Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hank Hill is a conservative, but he's not a reactionary. As a man who respects LBJ, he would probably have voted for Biden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I liked how Luanne was a competent mechanic but would never be allowed to actualize this professionally because of the stifling gender roles assumed of her by her immediate family

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah Redcorn being a dirtbag has always been a clear fact about him

He's a good character, just not a very good person

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

PinheadSlim posted:

I just rewatched the episode with Lucky and Luannes wedding and I noticed that there are some weird guests in attendance.

First I noticed Ted, Cindy, and Chane Wassanasong and that's what made me look closer. Then I saw Boomhauers brother Patch, Tammy the prostitute, Junichiro apparently flew out for it, Peggys Scandinavian hairdresser from that one episode, the water heater repairman that Ladybird bit, and Dooly and Mark Peters are there too.

And then I noticed part of the wedding decor included Hanks grill hooked up to a gold propane tank lol.

They probably just used a bunch of old character. designs to fill up the crowd

Come to think of it, the wedding would be rather depressingly small if they didnt. Luanne doesn't really have a lot of people in the world. Her church contacts maybe? That's about it outside the core cast

At the same time, why wouldn't KotH writers pick up on that as something they could portray with the subtle honesty they portray most of their characters

Baffling

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Crab Dad posted:

Oh he knew.

Just trying to take all the fun out of it.

He thought he was cucked by aliens iirc

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Nicodemus Dumps posted:

What are you talking about, that's a prime money making opportunity for Buck

Hank can continue to sell tanks in his absence

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Maybe he'll be a gig economy worker. Ubering and delivering food and so on. Bearing it in good humor because he's a generally well adjusted guy, but showcasing how hosed up it all is.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Is fish taco meat or not meat

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dubbing is one thing but why would they give the clearly foreign man a French name

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I feel like Khan would make a better Mars given that the Mars/Moon relationship is a pretty prickly one

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The Moon Monster posted:

You could lie down with your legs across a train track.

That actually works out about right for a typical 150 lb person

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It'll be sad to recast luanne though

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kalli posted:

Every part of Dale is already scrubbed of the ps. It's the Jews parts of conspiracy culture so you'd just have Dale be really into something equivalent to all the funny parts of Qanon.

The primary joke of Dale is predicated on the idea that conspiracy mongers are generally harmless, and I don't know if that's a premise for a joke that works so well these days, especially if they go Q anon with him. I suppose they'll have to continue to have it so that his deal is still far too niche to be a threat.

The secondary joke of Dale is that for all his conspiracy theories he can't see what's right in front of his face, in terms of his family. That still has legs.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

BiggerBoat posted:

Back when Dale was first written, the internet was just getting started as a mainstream thing and "conspiracy dudes" were largely of the black helicopter/JFK/UFO variety and mostly laughed at as harmless idiots, not elected to congress and hosting highly rated news channels.

Right, that's what I was gesturing towards in the clause after the one you bolded. It worked, once, because of the situation being like you described. It just doesn't work anymore because times changed.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kevin DuBrow posted:

The Nancy/Dale thing is interesting because he's being cheated on the entire show and he never finds out. Nancy isn't treated as a villain and she never "gets her comeuppance". It's a very unique situation for a show, animated or otherwise.

Imo it really helps ground the series in reality

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Fur20 posted:

bill gorging himself because the government says it's safe on account of being trans fat-free is less indicative of texas and more a reflection of all americans

Texas is just America, but more

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Arson Daily posted:

Boomhauer might win in terms of raw numbers but we have to remember that he strikes out way, way, way more than he scores. Bill has women, even the governor of Texas for gods sake, irresistibly drawn to him. For a schlubby guy with terrible self esteem the man lays pipe.

Some women are attracted to a project

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

For a person in your life she'd be not very fun to know, but for a TV character she's a very entertaining and well-actualized encapsulation of a certain kind of delusional self confidence

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Another Bill posted:

Peggy Hill, more like Peggy MILF

"Another Bill", huh

Seems about right

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Asterite34 posted:

I still can't fathom how Cotton Hill, a deranged foul-mouthed sourfaced shinless whoremonger, managed to seduce at least three women without money changing hands.

He is a manipulator with an eye for vulnerable targets. I'm assuming Hank's mom just wised up after enough years of being with him

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Bobby really IS Link.

Incorrect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDPRwLlpdTU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

namlosh posted:

Agreed… and she likes to clean the pretty pretty truck truck

Not work on it or fix it or anything cool like that… just clean it

Bummer

A shame because she is canonically a competent mechanic

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Milo and POTUS posted:

dale and peggy is such a weird pairing but I kinda loved it when it happened

They both have delusions of grandeur and it's interesting to see where that causes friction

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'm glad someone dubbed this anime

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

muscles like this! posted:

FIGHT THE OCCUPATION

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I completely missed this genre of YTP, can someone post one of the better ones for me to see

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Fight the occupation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Milo and POTUS posted:

its the single funniest still from the show i think

I wonder if that cell has ever gone up for sale