Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It was easy, just like f------ing a carburetor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

CoffeeBooze posted:

She's not De'Londa Brice bad, but she is pretty stiff competition for the number two spot.

Peggy spends her family's money on poo poo that is way more stupid than trips to Atlantic City.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Cotton Hill is a war hero

Probably just fixed trucks in a supply depot in Idaho.

Missing shins come from a truck accident.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

This is a fat kids thread. :(

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Wicker Man posted:

The best loving part of that is you can clearly hear Bill giggling over the phone, and Dale still doesn't suspect.

Bill is at the college "playing pinball with the boys". Who are the boys???

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Hank and Enrique have the same first name.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

my best guess is they needed a reason for Bill to be at the community college so he could report the news to Hank but they couldn't think of a good reason for him to be there

or you could make up some creepy reason like he was adding hair to his collection

It was an early season episode, the characters were still somewhat fluid. Early seasons Bill might play pinball with some unseen friends, later seasons Bill would definitely be collecting the hair of strangers.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

For real though. There's a somewhat noticeable dip in quality around season 8-9, then another dip around 11, but 13 is garbage.

The plots, characters, everything is bad. Hell even the animation is bad, they start doing a bunch of things those production "do and do not" slides said not to do.

Sadness covers me like a blanket. Go away, let me die.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

...and the pitch! posted:

I think the defense attorney has the idea.

It's Hank's idea.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Archaic posted:

I hope to be Hank Hill in the sense that I can feed a family comfortably and keep a roof over their head on the salary of a friggin propane salesman. The 90s were truly a different age.

He was the assistant manager!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Code Jockey posted:

lmao Buck owns so much

Mister Strickland got up under more balls than a midget hooker!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Atmus posted:

That's only because that's where the computer was kept, because obviously the computer is a tool like the vacuum cleaner. It was that or the garage.

Peggy's only personal space is a tiny windowless closet, Hank gets the whole garage.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

A lot of plots revolve around Bobby being impressionable and easily influenced by someone or something and Hank being against them or it, but Hank likes those characteristics of Bobby when he is the influencer!

What I'm saying is that in the long run reinforcing that behavior is going to lead to Bobby being a pretty hosed up adult. That boy ain't right, that man will be worse.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Hank is definitely one of those hard working people who has savings, no debt, old cars, a very low interest home loan, and a responsible budget, who is just one debilitating catastrophic health crisis away from complete and utter penury.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Like oh poo poo I've been building up this savings account since I was 23 years old and now it literally covers only 30% of this one hospital bill I got for trying to stay alive.

Also more of these bills are on the way.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

You say they can't do that, but they did. That is what happens.

It's a little error in a show that was usually down with continuity and context, but what did you expect?

A happy and together Bill would have been a tough character to love and accept. He's only a good person when he's an object of pity. Any time he gets a hint of power or something he automatically becomes terrible.

Think about his line where he's talking about how he's been on a bunch of juries and every time he was they all did "their duty" which he considers to be a conviction. That's terrifying.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Hank focuses on neatness and tidyness in his personal and professional life and in the spaces around him because his childhood was full of destructive Cotton insanity. Compare and contrast his mother polishing her miniatures collection while Cotton smashed things with Hank polishing his truck out in the garage while Peggy does some crazy poo poo or Bobby does whatever.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

13 seasons is a crazy amount of time for any show to have, especially one that was not treated well by its network.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

even when Dale acts like an rear end in a top hat sometimes he does it with good intentions

he just wants what's best for his son

At least admit that he's emotionally and physically distant.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

Bill has a successful and loving and healthy and good relationship. The show literally forget about it by the next episode without so much as a one-line reset. It just ignores it.

There was a one line reference to it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah that's it, just the one line ever.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

They resolved his character arc after like 10 seasons then promptly forgot.

Its not an insignificant detail.

My God, that's the most beautiful description of a haunted meadow I've ever heard.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I have this conveniently bookmarked.

http://video.adultswim.com/king-of-the-hill/lonely-man-dinner.html

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Death to Denton always reminds me of a sad song.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I want my binky back.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Wow I just noticed that, in "Blood and Sauce", when Bill is making a huge bunch of his barbecue, he gets a delivery from Larsen Pork Products. Holy poo poo.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Bobby without a doubt owns a restaurant. Think about his meat knowledge and his cooking ability and secret recipes he knows and his indoctrinated reverence for barbecue. If you want, he can have a food truck in Austin and occasionally perform at an open mic night.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Nu-Joseph is funnier than his previous incarnation.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Draw the floorplan you fucks

Every time I try, I start to shake, then sweat, then I black out and awake hours later on the living room floor covered in old bamboo leaves.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Don't forget how his high school record was totally nothing. Hank is all talk about almost everything.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

naem posted:

Hank hill is a celebration of an honest humble man who's achieved the middle class American dream

He's a really good example of a big American man who has made peace with the actual course of present day America. He can't farm wheat or mine coal but he's somehow turned his bullshit service job into something that gives him dignity, simply because it interacts with two manly things: resource extraction/processing and grilling.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Cosmik Slop posted:

Plus it gave us what is pretty much the Citizen Kane of YouTube poops. Not too shabby.

Just remembering "Boggle??" makes me chuckle.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

They tapered off the mechanic bit over the seasons I'm pretty sure and I'm kinda bummed they did.

Yeah she got dumber and less nuanced as the seasons went by.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I mean I hate the episode I don't hate the character

it's f*cked up how the whole neighborhood turns against Hank

It happens a little in the Halloween episode for a second.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

revolther posted:

For all his threats of rear end kicking I feel like Hank is bested by Topsy and Fatso a couple times. Ditched at the Alamo was one.

Hank actually uses physical violence very rarely.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/27/swimming-banned-french-beach-sexually-frustrated-dolphin-named/

BILL: It happened to me! The same thing happened to me six years ago! And then four years ago!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Twitch posted:

Dallas sallaD!

Boggle.

This is what you do??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I just watched Joust Like a Woman, the video was high quality, and it was legal! It felt so good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

1. Peggy sucker punches King Phillip
2. The Faire gets shut down and everybody loses their jobs