Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What's brilliant is that if it weren't for people aging, King of the Hill could totally have been a live action show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Phoenix goon reporting. It's absolutely true.

Edit: I've never been to Texas, but people say that the show is really accurate to Texas. I've never had any reason to not believe that, but the Phoenix clip makes me believe it. Though Hank's mom and stepdad would probably live in Sun City, which is old folks town. Where golf carts are street legal and you will get stuck behind one.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 28, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Want a bottle? A big dirt bottle!?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Well, I do like delayed gratification.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You know what Ford stands for, right? Fix It Again, Tony.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mr.Tophat posted:

I'm watching KotH again, and gosh darn it, Bobby stood up and started talking about white power in a comedy club. That boy alt right.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

The episode with Michael Keaton as the insane pork magnate is pretty great.

"Life is a serious of compromises."

When The Simpsons stopped utilizing celebrity guests well, King of the Hill really picked up the tab.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Alabaster!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gaunab posted:

Adult swim skips episodes which is annoying. They start on Season 3 episode 2 which means they skip the mega-lo mart exploding.

It's because cable television is racing toward irrelevancy.

InsidiousMuppet posted:

Thanks to this thread, I was going through all the seasons on Amazon, buying them as I finished the previous one. However, all the seasons are abruptly no longer available for purchase :(

Well that's super lovely. They were all available on Vudu when I checked last week.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

JediTalentAgent posted:

The one thing about Bobby and sports is that he's shown a talent towards marksmanship that never really seemed to be brought up again, was it? Looking at the episode guide, it's from an episode produced and aired well before Columbine, though. I could sort of see post-Columbine the idea of a kids and guns episode being sort of off-limits.

They brought it up again in the Dale hostage crisis episode. Dale said that if they had to shoot him, he'd want Bobby to do it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It was the one episode where Bill completely won and had a happy ending without him loving everything up by being Bill.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ChickenWyngz posted:

I want to know how the Spanish language version handles it when Peggy mangles the language.

And how they do Boomhaur in Spanish.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Testikles posted:

I'd say Arlen sits somewhere between Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio but really the place is like Springfield in that it kind of floats about and its features change depending upon the episode.

That being said...

THE GATSBY COLLECTION

Well, I do like delayed gratification.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

TrustmeImLegit posted:

That Goofus seems like a real dumbass"

Fav Hank quote with him seeing a highlights issue.

It pairs nicely with a Beavis and Butthead quote.

"Heh heh, Goofus is cool."

That show might have caused me to laugh the hardest in the 90s. My babysitter let me watch recorded episodes off VHS tapes. The reboot had me laughing just the same. They shouldn't have aired it on MTV.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm giggling at the memory of Peggy's Sugarfoot's.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The cat can't be a liberal strawman. The cat kicked Hank's rear end.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Boomhaur reveal was great because it adds an extra irony to anytime they get into legal/criminal schennanigans.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

Goddamn, has Family Guy ever had original content?

That wasn't even the first time they parodied that specific Dallas scene.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Puh-hehgy Hill.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think there's something wrong with her! This morning, I found water in the exhaust!!

:cry:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

In my opinion, Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

While King of the Hill isn't a wacky, zany show, there was a ton of good visual gags. I was watching the episode where Dale lost the gun club presidency today. He's freaking about over how he thinks Mr. Big is going to kill him. Dale is going to flee town has Bobby and Joeseph move all his things in Hanks truck. Joeseph struggles valiantly to move the couch by an end all by himself and Bobby instead runs out holding a couple cushions. Very great understated joke.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Licensing costs?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Over There posted:

Does anyone know where I can stream KotH?

There isn't anywhere you can really binge through the show, but there are folks livestreaming the show by season on YouTube. That's how I've been getting my fix.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Yeah but good luck finding a watchable episode. Nine times out of 10 it winds up being one of the season 13 episodes for me. Mrs. Wakefield, or the one where Hank's mom gets remarried.

There's a bunch of streams now, and they seem to do different seasons. There's some streams of the early seasons. But I got my fill for now and am binging SpongeBob on Amazon for some reason.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The later seasons were a step back, but Lucky is a drat miracle of a character. Rarely ever does a character get added so late to a show ever work out, but he was so likeable he worked. Even Hank admired the guy.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Code Jockey posted:

King of the Hill youtube poop honest to god helped me appreciate the show even more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJqwW-ivdlM

I do not remember the original context for Hank hosing Bobby down in a blanket.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

the people who bought the syndication rights want you to spend money purchasing their cable channels

Cable needs to finally go away.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can't imagine how he'd handle the Trump presidency. He fled the country after getting a limp handshake from the most ideally Hank Hill presidential candidate.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

IncredibleIgloo posted:

There has been some talk about a revival. I am not sure, I think it is best to leave it be. Here is the link:
http://deadline.com/2017/08/king-of-the-hill-revival-fox-tca-1202144905/

You can't bring King of the Hill back. Luanne died. :(

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Saved your life dad!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So much of the show was tied to the era it was made in. With Bill nearly going to Vietnam, Hank not being able to on the count of his narra urethra. Would they age everybody up? I was actually fully expecting would have done that for the Beavis and Butthead revival.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

Lucky finally gets his GED after Hank asks if he realizes he could just take it again

Even before this episode, I always wondered what state of matter gel fits in to.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Les Os posted:

just make it so Bobby and Joseph go into business together exterminating (Dale changed the name of his business to Dale's Dead Bugs & Sons) .

I don't need to read any more. You've got the best future King of the Hill idea.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Someone leaves a bad review for Strickland on their Facebook page so Hank sets out to find them and set things right.

There was that Myspace epsidoe.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Joe Sixpack! He's a drunk driver who crashed his pickup truck and was sent to Hell. And then he borrowed Satan's pickup truck without asking and trashed it, and he got kicked out of Hell, and now he roams the earth riding buses and doing evil, like he doesn't call you on your birthday or he throws beer bottles at your head! 

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I thought they'd do that with Beavis and Butthead, but they didn't. They'll keep everyone the same age. Maybe ignore some parts of the later seasons if they got new story ideas. They weren't afraid of totally retconning Peggy's mom.

Speaking of which, her moving to Arlen from Montana doesn't really make any sense if everyone else (minus the Luanne's dad) stayed in Montana.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I like Lucky's truck because it's shiny

I call it "pretty pretty truck truck!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Malek posted:

What's Hank's butt in this analogy?
Since he moons, I think it was a Texas Senator during a talk in a glass elevator.

That was former Governor Anne Richards! :cmon: