Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

While that's true, unless you're winning the items you'll need a surplus of coins to really get a good item set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Which does make them more easily accessible. But you're still taking coins away from being able to pay for a star or boo. The boo especially can be a game changer.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Maybe that's just my poor self trying to horde and not spend on things I don't need.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Well. Here it is. Everyone was waiting (?) for it. It's time for the Mini-Game Coaster. And as I said, there was no voting for this episode. Why that is should become apparent very quickly. Either way, I hope you enjoy watching us in this.

Mini-Game Coaster

Next time things get a little scary as we do another board that we actually really enjoy.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

It really really does. Like. It couldn't have given us a worse mini-game if it tried. We are zero wins on that across the board. At least on other ones we would have had a chance. But nope. Nipped us right in the bud.

Yapping Eevee posted:

Since we're sort of retreading older ground here, have a tune from last game. (Also so I don't run out of music to link. :v:) Yoshi's Tropical Island manages to make a good base for Take On Me.

These are good wholesome posts that give me some really nice listening music.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

It definitely doesn't feel like the mini-games are laid out in terms of difficulty like the Mini-game Island was which is quite the shame. I'd have liked to get farther.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I don't remember ever doing the Mini-Game Coaster though. So I'm thinking it wasn't me who had made it to that score before.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I do really like the single player mini game adventures. I kind of wish this game did what the first game did with putting the games in order of difficulty. I'm not really sure why they would put slot car dirby so soon when I think it was much later in the island one.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

It feels like forever since there was an update for some reason. But is everyone ready to go on a scary adventure? This might be my favourite board of the game thus far. I really like the day and night gimmick, and how there are different things available at different times. It works really well here and makes it a lot of fun. We are still having fun. Also, one more genuine shout out to Circlmastr for helping me with the video corruption. This time we didn't lose any footage. But I would have had to rerecord the episode if he didn't help me. And we really didn't want to do that.

Horror Land - Part 1

This also means that it is time for voting! It's been a little while since we've done that at least. With only 2 boards left there is still opportunity for a lot of tied first places or a sudden pull ahead. Make sure to get in who you think wins this one.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Here is baby mode.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

We couldn't believe it. It's like it doesn't matter what difficulty they are on. They will always cheat.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I can't believe how quickly this game is going by now. I guess once you're having fun with something time just flies huh? Also, this board is just so good. I would say for sure it is the best designed board in the game. I'm not sure why I didn't play it much when I was younger.

Horror Land Part 2

We only have one more board to go and then we're done with the game. We've started recording Mario Party 3 now and it's gonna come with some changes. We'll discuss them more when we get there.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

It was a lot of fun seeing people vote for Calli wholeheartedly. She worked really hard on that board and everyone deserves those stars.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

And now we start on the final board. It was a long time coming, but we will be taking down Bowser in his home turf. And it's an amusement park this time. It actually fits the theme of the game with the title Bowser Land. I'm actually kind of sad that the other ones weren't also theme parks with different themes. That would have been really cool.

Bowser Land Part 1

As this is the final board, please keep in mind you only have until Saturday evening UTC -7. So get those votes in as quickly as possible.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

White Coke posted:

As always The Audience will win.

Ah man you figured it out.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

You can always change your vote if you want since it was a non-vote. Today is the last day to get votes in, just as a reminder. Also, I added a new list to the OP everyone should check out.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Here we are at the end of the game. We had a lot of ups and downs this time around didn't we? Well, the OP has been updated with the winner of this round of voting, thank you everyone for watching this far. We will see you in Mario Party 3.

Bowser Land Part 2 & Credits

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I've been itching to do some more personal design work and since we're done 2 games here I would like to ask something. I'd like to do a t-shirt design from maybe a quote or something from this LP. Is there anything that's stood out to anyone as a good quote that they think would be interesting on a t-shirt or even want to buy? I'm not saying I want people here to buy t-shirts from us I just want to have some fun with design since I don't do that a whole lot.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

So now we begin the next game. Turns out, there is a lot more of Mario Party 3 than we initially though. Remember how I had all the boards unlocked on the cartridges for Mario Party and Mario Party 2? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
So we're going to start this week with story mode. In the video we talk about doing two multiplayer boards and one single player board per week. But if we do that the Multiplayer boards will run out really quickly, so we're sticking to just doing two videos a week. This does mean that there won't be voting every single week, but with bonus episodes there will still be more voting weeks than not. So. Let's enjoy this madness together.

Story Mode - Chilly Waters

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

It is. Especially since you don't get the stamp just for winning. We spent hours trying to beat that map and Wario just waltzes in and says he should get it.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I think it would have been better if he was one of the computers on the board. That way he can at least claim that it should have been him that won. Since the person who gets the stamps is supposed to be the one who gets the board.

