Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

Bane looks kind of awful, same with Cold. You can tell the design team had to make their base appearance pretty bland thanks to the "every battle defines you" schtick.

I have no doubt that the mods for their costumes will lend us better appearances. I also surmise that the reason Captain Cold is so bulky is that this makes things easier for him to have a Mr. Freeze premier skin.

"why not add just Freeze then" well probably to avoid the stigma of WAY TOO MANY BAT-CHARACTERS.

Right now we've seen the grand majority of leaked characters. What's left:

• The Joker
• Scarecrow
• Mr. Freeze
• Firestorm
• Black Adam

I'm going to say Freeze is just a skin, especially if we already have CapCold and Sub-Zero on the way. This still leaves a shitload of question marks on the character roster screen on the official Injustice site, not even counting the 9 or so slots that may be reserved for DLC.

We've seen absolutely nothing regarding Joker showing up which leads me to believe he'll either be DLC, or possibly just gone? I could see him getting overhauled because like Wonder Woman/Harley, he had a godawful ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

I have no doubt that the mods for their costumes will lend us better appearances. I also surmise that the reason Captain Cold is so bulky is that this makes things easier for him to have a Mr. Freeze premier skin.

"why not add just Freeze then" well probably to avoid the stigma of WAY TOO MANY BAT-CHARACTERS.

Right now we've seen the grand majority of leaked characters. What's left:

• The Joker
• Scarecrow
• Mr. Freeze
• Firestorm
• Black Adam

I'm going to say Freeze is just a skin, especially if we already have CapCold and Sub-Zero on the way. This still leaves a shitload of question marks on the character roster screen on the official Injustice site, not even counting the 9 or so slots that may be reserved for DLC.

We've seen absolutely nothing regarding Joker showing up which leads me to believe he'll either be DLC, or possibly just gone? I could see him getting overhauled because like Wonder Woman/Harley, he had a godawful ability.

I don't see Joker being out. I mean, narrative-wise, he should be gone, but on the other hand, he's a ridiculously popular character (unfortunately) so he'll be DLC if nothing else.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

The Fool posted:

Shouldn't his ring be glowing, not the finger next to his ring?

Oh my god, that's loving great. Good catch.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

The Fool posted:

Looks like the characters are split up into multiple factions?

Gorilla Grod's group( Grod, Bane, Cheetah, Poison Ivy, Cold)
Bat Family (Batman, Green Arrow, Canary, Green Lantern(?), Flash(?))
The Regime (Superman, Wonderwoman, Cyborg, Robin)
External Threat (Atroticus, Darkseid, Braniac)

I'm obviously leaving confirmed characters out, since I'm not sure how to group them together.

Dr fate, swamp thing in the "get your poo poo together, christ" group

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
That sounds a lot like Steve Blum as Hal.

There's got to be some kind of corollary that once your voice cast goes up above a certain number of actors, Blum just kind of shows up.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of DLC, this is making the rounds

Is a screencap from a Scholastic book about superhero videogames over the years. Flimsy evidence but I'll take it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Wanderer posted:

That sounds a lot like Steve Blum as Hal.

There's got to be some kind of corollary that once your voice cast goes up above a certain number of actors, Blum just kind of shows up.

He's in practically everything it's true, if he's not a main or side character, he'll be a generic mook at least.

I can't even formulate a decent list anymore of games where I'll just be going along and then I'll hear the Spike voice come out of some soldierman or another.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Scholastic advertising bloody T rated games is weird

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Was the Kung Lao pic from a few days ago supposed to be part of the big reveal, or was that just "Hey, we got a nice statue of Kung Lao"?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Technowolf posted:

Was the Kung Lao pic from a few days ago supposed to be part of the big reveal, or was that just "Hey, we got a nice statue of Kung Lao"?

It was a "we got a reveal coming later on" kinda deal. I think monday?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

It was a "we got a reveal coming later on" kinda deal. I think monday?

UpUpDownDown is doing an exclusive reveal of a character, and the day after we get a Watchtower stream

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
You can also see a bit of Scarecrow among Grodd's goons (on the far left, next to Deadshot)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can people summarize who was on what side in the first injustice and what happened in general, story wise.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Kurtofan posted:

Can people summarize who was on what side in the first injustice and what happened in general, story wise.

