Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

haljordan posted:

Bobby: "I don't know if you've ever ridden a block of ice before..."

Buck: "Well I married Miss Liz didn't I?" *laughs*

Mister Strickland said he got up under more balls than a midget hooker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JuiceOne posted:

Bobby: We're going to see the training camp of the Dallas Cowboys. They used to be in Austin 'till, well, you know. But like my dad says, "Cowboys will be Cowboys."
Hank: I say that in private, Bobby.

It says sallaD syobwoC

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

haljordan posted:

He also laughs at Tony Danza

Its really goofy that they actually got Tony Danza to voice like one line in the episode where Connie had the phone card.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nooner posted:

Lucky owns

"you worked on the state oil rig, or the federal?"

Bobby, I'm gonna help you run down that dream.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dogmeat posted:

YouTube is kinda scratching my itch, but are episodes of KotH on Hulu? I can get my fix of Futurama and Bob's Burgers on Netflix but KotH is just such a perfect blend of wacky hijinks and real life that neither of those two quite compare.

The stickied avatar thread, as well as a non stickied thread that is named something like "the thread with the Doug avatars"

Unfortunately KotH isn't on any streaming service for some reason.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

John Yossarian posted:

When did Hank start working for Buck Strickland?

In his early 20s. After he graduated from high school he worked for a clothes shop called "Jeans West" when Buck came in for some pants and hired him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Umm didn't he sell lawnmowers before jeans west

He never went into specifics about that job or mentioned it again so its hard to know if that is supposed to be treated canonically of just a one off joke. He mentioned Jeans West multiple times. My favorite was when he was talking to Peggy and mentioned "I told you about the time I put on the giant pants and pretended I was small." Just for how absurd it is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The episode with Michael Keaton as the insane pork magnate is pretty great.

"Life is a serious of compromises."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hank's age never really makes sense seeing as he graduated from high school in the 70s and the show started in 97.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Archaic posted:

PEGGY: Hank, why don't we go someplace more private? You certainly can't live out your fantasy with all these naked women around.

PEGGY: You don't want me anymore. You want other women. Younger, equally pretty women.

You with Nancy and me with Dale? We both know who's getting the better deal of that... Dale.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ha, Boomhauer's brother's impression of Hank. Very nice.

EDIT: S8E1, btw.

I'll never get tired of people referencing something that Boomhauer's said as deep, to-the-point, clear, or concise. :allears:

Patch Boomhauer was also played by Brad Pitt.

Dang ole Hank looooves strippers!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HAT FETISH posted:

Which episode is it where Lucky and Luanne meet for the first time? I have zero memory of how their relationship got started.

Plus I'm getting me some of that

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

...and the pitch! posted:

Why are there two Springfield residents in frame?

It was from The Simpsons, the one where Homer coaches Bart's Pewee football team.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

"Ever since the explosion every song I play sounds like Feels So Good"

"Maybe because it Feels So Good to be alive?"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's right, we know about "rancho unicorno."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joe-Jack took a flask out of his desk and started drinking. It was so funny!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A weird thing about that episode is that Nathan Fillion is in it as the frisbee guy who has like one line. This was back in 2001 so the only thing he was known for was a sitcom he starred in with Ryan Reynolds.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You could probably call that one an animation error. Somebody left out the tank and then put in the heat source like it was coals. They usually don't actually show down into the grill when Hank cooks so they wouldn't have any reference materials for how a propane grill would look.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing is, Hank is also aware of all of this and he doesn't care. He loves Peggy anyway.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

To Sirloin with Love was the last episode that aired on Fox but Manic Khan-Day was the last new episode that actually aired because four episodes only aired in syndication.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was clearly supposed to be a series finale because the final bit of the episode with the wedding has literally every character show up, even minor ones who never appeared/were referenced outside of their respective episodes like Junichero.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joe Jack says he's suffering from priapisms and says he needs a roomier desk and a view of Debbie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

facebook jihad posted:

Luanne's Saga is a goddam gym of an episode. Hank's man crush on Wade is priceless

Buckley showing up with chocolates

"Those better not be for Luanne!"

"No, they're for me for later."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

NOVELTY GRILL?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Now with propane because it FUELS so good!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What the hell is animation throwdown? I think I need to look more into this.

Its basically Magic the Gathering but with Fox cartoon characters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FinalGamer posted:

DurhamrockerZ is definitely the KOTH YTP master, excellent choice.

Also when does Lucky show up? I dropped out of the show around season 6 and for the longest time I'm really wanting to get back into it. My dad stupidly bought the NTSC version of season 6 which, well, doesn't work in Europe so me and my mom have resolved one day to get the entire series and watch every episode.

At least just as a life goal.

Lucky first shows up in season 8's episode "The Redneck of Rainey Street" when Kahn flips out at his job and becomes a redneck. That episode also has a goofy meta moment where Elvin (played by Trace Adkins) breaks into a record store to steal the new Trace Adkins CD.

Luanne and Lucky start dating in season 9's "Care Taking Care of Business." The one with Christopher Lloyd as a senile groundskeeper at Arlen High and Hank and the gang secretly maintain the football field.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DALE: So it turns out I'm not the actual Dale Gribble, but a clone of him. The original Dale Gribble is a super-warrior from the year 2087. The second me, i.e. I, was created to help the first me fight the invading Mongol armies.
HANK: Dale, that's asinine, and here's four reasons why. First, you're not gonna clone a super-warrior out of a guy who can't even win a thumb-wrestling match. Two, you've spent your life swearing that the robots will eliminate the clones by the year 2010, so which is it, robots or clones? Three, you've already said you sympathize with the invading Mongolians of 2087, so you'd be the last one they'd send to fight them. And four, if you were from the future, you would have seen this coming. (Punches Dale in the arm)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, Peggy's backstory doesn't make any kind of sense.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Osh-KYy4Cw

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45hM7iAkjk8

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

pixaal posted:

She starts off as a 3 dimensional character and ends up as a "blonde airhead". The direction her character went is just so disappointing. Maybe she just couldn't cope with Buckley's death. She'd be such a wreck if Lucky died, which he'd have to if they ever make a new season.

The actress who played Luanne (Brittany Murphy) died in 2009.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The one episode I don't like is the one where they're at the airport for Thanksgiving. It just spends the entire time making GBS threads on Hank with no payoff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FuhrerHat posted:

I'm running dry here, people... oh! Is there any concrete evidence that Hawaii actually exists? No.. I already covered that... *dead air* Does anyone remember The Drifters?

A joke I really like from that episode is when Octavio takes over the radio station and his way of playing music on air is to put a radio playing music up to the mike.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SEA KING
SEA KING

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BE THERE ERERERERE

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq6_iUhLHo4

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What about the ladies with the big boobies?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I think it was hit or miss after the HD transition, but it's purely subjective.

It's tough to argue the show shouldn't have ended at Luanne's wedding, though.

For those who haven't heard they've confirmed that the wedding episode was originally supposed to be the series finale (which is why every side character is just randomly there, like Junichero.) However they got word at the very last second that Fox had renewed so they pulled the original end of the episode. Which, interestingly enough, was going to retcon away some episodes by having Bill reminisce about them but then Hank says that stuff never happened and Bill just dreamed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You've got to spend money to mmmmake... MAGIC!