Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
First time guessing!
I'm betting Hard CPU/Wario's got it this round. There's too much bullshit the AI can know to get by ahead of time for this to work out well.

Caught up on this LP after watching the Mario Party Advance one and I'm surprised it took this long for fuses to finally light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
This pleases the Mario Party gods. At least 2 is slightly less bullshit.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Mario Party 3's boards are really lackluster, but the mini games are great. We'll see when it comes.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Can't wait for Western Land and it's overly dense spaces to result in a grand one lap around the map.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It's no fun if all the votes are the same so I'm calling a bullshit win from Luigi this time.

Mario Party 2 comes swinging out the gate with two fistfulls of bullshit!

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Don't kid yourselves. That's supposed to happen at #8!
is your wrist strap on tight?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Dokapon requires a third person at the least, because 1v1 isn't too interesting and the CPU is a blatant cheating bitch.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I dunno. I think your struggles are mostly chalked up to bad luck on the board and unfamiliarity with mini game mechanics. I'd say give it one more board before you're sure.

Also what would you do, have two normal computers or a normal and an easy computer player?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Wario... is gunna win!

Sorry, the minigames really are bullshit with AI around, and the Minigame Coaster is gleaming proof of that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and put me in the camp of those who don't like this map the most. The spaces are too dense and it's difficult to get anywhere if you can't catch the train.

MR. J fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 29, 2017

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

get that OUT of my face posted:

Abandon Ship is a terrible minigame. If you don't mash A at the start, you end up in the water immediately.

And even if you mash perfectly, it's a total crap shoot who wins because you can't out pace the screen scroll, but the AI can just squeeze past out at the very end because gently caress you.

This game is awful on the coaster.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
To be fair the stretch of that coaster (only available on hard ) is absolute hell.
First there's honeycomb havoc which you have little control over, then abandon ship which is luck based, THEN sneak and snore which you can only win if the AI suicides, THEN an endurance round of hot rope jump.

And you have to do ALL that poo poo in a row before you can save

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yoshi will win the day in the stadium.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Grumpy-sounding Teddy warms my heart.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So I managed to get Mario Party 2 working in Dolphin.

I wonder if we could get goon games of this working online.

I mean, I'm pretty sure there's a version of project 64 with online capabilities.

Anyway Yoshter, despite being robbed blind.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Warmal posted:

Next time we take on a mystery.

Literally the worst board. Wario's Battle Canyon 2.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Worst board in Mario Party 2 at least. Battle Canyon is a snorefest.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah the normal cpu is being really nice to you. Hope the rest of this game was enjoyable now.

Yoshi's gonna take the race, though.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

get that OUT of my face posted:

the Tipping 40s website is dead which wiped out all of their videos.

On the bright side, Kuvo rehosted most of the stuff on YouTube. Even the podcasts!

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah but you can hold three items in that anyway so it's not too debilitating to just hang on to a key.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Most items got cheaper in MP3 so it evens out.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It was the very last thing on MP1's island. I think you raced against three Toads.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Calli's gonna take it because she's rich as hell and boos are all over the board. Hidden blocks be damned.

Also, I completely forgot what that house in the top left does.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Edvarius posted:

Also, why wizards?

Because Bowser is the warlock and warlocks don't fight other warlocks.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
You're doing oddly well so far, all things considered.

However I'm going to go out on a limb and guess bullshit happens at the last minute and Normal CPU takes the cake.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I was close. DK had you guys scared for a bit, didn't he?

I hope you plan to intersperse the duel boards between the party boards in MP3. Going through all of one and then all of another can get monotonous.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Teddy in Baby Mode properly captioned. :3:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
At least you'll already have everything in 4 right? :v:

On the bright side by the time you get to the real competition you'll both have a lot of familiarity with the mini games.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
So I think this game was hot off the heels of Paper Mario, given the general aesthetic of the game and the basic RPG-ish nature of the duel boards. It's a cool mode, nonetheless.
You should totally look over the partner info in-game. It tells you all the little tricks each partner has.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Kilza posted:

I'm just going to go with whoever has the most coins at the end of 10 turns for the Mario Party 3 voting (and spoil tag it for anybody who hasn't watched yet).

Dangerous thinking given Game Guy's existence.

I must vote for Waluigi every time he's present.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Warmal posted:

"Mario Party 3 is the best Mario Party so far."
I'm vindicated.

At least my vote didn't get last place? :v:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
So did you lose the game audio or was the music a design choice? :v:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Maybe it's thematic in that you have to display kindness to the rear end in a top hat fish and squids on the board who try to make your life miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Secretly self-sabotaged via tumblr. Go Yoshi!

• Locked thread