This is honestly more detailed than most can probably remember from 4 years ago

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Scholastic advertising bloody T rated games is weird

Back when I was a kid they had stuff about Mortal Kombat.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

This is honestly more detailed than most can probably remember from 4 years ago

alternate universes man, this is like peak comics

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Kurtofan posted:

Up to and including the part where I just curse under my breath every time "alternate universes" is spoken aloud

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

Don't read this then.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hello, Firestorm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH-7-SPfUHk

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Disney crossover confirmed??

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

looks like they took Cinder's moveset with the bison crushers and projectiles. Honestly, was expecting more from Firestrom besides a very generic fireball character. That finisher is loving garbage tier as well, does he pull the guy into hell or something?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is the only video of Firestorm this 45 minute piece of poo poo with the wrestlers?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What? That video is a whopping 12 minutes.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Wow, Firestorm is so underwhelming.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

What? That video is a whopping 12 minutes.

I just loaded it up on my computer to watch it and you're right. Not sure what happened there.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Wow, Firestorm is so underwhelming.

Honestly, that's a pretty big problem with this game in general. They have this roster filled with fantastic characters with crazy powers but the game is just UE models lumbering around throwing janky NRS animations at each other.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

I just loaded it up on my computer to watch it and you're right. Not sure what happened there.

Honestly, that's a pretty big problem with this game in general. They have this roster filled with fantastic characters with crazy powers but the game is just UE models lumbering around throwing janky NRS animations at each other.

that's going to be a limitation of most fighting games that don't go full Guilty Gear, to be fair. Though I do agree that MvC's high-speed, high-jumping high-flying style probably would suit a lot of these characters better.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MvC rules because some of the stuff the heroes do is completely out of character (why is Magneto so fast??) but it doesn't matter because it feels awesome to watch and play. The game is bright and colorful, everyone can zip around the screen with super jumps and air dashes, everyone has custom voice lines for each other, and the specials/supers are all very flashy. The characters in MvC feel like superheroes, the characters in IJ feel like MK characters, and as a life long DC fan that is a real bummer. Superman deserves better.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

MvC rules because some of the stuff the heroes do is completely out of character (why is Magneto so fast??) but it doesn't matter because it feels awesome to watch and play. The game is bright and colorful, everyone can zip around the screen with super jumps and air dashes, everyone has custom voice lines for each other, and the specials/supers are all very flashy. The characters in MvC feel like superheroes, the characters in IJ feel like MK characters, and as a life long DC fan that is a real bummer. Superman deserves better.

Magneto uses MAGNETS to zip around.

If NRS did Spiderman or Magneto they'd basically amount to Mileena and Ermac movesets. I agree that DC characters feel more like MKX extensions but them's the breaks, its never attempted to disguise that they take artifacts and lessons learned from Mortal Kombat 9/X and applied them to Injustice 1+2.

NRS would be far better suited for a heavier type of game like "horror icon all-stars" judging by how great they handled Jason, Leatherface, Freddy, Alien, etc. The brutality levels would make more sense, too.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Maaaan. Firestorm looks so uninspired, even with all the fake hype generated by the rasslers..

I think they hit their design peak with Swamp Thang.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I can't play MvC. It's way too fast and there's way too much poo poo happening at any second, so I'm glad Injustice plays at a speed I can comprehend and participate in

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I can't play MvC. It's way too fast and there's way too much poo poo happening at any second, so I'm glad Injustice plays at a speed I can comprehend and participate in

This is me. I tried UMvC3 when it came out on PC last week and got rid of it immediately. Way too fast and too many flashing colors, not to mention Galactus is a giant lovely pile of HP and One-hit Kills.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

fadam posted:

nrs is a good fit for modern cape comics and i don't mean that as a compliment for either side

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

I had some success online when it first launched but I never found it terribly engaging like I do with NRS games.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

nrs is a good fit for modern cape comics and i don't mean that as a compliment for either side

IMO most cape comics (DC especially) are better now than they have been in a long time, friend.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

So, if I understand correctly, the host of this is a pro wrestler who does this as a side gig for fun. Who are the other people with him? Also wrestlers?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Wanderer posted:

So, if I understand correctly, the host of this is a pro wrestler who does this as a side gig for fun. Who are the other people with him? Also wrestlers?

Yep, him and his other buddy there with him in a bunch of their videos are part of a 3 guy group called The New Day.

