Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Warmal posted:

I'm certain I'll be changing characters too. I just don't know when and where quite yet. I'll probably stick to playing as the character I played as most during my time with each game.

You don't have to be coy, it's Waluigi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

get that OUT of my face posted:

Yoshi looks dominant, so I'll pick him. And interruptions making both of you lose your trains of thought is what my parents do all the time. They're much older than you two, so it results in some derailed trains, so to speak.

The thing about the Switch is that it's good for people like Calli or me, who will buy Nintendo stuff because it appeals to us. But we're a niche audience. Other people would rather play AAA games on PS4 or Xbox One, while still others would rather play PC games and have a backed-up Steam library. I was listening to a podcast and someone said something that got me thinking: it's best if third-party stuff actually succeeds on the Switch. I'm sure a lot of people would love to play stuff like FIFA or Madden on the go, and if they're not scaled down too much, then they've got a whole new audience. If they're clunky failures, then it gets much harder for them to make inroads. Combining portable and home consoles into one is a pretty big risk. For what it's worth, I hear that Breath of the Wild is a great game, a shot in the arm that the series has needed for a while. I've heard comparisons to Skyrim (due to its expansive in-game world) and Fallout (due to in-game scarcity).

There's also some kind of negative exceptionalism that a fair chunk of people have towards Nintendo that gets me. One thing that was touched upon in an episode of a different LP: you're not hearing how VR is a stupid PlayStation gimmick, but if Nintendo pioneered it, you'd absolutely be hearing the g-word being thrown around. No system really comes out with a big library of games on first release, but somehow that's stated as a problem for Nintendo. And now people are whining that they're charging for online content in their games, which Sony has done since PS3 and Microsoft has been doing since they entered the console market. I guess it's that their problems aren't the problems facing other game makers, and that's bad. Or something.

Remember when Nintendo announced a pretty standard, if not subdued, DLC plan for BotW and the internet lost its poo poo? Every other AAA game has 10 separate exclusive pre-order bonuses, a season pass, multiple Day 1 DLC items, cosmetic DLC and microtransactions and that's all well and expected.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I think the way it works is that you have to randomly "find" minigames in the roulette when it chooses which to play and buying them only unlocks that game for the minigame freeplay mode.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I get asked where the bathroom is daily. It is no more than 15 feet to my right with a large sign hanging from the ceiling that says "Restrooms".

People are dumb.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Dude, blink twice if you're being held against your will.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Someone did a breakdown of Day at the Races and it's neat.

https://pastebin.com/UJNPkrbQ

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Finally, Waluigi's time to shine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...