Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

unpleasantly turgid posted:

he's vietnamese yo. this is BASIC. TRIVIA.

he's from Laos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"Australians still trying to figure out where Khan is from" tho

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Sid Vicious posted:

he's from Laos

So is he Chinese or Japanese?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I feel like I missed out on a lot because my parents forbade me from watching either King of the Hill or beavis and butthead (also playing mortal kombat and duke nukem and whatever other thing got a reputation in the news for being vulgar/violent). I've seen them all now and liked them a lot but I think I would have enjoyed especially beavis and butthead more if I saw it when I was in school and could relate to it more.

My extended family, aka everyone who would end up babysitting me was like this, but my parents didn't give a single poo poo. Except my grandpa who one step further did not care at all maybe even hated the "shelter children" attitude so needless to say he supplied me with R rated movies and poo poo, it ruled.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The Brown Menace posted:

So is he Chinese or Japanese?

He LAOTIAN!

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
What ocean?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Octavio is the best character in TV history

"It's Tuesday ese, I need you to help me fix my fender" *pulls out length of rebar*

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
http://imgur.com/MbdDHs5

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I JUST WANT A PICTURE OF A GOT DANG HOT DOG

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Can confirm. It is definitely a documentary, on par with anything done by Dian Fossey or E.O. Wilson.

Since living in Texas, Boomhauer is now very easy to understand, and I have met people who sound exactly like him. I, too, can speak like Boomhauer, and other Texans can understand me when I do. It's an older dialect, but it is comprehensible.

I'm a native and it's never occurred to me before reading this that people from elsewhere can't understand him

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I'm a native and it's never occurred to me before reading this that people from elsewhere can't understand him

For God's sake, TheIncredulousHulk, act like an adult. And keep it down, guys, will you? I am trying to get through an article on vintage Camaros, and I've been on the same dang page for twenty minutes.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

FuhrerHat posted:

For God's sake, TheIncredulousHulk, act like an adult. And keep it down, guys, will you? I am trying to get through an article on vintage Camaros, and I've been on the same dang page for twenty minutes.

DANG OLE FATTY BELTBUCKLE!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The first time I watched KotH I had no idea what Boomhauer was saying and I thought that was half the joke (as it seems like his friends don't even know what he just said sometimes, too). I get it all now but yeah drat.

Actually makes it funnier because Boomhauer will say something salient and the others will go "uh... yeah!"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

The first time I watched KotH I had no idea what Boomhauer was saying and I thought that was half the joke (as it seems like his friends don't even know what he just said sometimes, too). I get it all now but yeah drat.

Actually makes it funnier because Boomhauer will say something salient and the others will go "uh... yeah!"

You said it, Boomhauer.
(this is called hanging a lamp on it)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

FuhrerHat posted:

You said it, Boomhauer.
(this is called hanging a lamp on it)

That's what we tell ourselves, isn't it?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

FuhrerHat posted:

Dang ol pretty pretty pizza man I tell you what

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That's what we tell ourselves, isn't it?

like a dang ol' candle in the wind

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Had a great King of the Hill moment two days ago.

I get a call from a phone number I didn't recognize but it was local so I picked up.

:clint: "Hey Bobby" in a redneck accent

:) "Hey Hank"

:clint: "This is Earl"

:) "Hey Earl, this is Imam, think you got the wrong number."

:clint: "Seems so" then he hung up while laughing.

And that's my King of the Hill moment.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

The Brown Menace posted:

Still trying to figure out whether khan is Chinese or Japanese

Extremely good

I will have to give daria a try then

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

That Robot posted:

I will have to give daria a try then

I was a smug girl with glasses and books and whatnot in junior high when Daria was on and it was extremely my poo poo at the time, but I tried to watch it a while ago and it didn't age that well. Your mileage may vary though.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I was a smug girl with glasses and books and whatnot in junior high when Daria was on and it was extremely my poo poo at the time, but I tried to watch it a while ago and it didn't age that well. Your mileage may vary though.

Well maybe because the crazy dumb poo poo in the late 90s seems quaint compared to the crazy dumb poo poo now

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I already had a sarcastic, depressed older sister so Daria was kind of a no go for me.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

A lot of the show goes into depth on Daria's varying hypocrisies and general bad attitude. The show shines with its ancillary characters, similarly to how Hank and Peggy are kind of terrible people, but the entire supporting cast is so swell. Mr. Dimartino, Trent, Jane, Mr. Morgendorffer and of course, Sandi are really shining gems in this show.

NurhacisUrn fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 27, 2017

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
Diarrhea, cha-cha-cha!

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

NurhacisUrn posted:

A lot of the show goes into depth on Daria's varying hypocrisies and general bad attitude. The show shines with its ancillary characters, similarly to how Hank and Peggy are kind of terrible people, but the entire supporting cast is so swell. Mr. Dimartino, Trent, Jane, Mr. Morgendorffer and of course, Sandi are really shining gems in this show.

Her parents and Trent hold up I think, but her airhead sister and friends just aren't funny when you get out of high school and you stop being angry at the popular girls. Unfortunately airheaded teens was a big part of the show, which obviously has an appeal to smug teens who know who Decartes and Stalin are, but once you've aged out of that it's just sorta immature.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Is small, landlocked country in South East Asia.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

every goon thinks theyre dale

but they're actually bill

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

hth posted:

gently caress you im john redcorn

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Her parents and Trent hold up I think, but her airhead sister and friends just aren't funny when you get out of high school and you stop being angry at the popular girls. Unfortunately airheaded teens was a big part of the show, which obviously has an appeal to smug teens who know who Decartes and Stalin are, but once you've aged out of that it's just sorta immature.

Yeah this is all very valid and I totally see that. Good post. I think I'm partial to Sandi because my wife does an identical impression of her and it is fantastic.

hth posted:

You don't know who I am, but I know where you liiiveeeee...

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I'm Kenneth

I like bringing people lattes

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

hth posted:

Actually I'm Joe-Jack, honey.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Actually I'm Joe-Jack, honey.

I want the propane tank you freaked!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i was drinking at a local bar and it turned out they were doing trivia night.

it was jeopardy style (with teams, wtf) and one of the categories was KOTH.

i single handedly nailed all of them and people were booing me but it put me far enough ahead to end up winning the entire round.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

hth posted:

I'm Chuck Mangione

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I'm Chick Mangione

I bet that really steams your beans, huh Hink?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i was drinking at a local bar and it turned out they were doing trivia night.

it was jeopardy style (with teams, wtf) and one of the categories was KOTH.

i single handedly nailed all of them and people were booing me but it put me far enough ahead to end up winning the entire round.

Did you do a victory lap? That's poor sportsmanship I hear.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Why do you keep calling me BIIILLLLLL?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I'm Chuck Mangione

still cant believe thats a real guy

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

...and the pitch! posted:

Did you do a victory lap? That's poor sportsmanship I hear.

no, but i raised my arms over my head and yelled "smoke weed"

i got a $10 gift card for the bar, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

NurhacisUrn posted:

You think Hank is a terrible person? He's the only person on that show who has their poo poo together.