Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

That Robot posted:

I will have to give daria a try then

I was a smug girl with glasses and books and whatnot in junior high when Daria was on and it was extremely my poo poo at the time, but I tried to watch it a while ago and it didn't age that well. Your mileage may vary though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

NurhacisUrn posted:

A lot of the show goes into depth on Daria's varying hypocrisies and general bad attitude. The show shines with its ancillary characters, similarly to how Hank and Peggy are kind of terrible people, but the entire supporting cast is so swell. Mr. Dimartino, Trent, Jane, Mr. Morgendorffer and of course, Sandi are really shining gems in this show.

Her parents and Trent hold up I think, but her airhead sister and friends just aren't funny when you get out of high school and you stop being angry at the popular girls. Unfortunately airheaded teens was a big part of the show, which obviously has an appeal to smug teens who know who Decartes and Stalin are, but once you've aged out of that it's just sorta immature.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Why do you keep calling me BIIILLLLLL?

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

I need some me time! To do the laundry.

I had a baby three weeks ago and this quote has been rattling around in my head ever since because it is the truest poo poo ever said.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

The reincarnation of a Lama possibly being Bobby episode was pretty funny just for Peggy letting it go to her head.

Your child's an honor student? Well my son is god to millions of Asians!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Parents without the internet should have their children taken away.