Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

SettingSun posted:

Dale is completely calm during the Y2K crisis until his gerbils break out and flood his panic stash with Dew. Hank was looking to him as a beacon of hope during that time hahahaha

You will be begging for Gerb-Ster!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Damnit, I was going to pop in to make a joke about Toby Keith stealing the Angels' songs now, but that was Randy Travis.

Toby Keith, as far as I can tell, was never and now never can be on King of the Hill.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I learned about gout from "Lunchlady Land," like a young boy in the 90s should.

I was 11, my older brother bought "They're All Going to Laugh at You" album, and after I had heard the song I asked my mom was gout was.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

Bill has had more sexual partners in his life than Hank

Let that sink in for a second

Hank's only even kissed two women, romantically. And one of them only half counts since she kissed him out of the blue (The girl who gave him mono.)

I think even Bobby has kissed more girls than Hank.

Which is a joke in some teen-season of The Simpsons. Homer and Marge both tell a story of the first person they kissed, admitting that it wasn't each other. But it turns out Homer worked at a summer camp Marge went to, and they kissed each other without knowing who they were.

And then in a later episode Bart makes fun of Homer by explaining he's kissed, like, four girls to Homer's one.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Lowen SoDium posted:

Homer kissed Mindy.

Didn't she kiss him? Same with Lurlene Lumpkin. I'm not counting it if Homer didn't initiate it.

But I guess TECHNICALLY he's had his lips on a couple other ladies' lips.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

Most long running animated shows have turned out to have more good seasons than the Simpsons.

American Dad is about to hit its twentieth season soon, and every season except 1 and 2 are ROCK solid, 2 is still good overall, and 1 even has a few episodes worth watching.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Not since Babylon 5 has a cast been this cursed.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Listening to a podcast about Escape From Party Island: did we ever get an answer about why that episode was off Netflix for years and years??

How's it going, Fellow Talking Simpsons (ok, TalKing of the Hill) fan?

The back half of season 3 is almost all bangers. Exceptions for "Hank's Cowboy Movie" and "Wings of the Dope."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Is everyone a DJ?

They walk slow, because they have nowhere to be.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

bobjr posted:

Sven Grammarsdorf?

Alabaster!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

CommonShore posted:

propane maniacs!

Someone needs to find the Frinkiac/Morbotron guy and pay him some money to go make the same thing but for King of the Hill, and call it Propane Maniacs.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Is that why so many white girls got dolphin tattoos on their ankles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Buckley owned

Ban this filth.

Quoting myself here:

Detective No. 27 posted:

They would regularly have a celebrity voice a new character (Reverend Stroop, Roger Stack, ...Thatheron), but they'd swap in one of their regular VAs after the character's introduction. They somehow got Tom Petty to stay. I can't blame them for trying to squeeze in as many Lucky episodes as they could.

And wasn't it even a decent amount of time between his first and second appearance? His first one is when Khan is trying to be "white trash" because I guess it would be better for Connie's chances at getting in to a good school/get a scholarship, right? Then he meets Lucky and the gang and they go "stickin'", which is some sort of 2x4-based street fighting tournement.