Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

my reaction to Lucky was like Hank's

I hated him at first but he grew on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

PinheadSlim posted:

At least it has this wonderful shot

that's not the same episode

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

After Buck fired the first Donna he told Hank to find another Debbie and he took it too literally

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I hate the ZZ Top episode and Ms. Wakefield and the one where Hank is scared of bats

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I don’t get it?

Nancy was having an affair with John Redcorn

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Hey Bobby.

Your mom's gonna teach sex ed.

We're gonna get to see her boobs

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Folks, I'm so white, during the riots I went out and bought a TV

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

No one thought they were satanic they just thought they were dorks

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Pigmalion is great and it aired in season 7 but was made like 2 years earlier but FOX didn't want to air it

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

FBS posted:

Bobby, every woman has a period

Even mom?

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I guess it's "Dream Weaver" s12e9

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_the_Hill_(season_12)

Nancy wants Dale to get a new job since he is not making any money, so he and Hank go on a "vocation vacation" to learn basket weaving. Meanwhile, Peggy, Kahn and Bill try to achieve Internet stardom by creating a wacky viral video.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Yeah I don't think Hank ever had college aspirations. He just wanted to win the state championship. Also just my guess with no evidence but I think whoever wrote that line intended it to be a good time but didn't actually know a good time would be.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

after season 6 Mike Judge and Greg Daniels were no longer show runners and that was the end of the golden era

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

namlosh posted:

Lol, I just watched “Father of the bribe” recently and at one point Kahn starts yelling at hank in Laotian as he leaves and Hank mutters under his breath: “yeah yeah, I’m a boiled Ox Penis”...

Had never noticed that before.

Also, I have a question:
In “death buys a timeshare”, what’s the end game? So, Hank now owns a timeshare? Didn’t the guy say that they would raise condo fees, and ultimately take peoples houses?

He risked his entire home and family’s well being so his dad could be in El Presidente?

Even for Hank, that seems crappy as hell

I think he just rented a condo for a week and didn't actually agree to owning a timeshare forever

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I can't remember, so I'm honestly asking; was that the intention? Like the second spitter in the Keith Hernandez Seinfeld episode?

no but he is still way too obsessed with it

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Code Jockey posted:

hot take: Dooley is just Beavis and Butthead on xanax

Your wife divorced you

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Well, as he says, Cowboys will be Cowboys

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

PokeJoe posted:

What's the couch and tiny tv room? Luanne's?

No it is not Luanne's room it is Hank's den!

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

today I found these Hank HIll super bowl commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBLH2nC5x6o&t=639s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBLH2nC5x6o&t=1289s

wow I've never seen these before I never thought I would find new KotH content

of course Hank hates seeing the players have fun celebrating in the end zone; that's what caused God to punish him with his ankle injury

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Trick or treat

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

you know who I feel sorriest for in all this? Bill

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Luanne would never vote Trump

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Who What Now posted:

I always remembered it as him saying "jackass". :psyduck:

you might be conflating it with this line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ivaEcUjfw

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Who What Now posted:

Dale is just so nice to John Redcorn, it's the best.

it's a cool twist because you might expect a Texan to be homophobic

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

found an old KotH promo in a compilation of 90s commercials

how would you describe the Hills?

sports crazy, music loving, and big haired, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLfYGg2Chv8&t=456s

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

The meat one aired on FOX as the finale and then four more leftover unaired eps aired on Adult Swim ending with the bipolar one

I think FOX was just ready to be done with it

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Mr. Fix It posted:

i doubt the creators were big on thanksgiving airport ep either since it can't be canonical without being completely inconsistent with later depictions of peggy's mother

This means the ep where they go to Montana is wrong, not the airport ep. And what is inconsistent about it? Peggy's mom is rude in the airport ep too. What's inconsistent is the mono episode where Peggy and her mom are living in Texas.

I hate the ZZ Top episode too that's def in my bottom 5. Others are

Ms. Wakefield
The one where Hank is scared of bats (I remember watching this new on TV and thinking, yeah I might be done with this series)
The one with the real Rusty Shackleford because they ruined the joke by making it the point of an entire episode
uhhh idk the one where Bobby befriends those three girls who just play with him? (I think this is the last season, a lot of clunkers in there)

I don't hate edumacating Lucky the episode but I do hate Peggy for her actions in it

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

where's the new Beavis and Butthead I was promised on Paramount Plus

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I married a man, Hank, not a .....gamer

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

namlosh posted:

I thought it was the snow one, but there may have been earlier episodes with him in it

My name is buck Strickland and if you don’t know me, you’re at the wrong picnic

Do you work for me? I’m your daddy

"The Company Man" is before the snow one so that's my best guess

I jumped aroud Shins of the Father and didn't see him so I think the KotH wiki may be wrong about that

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Blue Labrador posted:

Can someone point out an example or two of this? I've never caught on to it and it's interesting.

one I can think of right now is when Khan mumbles a stream of Laotian insults at Hank and Hank says "yeah I know I'm a broiled ox penis"

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Detective No. 27 posted:

Hank gets the art gallery to take down the x-ray of his constipated colon by using a Texas law about defaming beef. But clearly the doctor had violated HIPAA laws by sharing it without Hank's permission.

did he? it didn't have enough identifying information to identify Hank; they had to deduce it themselves

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

that was "sour" Coach Sauers who I don't think ever appeared again

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I didn't like Do the Universe. I just didn't think it was very funny. Also I don't think they did enough with them being in the future they should have done more with Beavis and Butthead fish out of water in 2022 but it seems like they spent too much time just getting them into a scenario where they'd be there. And when they were there there were the smartphone shenanigan's and the white privilege bit (which I thought was done well but then they showed the best part of the movie in the trailer so the rest was kind of a let down). A lot of it could have just been them being chased by the government in car chases in any era. I would have liked to see more time and jokes devoted specifically to them being out of their normal time if that was gonna be the premise. But most importantly at the end of the day I just didn't get as many laughs as I normally do from B&B

I went in with really high hopes maybe I was setting myself up for letdown.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

yeah I wonder if the whole thing was just a way to set up upcoming new episodes where they will be in the current year but still be teenagers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Hank knows some great things to do with Wonder Bread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaB9NZyiphM