Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I feel like to really get the hatred of Mario party going you need to have four real players. It's too easy just to dick on the CPU as a team otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

64bitrobot posted:

Just started watching, so gotta have a bit to catch up with. You're totally right though, Mario Party 2 is the best mario party.

I bought it last weekend on Eshop.

gently caress the hard CPU and gently caress hidden blocks.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm now very confused as to whether you have a son, a dog or both.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Warmal posted:

The creators stated that they made that change because the found players were not engaged when it wasn't there turn. They would stop paying attention and probably do other things. So to keep everyone engaged they put everyone in a car so that you need to pay attention to know what to do. Unfortunately, this also meant that the computers had an incredibly easy time winning as it's a computer system. RNG just doesn't seem to matter when the computer can calculate the best move even on Easy mode.

The solution to that problem isn't to make everyone go at the same time but to make each player's indivual turn have more impact on the turns of other players. They accomplished this through things like dueling gloves in Mario party 2 but seem to have forgotten their solution.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
The reason I enjoy Mario party is the utter hatred it brings.

Like the swing you could hear in Calli's voice from thick contempt to sudden joy and all the way back again is why this game is fun.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Mario

The AI in this one is absolutely brutal and hidden blocks just make it worse.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
There's a real strategy to beating hard computers on MP2.

They suck at mini games off dueling gloves, so every single time you get to an item shop you buy a glove, duel them, all in and steal literally every coin they have. As long as you keep doing that you'll end up crippling them for the game.

Anyway Wario to win.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Just catching up with Western land.

I screamed when Calli didn't bet everything she had in a duel with an easy computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
So I managed to get Mario Party 2 working in Dolphin.

I wonder if we could get goon games of this working online.

• Locked thread