They're pretty goofy great goofy+great. He's also had their 3rd guy there (Big E) on to play junk with him too, as well as other random pro wrestlers that wanna mess around.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 14, 2017

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Wanderer posted:

Yeah. Up Up Down Down is essentially Xavier Woods' side project where he and other wrestlers chill out backstage and play video games out of character. The other people in the video are his tag partner Kofi Kingston as well as "The Boss" Sasha Banks (purple hair) and Bayley (knit cap). Bayley is essentially Street Fighter's Elena mixed with Punky Brewster.

Woods and Kofi's background is pretty great. They and Big E were three guys who had very little going on in WWE, so they wanted to work together as a trio. Vince McMahon, in his infinite wisdom, decided to give the three black guys a gimmick where they were a group of gospel baptists preaching about the power of positivity. The crowd hated it and the guys were able to alter the gimmick so that the jeers were driving them insane and they became charismatically passive-aggressive about it. They eventually won the crowd over with their ridiculousness (out of context quote: "YOU HAVE RUINED OUR JAMBOREE!") and became one of more beloved acts in WWE. Beloved enough that they have their own cereal, will eventually have their own ice cream pops, and got to have the longest tag title reign in WWE history.

Plus at last year's Wrestlemania, they entered their match by walking out of a giant box of cereal while dressed as Saiyans. They're living the dream.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

It is my hope that Gavok writes up a Who's Who of the new DC characters since the last one was great. For those of you who haven't read the last one for the first Injustice, strongly advise visiting http://4thletter.net/archives/ and just ctrl-f "Injustice" for a bunch of really great bios on the hilarious insane character histories.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'll get to that eventually. But first, I'm going to build on this for a second...

Kurtofan posted:

...since frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE's wiki link didn't include the comic tie-in. Since the tie-in is mostly good and is confirmed canon by Injustice 2, I might as well go over the whole thing. A lot of stuff happens in the first volume, but things are a bit more succinct in the ones that follow.

YEAR ONE

Injustice takes place in a universe where the biggest difference pre-story is that Lex Luthor is a good guy and is Superman's best friend. For years, he's been secretly keeping tabs on and protecting the loved ones of the Justice League.

Clark Kent and Lois Lane are married and Lois is early into a pregnancy. The Joker, who has grown tired of loving with Batman for so long, decides to mess with Superman as a change. Along with Harley, he kills Jimmy Olsen, kidnaps Lois, hooks up a nuclear detonator to her heart and gets Superman pumped up on kryptonite-laced Scarecrow fear gas. Superman thinks Lois is Doomsday, tosses her into space, realizes what he's done, and Lois' death causes Metropolis to explode. We later discover that the explosion killed Beast Boy, Kid Flash and Jesse Quick. Lex Luthor survived due to contingency plans.

After the dust is settled and Joker is captured, Superman angrily impales him with his fist. Green Arrow decides to hide Harley for a little while, since he doesn't like the idea of Superman executing prisoners. Harley is distraught and emotionally confused without the Joker, but ends up forming a bond with Arrow.

Superman's a bit messed up over what he's done and what he's lost, but gets a new resolve when he hears about a dictator taking part in a war. He figures that he isn't doing enough and should straight-up just stop wars from happening. Most of the Justice League follow his lead (especially Wonder Woman, who wants some of that widower rebound action), but Batman knows this is a bad idea. Superman and Batman are still friends at this point, but whenever Batman criticizes Superman, Superman goes, "Yeah, well, if you had killed the Joker when you had the chance, none of this would have ever happened!"

Superman's fascism causes a lot of ripples. Aquaman briefly opposes him, but then Superman puts a dome over Atlantis and places it in the desert as a giant middle finger. The US government secretly goes after him by kidnapping his parents, but they're recovered and Batman tells the President that this is a battle the government could never win. On Apokalips, Darkseid's son Kalibak hears that Superman's declared a war-free Earth and misunderstands it as some hippy poo poo where Earth is ripe for the picking. Instead, a pissed-as-hell Superman kills Kalibak and finds himself with no choice but to wipe out thousands of Parademons, which pushes him even further over the line.

At one point, Superman goes to Gotham to steal all the inmates from Arkham Asylum and ship them off to his own secret prison. Batman and Nightwing go to stop this, but Robin sells them out because he thinks Superman is the bee's knees. In the battle that follows against the rioting inmates, Robin accidentally kills Nightwing, causing an even bigger rift between Batman and Robin. Catwoman hears about the loss and goes to Bruce's side to help him cope.

