Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Detective No. 27 posted:

What's brilliant is that if it weren't for people aging, King of the Hill could totally have been a live action show.

I think KOTH is almost unique in this aspect. Are there many other animated show that have absolutely no 'cartoonish' exaggerations of any kind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
The fact that Peggy inspires so much hatred is a testament to how great of a character she is

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
This show also does a great thing where sometimes, a scene will begin and the very last part of a previous conversation is finishing, so there are these incredible one-line non sequiturs (usually by Dale or Peggy) that would never fit anywhere else.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

YEAH? Well MY son is God to billions of Asians!!

This episode is so good and this line is incredible

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

...and the pitch! posted:

Hank is a loving weirdo. Even if his dad did love him he would still need Peg a Leg.

I recently saw the episode where Hank calls AAA and it's the most perfect encapsulation of his character