Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFuwS9M7jkQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Gaunab posted:

Yeah. It sucks that she became so ditzy.

Manger Babies is what killed Luanne for me. Goddamn what a terrible episode.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

N. Senada posted:

that diet dr pepper can is really undermining the whole aesthetic

And Peggy's feet aren't big enough.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I've never heard a single person IRL (or even online now that I think about it) talk poo poo about king of the hill (outside of the general nitpicking about certain characters by fans of the show) so I'm kinda shocked by some of the comments here claiming that others they know hate KotH and trash it all the time. What's to hate? It's the most realistic portrayal of a (Texas) suburban community that I've ever seen, with possibly the best character development of any televised sitcom or cartoon ever. The show is mostly brilliant, and any lame episodes are few and far between, and even those less than par episodes are still better than 95% of the crap we're fed daily. I just don't get any possible hatred at all.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

JGdmn posted:

I agree, don't marry anyone who doesn't like King of the Hill.

Words to live by right here

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

True story, while in the Coast Guard stationed in Maine we set up security for Bush when he went to visit his family home. A few people from the base got to do a meet and greet. My friend went and when he came back I asked him how it went?

"He had a really limp handshake....and really soft hands" was all he said. He wasn't a Hank Hill type at all and it would never have crossed our minds to critique the handshake of anybody. IT WAS THAT SIGNIFICANT. So I don't know if this was a known thing in the media, a criticism of Bush for having a weak shake or just something they made up for King of the Hill. But I got flashbacks watching that episode recently and it kind of blew my mind.

Was that a 'known' thing about Bush or did they totally Dale :tinfoil: onto the truth?

A buddy of mine was stationed at Camp David while in the Navy, and he said the same thing about his handshake. He absolutely worships Dubya, so I don't think he was making the story up.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Gaunab posted:

How are his hands soft if he owns a ranch?

He wore gloves while he cleared all of that brush.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

A few weeks ago at work, I was watching a pocket sand video on YouTube, and a coworker who has never seen KotH saw it over my shoulder, and ever since had referenced pocket sand as many times as possible, without knowing any context or even knowing what KotH is. I wish I could tell him where to watch it, since he's been so exited about one lovely YouTube video, but there's nowhere to watch full episodes online that he has access to, so pocket sand is getting pretty close to being completely on my nerves and ruined forever.

And yeah, dudes pretty annoying and latches onto everything he hears without knowing what it really is. He says "bye Felicia" every day when he leaves work even though he's never seen Friday or knows what the phrase even means in the first place. He just heard it one time.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

ExplodingSims posted:

Worst episode in general is Mrs. Wakefield. I just can't bring myself to watch that one again.

I've never wanted to punch an elderly cartoon character as bad as during that episode.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I'm having an infarction!

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

IncredibleIgloo posted:

There has been some talk about a revival. I am not sure, I think it is best to leave it be. Here is the link:
http://deadline.com/2017/08/king-of-the-hill-revival-fox-tca-1202144905/

Variety also posted something about it.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/king-of-the-hill-fox-revival-talks-1202519401/

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Jimmy Wichard is the best character.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 10, 2017

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

food court bailiff posted:

yeah Hank is an upstanding, honest man, but he's completely incompetent at everything except mowing lawns, propane and propane accessories, and (inexplicably) making wooden dummies

He also made matching coffins and a giant Alamo beer can (spot-welded, the only way to go, hoss).

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

It was on Netflix for quite a while, but that was a long time ago.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Hopefully they’ll air it as much as they did Futurama, and maybe they’ll put all of the episodes up for streaming on their app/website. Could explain why they’ve abandoned all other streaming platforms. Adult Swim’s app had a handful of later episodes up for streaming, but that was it besides YouTube. I really took KOTH for granted when it was all on Netflix.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Don’t forget that Bobby burned down the church.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I love Bill's shrieks of terror when the Rottweiler goes at him.

...or when the hawk goes at him.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I've been trying out my neighbour's ride-on mower this summer, and I can only think two things while I'm riding it:

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY and Saturday

and

"Aaaaaaaahh! Ain't got no dang fingers!!"
That being said, I would totally go to that mower show.

A mower show would actually be kinda fun, but what’s even better is a mower derby.

https://youtu.be/0mqHDIZJADY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Doppelganger posted:

He should have a bigger tank for those jellyfish in the background.

I don’t think they’re real. They don’t seem to be moving the way they should.