Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

steinrokkan posted:

still cant believe thats a real guy

one of the best jokes in the show is when megalomart explodes and peggy tells the firemen "my husband is inside there but he's only working there temporarily because he cant get a job anywhere else"

and the firemen reply "we'll find your husband, mrs mangione"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i was drinking at a local bar and it turned out they were doing trivia night.

it was jeopardy style (with teams, wtf) and one of the categories was KOTH.

i single handedly nailed all of them and people were booing me but it put me far enough ahead to end up winning the entire round.

Must be a poo poo bar if they weren't applauding you.

That Robot posted:

oh drat son you got your mod star back

congrats; you did the job well last time and I'm sure you'll continue doing so :tipshat:

also cotton is the best character

Thanks but I'm mod of Let's Play now, not GBS. I actually quit right before the all the Shmorky drama due to the workload and rejoined as a mod to help rebuild the ranks after the great mod exodus. Still glad to be posting in GBS at least!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

no, but i raised my arms over my head and yelled "smoke weed"

i got a $10 gift card for the bar, at least

That sounds a little like a yes. I'm not judging except that I think it's great.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rayjenkins posted:

You think Hank is a terrible person? He's the only person on that show who has their poo poo together.

hanks a dumb son of a bitch with daddy issues, but he's trying his best to be a good person :3:

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Rayjenkins posted:

You think Hank is a terrible person? He's the only person on that show who has their poo poo together.

Eh, more Peggy than Hank really. Though Hank does have his moments. A good example is his actions in any episode involving Nancy's affair, Bobby's perceived shortcomings, and that time he punched that one kid in the face. IMO Boomhauer has his poo poo more together than Hank.

Mega64 posted:

Still glad to be posting in GBS at least!

Always glad to see you Mega64, top notch.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

I enjoyed watching the show when I was a kid, but I really began to appreciate KotH when I hit my 20s. The fire station episode is still one of my top 3 favorites. Poor Bill, even in his own story he's a fat piece of poo poo.

And also thanks to youtube anytime i ever hear "Dallas" my brain autocompletes with SALAD

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

one of the best jokes in the show is when megalomart explodes and peggy tells the firemen "my husband is inside there but he's only working there temporarily because he cant get a job anywhere else"

The whole episode when Dale gets the Mega Lo Mart job and is trying to convince Hank that Chuck is the infestation is killer.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

hanks a dumb son of a bitch with daddy issues, but he's trying his best to be a good person :3:

Hank looks like the sane one next to Peggy, Dale and Bill but you start to realize nah after a while. He's a nut.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

The whole episode when Dale gets the Mega Lo Mart job and is trying to convince Hank that Chuck is the infestation is killer.

"You're releasing rats into the store?!"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

NurhacisUrn posted:

Eh, more Peggy than Hank really. Though Hank does have his moments. A good example is his actions in any episode involving Nancy's affair, Bobby's shortcomings, and that time he punched that one kid in the face. IMO Boomhauer has his poo poo more together than Hank.

Peggy is also fundamentally a sympathetic person who is unfortunately sometimes taking out her frustrations (stemming from childhood) on thers, without realizing. The episodes where she does evil poo poo like purposefully screwing over Lucky re. his education are pretty much inconsistent with her character, imho. I think the best arc she had was when she was stuck in the cast after her parachute accident, and undergoing rehabilitation under Cotton.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

I think the best arc she had was when she was stuck in the cast after her parachute accident, and undergoing rehabilitation under Cotton.

Yeah that is true. Called it Jungle Rice. Tasted fine.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Peggy is also fundamentally a sympathetic person who is unfortunately sometimes taking out her frustrations (stemming from childhood) on thers, without realizing. The episodes where she does evil poo poo like purposefully screwing over Lucky re. his education are pretty much inconsistent with her character, imho. I think the best arc she had was when she was stuck in the cast after her parachute accident, and undergoing rehabilitation under Cotton.

The Propane Maniacs

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
I mean Hank totally has daddy issues but he handles it 99% better than the average goon lol.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Just rewatched Nine Pretty Darn Angry Men. Did not realize the disgraced reverend was Billy Bob Thornton.

I DIDN'T DROWN THAT BOY

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity better? You're just making rock and roll worse.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

...and the pitch! posted:

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity better? You're just making rock and roll worse.

See this is why I like Hank. Dude keeps it real.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Hank and Peggy having sex; what would it look like? I imagine it being very robotic.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

...and the pitch! posted:

Such a great line.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gaunab posted:

Hank and Peggy having sex; what would it look like? I imagine it being very robotic.

We know Hank likes the fundamentals.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Just rewatched Nine Pretty Darn Angry Men. Did not realize the disgraced reverend was Billy Bob Thornton.

I DIDN'T DROWN THAT BOY

To the stuffing - may taste like garbage, but it sure fills you up!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Also RIP Brittany Murphy, sure makes that black mold episode look dumb in retrospect

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

Gaunab posted:

I shudder to think how it looks. I think canonically it smells like Miracle Whip.

steinrokkan posted:

Also RIP Brittany Murphy, sure makes that black mold episode look dumb in retrospect

Yeah, not even just King of the Hill, but everything she was in she was a standout artist. The LMN movie about her didn't even mention Mizz Platter.

I'll never forget that guy who came to their door in the mold episode asking if they were interested in a Lynchburg Lemonade.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

http://imgur.com/a/VuP5g

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

hth posted:

every goon thinks theyre dale

but they're actually bill

check my post itt

i know im bill :(

edit: :(

A misanthrope posted:

also i am bill irl :(

except when i am george costanza :(

a misanthrope fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 27, 2017

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

http://imgur.com/a/PiJLk

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

You could not get a better Bobby than Pamela Adlon. :allears:

Edit: "Jozeph."

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

"Ever since the explosion every song I play sounds like 'Feels So Good'."

"Maybe that's because it :airquote: does feel so good :airquote: to be alive."

"No, that's not it."

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

frytechnician posted:

"Maybe that's because it :airquote: does feel so good :airquote: to be alive."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDSBV0vTfTo

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The day KoTH stopped streaming on Netflix was devistating

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Nooner posted:

The day KoTH stopped streaming on Netflix was devistating

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

bucksmash posted:

I enjoyed watching the show when I was a kid, but I really began to appreciate KotH when I hit my 20s. The fire station episode is still one of my top 3 favorites. Poor Bill, even in his own story he's a fat piece of poo poo.

And also thanks to youtube anytime i ever hear "Dallas" my brain autocompletes with SALAD

Followed by hank looking shifty

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCTMNPiaO2I

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

which ep is this so i can watch it

(again)

(i dont know the titles, i just like this show)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

doesn't anyone else think peggy makes the show almost unwatchable? it's weird because i love every other part of the show but she is maybe the worst thing i've ever seen on television and i kept wishing she would get killed off

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

and by "worst thing i've ever seen on television" i am including 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I have zero issues with Peggy. She's a perfect match for Hank, and it all plays extremely well for the show.

Also, much like many other characters, she has her hilarious moments.

This is why this show is great; everyone has their moment and comedic niche. If we're comparing cartoon wives, Peggy is far and away a better character than Lois Griffin. Comparing KotH to Family Guy is not even remotely fair to Family Guy, but I don't care.