Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Hayden's in hospital in Italy after he got hit by a car while cycling/training, shittttt no word on his exact condition yet.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/05/17/hayden-in-hospital-following-cycling-incident-in-italy/228157

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Severe head and chest trauma. Honda WSBK team saying "the medical teams are working hard". Sounds like he wasn't wearing a helmet or that car was going at some significant speed. There's a picture of the car with the windshield just completely smashed to poo poo along with the roof of the car bent.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Shimrod posted:

Induced coma for Hayden I read somewhere, never good.

Hopefully he comes out of it ok, although who knows what lasting damage he'll have even if he does get out.

Standard procedure for brain trauma. But, yeah, hopefully he's not Schumacher'ed.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

It's bad, but not necessarily Schumacher bad.

Unfortunately, it sounds really bad like maybe even worse than Schumacher bad. The hospital released a statement this morning saying he's suffered severe brain damage and he's still in the ICU with an unknown prognosis. He has a cerebral edema which they can't even operate on because his vitals are so unstable/lovely that a surgery might just end up killing him outright. Severe fracture throughout his body and they're referring to it as a polytrauma case. It's really, really bad and really, really lovely. I never watched him race in WSBK but in MotoGP you could just tell how nice of a guy he was and everyone seemed to like him (unless your name was Pedrosa).

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Huh, I haven't even seen the other stuff about Nicky. I've just been going off the actual hospital statements. I'm surprised at hte last one though that he's not in an induced coma. Which is somehow even more worrying.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Jack Miller has Schrodinger's crash which is simultaneously extremely unlucky and the luckiest thing he's ever had happen.

https://twitter.com/rendicahya/status/865908340001341442

Holy gently caress

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
This really loving sucks fucks sake gently caress that driver

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Apparently there's CCTV footage of the crash and Nicky apparently just pulled out of a junction right into the path of the car. Dang.

RIP Nicky :(

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
MotoGP put up a tribute to Nicky. It's really nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPF9vQKQ9F4

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Absolutely, yes.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Not sure if you guys saw but Vale in hospital with mild trauma to his chest and abdominal area from a motocross crash while training. Mugello in question now.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Yamaha MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi could be discharged from hospital on Friday, after “making positive progress” from injuries sustained in a motocross accident.

Rossi suffered "mild" chest and abdominal trauma in an incident while training at the Cross Club Cavallara in Italy on Thursday.

He spent the evening at the local Ospedale Infermi in Rimini and an update issued by Yamaha on Friday morning said the 38-year-old had suffered no further complications and “experienced a positive healing process” overnight.

“Valentino told [doctors] that he is experiencing less pain both in the chest and in the abdomen, compared to last night,” the statement read.

“The pain is the result of slight liver and kidney lesions that have not evolved into further complications.

“Valentino will continue to receive pain relief over the next 12 hours and, over the course of the day, he will undergo routine diagnostic tests.

“If the results are positive, he may be discharged from the hospital within the day.”

Rossi is third in the MotoGP championship after five rounds, with a call on his fitness for next weekend’s Italian Grand Prix at Mugello yet to be made.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/rossi-making-positive-progress-after-motocross-crash-910577/

Well, that's good but 'kidney and liver lesions' doesn't sound very enticing, blegh.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The man is carrying injuries that any one else would still be bed ridden by, is almost 40 and still manages 2nd?!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
In stuff that doesn't really matter given actual things that do it would appear that the 2017 Qatar Grand Prix will have been the last given everything that's happened and is going to happen to Qatar in the short term.

I actually liked the Losail track.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The entire Arab world (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Egypt, Libya etc. etc.) have completely cut off Qatar, isolated it, banned Qatar Airways and such from flying over their airspace and Saudi and UAE have even made it illegal up to 15 years in prison to even say anything supportive of Qatar.

That's kind of just scratching the surface but yeah I imagine it'd be extremely difficult to host a grand prix in these circumstances.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
jesus christ

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Skreemer posted:

I hope Davies is OK.

UPDATE: Davies has a thorax trauma with some difficulties breathing. After an MRI scan at Rimini hospital, Davies is confirmed to have suffered a fracture of the transverse process of L3 (3rd lumbar vertebrae) and left thumb contusion.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Reminded me of Melandri's crash way too much

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Skreemer posted:

I was thinking Simoncelli...

Right.

I was literally thinking of Simoncelli. Well, this is embarassing.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Angel Nieto has died.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Isn't it a thing for, like, F1 drivers to have contracts with clauses about not engaging in other dangerous sports though?

Depends on the teams. McLaren in particular was a pretty bit stickler especially after/when Montoya had that motorcycle accident which they just blamed it on "tennis" injury.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-1dyCvJVf0

:staredog:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Kanye East posted:

Gorgeous George needs to buy his own MotoGP bike, a decent race track and compete by his lonesome. Anytime the racing gets close he just disappears backwards. And complains.

The race was amazing, c'mon Dovi you can win it!

He needs to get the hell out of Ducati ASAP.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
We'll all know by the end of first practice. If that Ducati is not hooked up for Valencia then congrats Marquez.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Congratulations 2017 MotoGP World Champin Andrea Dovizioso.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Congratulations to 2017 MotoGP World Champion Marc Marquez

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Toby and Julien was basically the best commentary team that transcended all sport they were perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
So the man replacing the legend that is Livio Suppo at Honda is.... Alberto Puig.

What... lmao

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/puig-set-to-become-honda-s-new-motogp-boss-979101/

• Locked thread