On one side you have Superman's team, made up of Lex Luthor, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, Flash, Cyborg, Shazam, Raven and Robin. Flash and Shazam aren't 100% on board, but go with it anyway. Batman puts together a resistance with Catwoman, Batwoman, Huntress, Black Lightning (who just stops showing up), Green Arrow, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter and Captain Atom (who is basically on loan from the US government). Martian Manhunter fights Superman and Wonder Woman and his burned, melted remains rain down into the ocean. Later, it's revealed that he survived and laid low in disguise as Aquaman's advisor.

Annoyed at Batman for constantly opposing him, Superman posts "Batman is Bruce Wayne" on Twitter as a way to ruin him.

Since Superman needs more super-powered people on his side, he and Luthor create a special pill that gives people Kryptonian strength. All the while, Luthor gradually realizes that he's on the wrong side. Batman's team plans to sneak into the Fortress of Solitude and steal one of the super pills so they can reverse engineer it. Things go very wrong and Captain Atom is blown up in a fight with Superman and Wonder Woman. Still, the blast puts Wonder Woman in a coma.

A pissed Superman finds Green Arrow trying to steal a super pill, which happens to be the same room where he's been keeping the Kents for protection. Arrow fires an arrow, but it deflects off Superman and hits Jonathan Kent in the shoulder. Superman completely loses his poo poo and beats Green Arrow to death while the Kents beg him to stop. During the beating, Arrow is able to at least fire an arrow with a pill on it for Batman to find. Superman blames Batman for everything happening and flies off to the Batcave, leaving the Kents and the AI ghost of Jor-El to apologize to each other for being failures.

Superman breaks Batman over his knee a la Bane and then tries to torture him for information. With the data from the super pill fully extracted, Alfred ingests it and beats the holy gently caress out of Superman. It's the absolute best. Alfred picks up the crippled Batman and they escape together.

YEAR TWO

Kyle Rayner's been gone from Earth for at least a year. As he's on his way to check things out, Sinestro and the Sinestro Corps jump and kill him. Sinestro then goes to Earth and surrenders to Superman, saying that he's only there to warn him that the Guardians of Oa will oppose him. After all, Sinestro's origins are parallel to that of Injustice Superman's. Sinestro turns out to be right and the Green Lantern Corps go after Superman. Sinestro is released from imprisonment to turn the tide and a bunch of GLs are now prisoners of Superman's regime. The Guardians decide to let Earth be, though Ganthet (the one Guardian without a stick up his rear end) and Guy Gardner plan to rally towards another battle anyway. Meanwhile, John Stewart chooses to side with Superman while Sinestro is able to trick everyone into thinking that he's now a good guy, especially Hal Jordan.

Black Canary is pregnant with Green Arrow's baby and wants revenge on Superman. She ends up reluctantly befriending Harley, mainly based on Arrow's beliefs that she isn't past redemption.

With Batman laying low and slowly building himself back up from having his back broken, Superman decides to send a message by having Gotham taken over with martial law. Commissioner Gordon sees all of this and decides to tell his daughter Barbara that he's always known about her double life as Batgirl and Oracle. And also that he has cancer. The Gotham PD get a bunch of super pills and join the resistance.

While the Green Lanterns and a pilled-up Black Canary (who had given birth by this point) combat Superman and the Sinestro Corps, the more street-level parts of Batman's team take over the Hall of Justice and the Satellite. It's revealed that Luthor is secretly working for Batman's side. Gordon defeats Cyborg, but succumbs to the cancer and dies. Ganthet removes Hal Jordan's Green Lantern ring, but Sinestro replaces it with a Yellow Lantern ring. Sinestro also kills John Stewart and makes Hal think it was Guy. Hal tears Guy's arm off and watches his powerless body splatter to the ground below.

Canary is able to defeat Superman with a super pill and a kryptonite bullet, but a dead Sinestro Corps member's yellow ring finds its way to Superman and powers him up. Yellow Lantern Superman mortally wounds Black Canary and then goes off to kill a bunch of Green Lanterns, including throwing Ganthet and Mogo the Living Planet into the sun. Batman's forces fall back.

Dr. Fate comes across Black Canary's dying body and decides to take actions into his own hands. He brings Canary and her baby to another alternate universe where Canary died a couple years earlier. Refusing to bring her back to the Injustice world, he instead introduces her to that world's Green Arrow. Dr. Fate isn't sure whether this will work out, since they don't actually know each other, but the story ends with the suggestion that they'll be just fine.

I'll write the rest later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Holy poo poo Hal's an idiot.

• Locked thread