Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Why did communism never find much success in America in general, and among Afro-Americans in particular? A bastardized version of Islam being more popular just strikes me as... odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is there a direct correlation between how difficult bright colors are to obtain, and the garishness of upper-class clothing, or are things a bit more complex than that?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

With the possible exception of Alexander, was there any single person before Genghis Khan who looked at the world at large and decided to conquer, like, all of it? Do we have any feasible theories that would explain how / why he decided to just keep conquering for as long as there was conquering to be had?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Schizotek posted:

Cyrus II. Phillip II who's army and plans Alexander inherited in the first place.
Really? I was under the impression that Cyrus 2 just expanded the Persian empire (a fair bit, but not to world-conquering degree) and Phillip's plans were basically limited to taking over that same empire.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Randarkman posted:

You're probably thinking of the first Darius. Cyrus was as others have said.

I was actually thinking "oh yeah, the successor to Cyrus the Great", so probably Cambyses II. Presumably I just read a whole bunch of sources that rarely or never referred to Cyrus the Great as Cyrus II? Embarrassing.

• Locked thread