MR. J posted:

At least you'll already have everything in 4 right? :v:

Dear god, lets hope I still have the memory card with the saves.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I totally get that they are supposed to be like bosses that you duel. I just don't think it fits when the idea is the person who gets the stamp is the one who wins the main board. I think it would fit better into the story thats being presented if the Duel Board character was also in the main board part.

But anyway. Neither Calli nor I knew about the Duel Boards or what they were really. So of course we go into this without reading the rules. ENJOY!

Story Mode - Gate Guy

So we are going to be doing all of story mode. But it's going to be broken up. So next week everyone will be getting to vote since we will be putting out the multiplayer episodes.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I will say that we have recorded half of the game before we've started posting this. Does this mean we got better? I think the other games can answer that question.

MR. J posted:

So I think this game was hot off the heels of Paper Mario, given the general aesthetic of the game and the basic RPG-ish nature of the duel boards. It's a cool mode, nonetheless.

There was a Mario Party that used the stars from Paper Mario and I thought that that was this one simply because of the paper marioesque aesthetic.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

The duel map is actually a lot of fun. I think it might be the best part of the story mode. One nice thing about them is if you fail, it didn't take 45 minutes to get there.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Please disregard us talking about the order of uploading, it took a while to figure out how we were going to schedule this. But since we are now on multiplayer, it's time to vote! Who's going to win? Calli, Michael, The Normal, or the Hard Computer?

Multiplayer - Chilly Waters Part 1

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I can see after Calli's previous win streak it's going to be hard for me to pull in the votes.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

We conclude our time in this frozen waste land. I didn't think we would make it to this point and I would say, "Mario Party 3 is the best Mario Party so far." And yet here I am, saying just that. Difficult Story Mode aside, it's a pretty solid one that's a lot of fun to play with someone else.

Multiplayer - Chilly Waters 2

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I'm so sorry Kilza. We recorded that before your vote came in for sure.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I'll never forget that.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

In general Tumble seems to serve little purpose. He's clearly the new Toad, but at the same time, they just split Toad's position into two. It could have just been the Millenium Star by itself.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

So we go straight from the ice into the ocean. It seems like as we go the boards get more difficult to traverse. This will continue to be true for a while.

Story Mode - Deep Bloober Sea

I do like the board however, except for the one spot where it's random on which way you end up going.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

The audio wasn't lost per say. It was more along the lines of corrupted and unbearable to listen to. We did get it solved, but this recording session will have added music this time.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I had thought that maybe the stamp corresponded to the type of board that was going to be played in the duels. But as we will come to see, that is not the case.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

So now it's time to prove just how kind we are by beating Yoshi to an inch of his life. Hope you brought your cookies for this one.

Story Mode - Arrowhead

So now that we've seen two sets of the story mode, I'm really interested in everyone's thoughts on the first campaign like mode for Mario Party.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I haven't ever 100% a Mario Party. My mom got way more into them than I did and did her best to beat them to completion. She is very sad with the direction the series has gone in now.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Also the fun of Smash Bros isn't as dependent on having multiple people. The single player stuff is generally a fun time. I really liked the Melee and the Wii's 'story mode.' Especially the Subspace Emissary on the Wii.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

The RNG also seems to crank itself to 11 during the last turn or so. Most of our failed attempts seem to fall apart at the very last second. But we're not doing story mode today!

Multiplayer - Deep Bloober Sea

So even though Calli plays a lot more because of the Story Mode. I am technically there watching as well. So I understand how the board works just as much as she does. So this time around, we can vote. Who will win?

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

The voting this time around couldn't be more opposite to last time. It's amazing and exactly what I was hoping for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Well, that provided a great segue for me. Thanks get that OUT of my face. So I was planning on waiting till tomorrow with the update to mention our thoughts and what we were planning on doing. Originally, I was going to keep this going until the end of Mario Party 3 at least out of respect for all of you. We truly love the support everyone in this thread has given, and we've made some amazing friends out of it. However, we aren't comfortable using this site anymore. And Lowtax literally posting Calli's email drove the nail into the coffin. I obviously can't do poo poo against him, even though it angers me so much. We are really hurt by all of this and hope you understand.

The LP will be continuing. But not here anymore. As of tonight, the thread will be closed. If you would like to continue watching it, you can do so through our youtube channel. The votes will of course still be counted, and votes can still be submitted in anyway you can get it to me.. No one has to subscribe, just continuing to watch would be great. If you would like to comment still, you can on youtube or on the other thread at the LP Zone right HERE.

Again, this wasn't the initial plan. Heck, we didn't want to close this at all. But here we are. The Party will continue on. We will be playing through all the Mario Party games.

• Locked thread