all but I just wanna see grodd footage he's been in the shed for 6 months now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

we've def seen less of grodd than any of the other initial beta reveal characters. they'll probably drag his rear end out for a tandem gameplay video when Flash is visible

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

MinibarMatchman posted:

we've def seen less of grodd than any of the other initial beta reveal characters. they'll probably drag his rear end out for a tandem gameplay video when Flash is visible

I just hope animation wise he got his super redone. It screamed placeholder to me and I hope I was right about that.

Aquaman also been in the can for the same amount of time, when he was last shown off he was copy/paste injustice 1 unlike say supes and batman, who have the "same" movesets but tons of new animations. So I hope he gets the same treatment they did.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Xeremides posted:

I wonder how he came back. He was stuck with Gilbert Gottfried and Trigon last time I read.

Don't know how, but him and zatanna are chilling in his weird house as of the current run.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

dr fate looks cool but man that's an underwhelming super

the winpose makes up for it

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/838820386292842496

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

poo poo yeah, I can get behind some of this.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

drat, Big E lost some weight and skin pigmentation.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

We'll also be getting a character video on the 9th, luckily

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/839137262793154560

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Batman is kicking the poo poo out of at least 3 guys at the same time there. He must be slowing with old age.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

You want to knock some mooks around, you call OMAC the One Man Army Corps!

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Jimmy Hats posted:

Batman is kicking the poo poo out of at least 3 guys at the same time there. He must be slowing with old age.

Nah this is about right for early game Arkham series Batman, by hour 6 he'll be wearing a necklace of ears he made in the middle of roundhouse kicking, like, 6 dudes at once.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPOZuEa9dso

Meet GL, GA and Cold

Cold looks like poo poo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
you can only see cold for a split second among the villains gathered by grodd

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

no idea how different Green Arrow gonna be. I can't wait to just loving replace all of Bane's poo poo with lucha costume items because I'm not excited about his Extreme Reebok attire. I can't see poo poo when it comes to that split second of 2017 Future Cold.

Reverse Flash looks cool as hell though and it's neat that he's in Story mode.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MinibarMatchman posted:

no idea how different Green Arrow gonna be. I can't wait to just loving replace all of Bane's poo poo with lucha costume items because I'm not excited about his Extreme Reebok attire. I can't see poo poo when it comes to that split second of 2017 Future Cold.

Reverse Flash looks cool as hell though and it's neat that he's in Story mode.

Cold is the guy in the rightmost side.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Cold is the guy in the rightmost side.

that is one weird rear end generic commando uniform he has, I hope he can just get the dumb igloo man hoodie and slit-eye goggles.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

that is one weird rear end generic commando uniform he has, I hope he can just get the dumb igloo man hoodie and slit-eye goggles.

He wouldn't look out of place in one of the later Command & Conquer games.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Looks like the characters are split up into multiple factions?

Gorilla Grod's group( Grod, Bane, Cheetah, Poison Ivy, Cold)
Bat Family (Batman, Green Arrow, Canary, Green Lantern(?), Flash(?))
The Regime (Superman, Wonderwoman, Cyborg, Robin)
External Threat (Atroticus, Darkseid, Braniac)

I'm obviously leaving confirmed characters out, since I'm not sure how to group them together.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, Sinestro must be loving pissed. Hal Jordan murdered a bunch of people, joined his worst enemy, actively turned against the Green Lantern Corp and the Guardians were just like 'lol nah you can come back ain't no big deal.'

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bane looks kind of awful, same with Cold. You can tell the design team had to make their base appearance pretty bland thanks to the "every battle defines you" schtick.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

If there's another MKX faction system thing, you bet your rear end I'm signing up for Grodd's Goons :allears:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I believe Grodd's faction is called The Society

Batman's is still called The Insurgency. Don't forget Blue Beetle is a member!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Shouldn't his ring be glowing, not the finger next to his ring?

• Locked thread