Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"Australians still trying to figure out where Khan is from" tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The first time I watched KotH I had no idea what Boomhauer was saying and I thought that was half the joke (as it seems like his friends don't even know what he just said sometimes, too). I get it all now but yeah drat.

Actually makes it funnier because Boomhauer will say something salient and the others will go "uh... yeah!"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Raider posted:

I can't enjoy a party until I know where the bathroom is.

Some good rear end life advice in general.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Code Jockey posted:

I really used to love when Adult Swim would run little fake commercial bumpers around KoTH episodes for the businesses in the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGjYmi3tVCM

We're Arlen's other Newspaper

This is something I really miss when I'm just watching the episodes on a stream or Netflix or whatever nowadays.

Take me to the waffle hut.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I also hate the ZZ Top episode and Ms. Wakefield. Hank was completely reasonable in not wanting someone to die in his house, but everyone treated him like an rear end in a top hat

Agreed on both of these.

Probably drags down his home value, too.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't believe Cotton's stories.

:colbert:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Right, like Peggy

:v:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
pocket sand, sha SHAAA

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hyrax Attack! posted:

There is a visual gag in "Take Me Out of the Ball Game" that I didn't notice until a rewatch. After the softball game where Hank's micro-managing causes Peggy to lose control of her pitching, there is an exterior shot of the house and Hank's truck windshield is shattered.

That episode also had softball practice where Dale runs from Mr. Strickland to reach second base, at which point Buck keels over from chest pains. All of the players rush to his aid except for Dale, who evaluates the situation and takes off for third base.

I dunno why people are confused about the Hills being able to afford a modest house with a mortgage on an eighth of an acre in a Dallas suburb. Hank works full time and Peggy subs, and they have one child and two vehicles. I imagine that would be workable even in 2017.

I always figured it was set ~90s anyway, things were cheaper then. Doesn't he meet W Bush at a campaign rally at some point?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Kahn is a good man who wants the best for his family and he struggles to square that with the fact that he must be a brutal capitalist in order to succeed. Then he has to square that with the fact that the system keeps him relatively poor no matter how hard he works or what he does so in effect he sacrifices his values and principles for nothing.

This manifests itself as making fun of others in order to feel better about his own status, which really is exactly the drat same as theirs.

It's a tortured existence and yet one we can all relate to.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TrustmeImLegit posted:

jesus loving christ are you even capable of making a coherent interesting post?

uh no that's my gimmick lol are you new around here?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's about that and imo it's also about realizing the freedom you have even in moments of extreme limitation.

Also it's kind of just a Zen like "well you're dead either way might as well enjoy the strawberry while you can."

e: It's a good story bc there's all kinds of different things you can get from it depending on your view.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 14, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
KOTH is def one of the top 5ish adult cartoon shows imo

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 27, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

13Pandora13 posted:

How is this show still not on any streaming services what the gently caress.

yeah that's it I'm pirating it today

I was willing to give money but gently caress it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FinalGamer posted:

I completely forgot about the Renaissance Faire episode until seeing it today, and then I find out the rear end in a top hat "king" is just Alan Rickman playing an American forcing a British accent, then he's exposed and it's Alan Rickman doing a bad American accent as an American.

That was some perfect casting holy poo poo, he made that episode. Also renaissance faires are just the weirdest loving thing to me as a non-American.

How now, gas man

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
He killed her in cold blood then smoked the Devil's lettuce to take the edge off

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nice

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ posted:

consider the properties of a banana

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I really miss the Adult Swim bumps and fake ads

Take me to the waffle hut

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

haljordan posted:

Gilbert is still the best non-lead character.

"How long have you been sitting there?"

"35 years..."

he's great - that 35 years line always get me

quote:

So, Gilbert, how do the Saints look this year?

Oh, I am more familiar with sinners than saints, my dear. And sinners always look good.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm partial to Emily the Hall Monitor, but it's amazing how every single thing Hank says to Gilbert gets turned into a super-gay observation that makes Hank uncomfortable:

"So, Gilbert, how do the Saints look this year?"
"I'm more into Sinners than Saints, and Sinners always look good"

quote:

Gilbert Dauterive : Golden Richards was a Dallas Cowboy.

Hank Hill : Yeah, yeah! He caught a touchdown pass in Super Bowl XII.

Gilbert Dauterive : He was a beautiful man. I knew him... briefly.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 2, 2019

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Master Twig posted:

He appears in two episodes. In one, he is amazing. Everything he does is perfection.

In the next, he is beyond terrible. He has no funny lines and actively destroys Bill's chance to spread happiness and gain prosperity.

Sir, you are no kin to me, so I will have your silence.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 3, 2019

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Gilbert was right, anyway. Bill could pass the recipe on to Bobby without turning it into some capitalist whore show for Ted Wassanasong and that degenerate Buck Strickland. Then what, they're gonna cheap out on ingredients and totally abandon all the stuff like lighting the fire with a page of good news and make it another lovely sugar pumped sauce and that'll be what carries on the family name?

It's not Gilbert's fault Bill is a sad sack and can't find happiness except by random flights of fancy he loses interest in days later without caring about what he leaves behind him. Whatever happened to Laoma??? He doesn't care. He's dating a governor who is cool but his toxic rear end poo poo ex wife looks at him and he cheats.

gently caress Bill he's an entitled selfish piece of poo poo actually. The amount of stuff that Hank has to do to care for him constantly is out of control.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

pixaal posted:

Bill has really bad depression and occasionally pulls himself out of it. Once the honey moon is over and he goes back to being a depressed mess he loses all interest and blames the new hobby on all his problems. He needs a therapist.

Yeah but there's depressed and there's giving everyone lice (as haljordan reminded me of) but then not even understanding why everyone got pissed off and whining about how everyone hates him.

Yeah, rear end in a top hat, now everyone has to deal with lice because you thought it'd be cool and good to give yourself lice and not tell anyone about it so you could chat some woman up. Did he ever apologize for that? Nope. He acted like a little baby so hard that Hank had to get arrested and then get some sketchy tattoo to get him to stop QQing and come home instead of going to prison for like 20+ years.

There's depressed and there's long time untreated borderline personality disorder. I guess yeah he does need a therapist but everyone else is a saint for putting up with him for so long.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 3, 2019

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well there was the episode where he checked himself into a mental hospital, was responding well to it, and then was forced to leave by hank

lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

I keep seeing this in my recommendations and I keep refusing to click it because I know exactly what it's going to be.

same

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gutcruncher posted:

She also pronounced Iwo Jima as Iwo Hima.

I love this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
tu estas muerto