Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
BAH GAWD THAT'S DOVISIOSO'S MUSIC!!!!!! :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:psyduck:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah. I've been watching for so long that I realise that he probably doesn't have many left so I like it when he ekes one out. :unsmith:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

hayden. posted:

It seems like sliding around wouldn't do you any favors in terms of tire management. Maybe it's faster on a per corner basis but slower in a total race time basis.

Gary McCoy says hi.

gently caress I feel old posting that :negative:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Skreemer posted:

It keeps raining/not raining, no one is having fun.

Even if it was dry it would be chaos with all the tyre shenanigans this weekend

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Skreemer posted:

Either way both the factory Yamahas are going to be poo poo in the race unless it's completely dry and someone pulls a rabbit out of a hat.

If you have a motogp.com account you can watch Jorge Martin get flicked off his bike:

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2017/06/30/watch-jorge-martin-s-frightening-moto3-crash-in-fp2/233580

Also if it goes from wet to dry they'll have to change from "Good chassis" to "bad chassis" mid race. Oh and also, Maverick and Rossi disagree on what is the good and bad chassis because lol.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also Petrucci re-signed with Pramac and again will have a current year bike.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love how everyone seems to always be having a good time at a MotoGP race.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Skreemer posted:

This weekend MotoGP is at Silverstone. Go listen to the British announcers gush about how important this race is on the calendar, and how great it is that all those Brits are racers, and how those Brits are great racers.

Should still be at Donnington imo.

Even though, I believe that's Donnington's choice not MotoGP's.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love how dope as gently caress MotoGP has been this year you can honestly say it was a "bit of a dull last lap pass"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

harperdc posted:

MotoGP has announced their 2018 calendar. The order and races are all the same, but with two major differences: the Thai GP following Aragon and ahead of Japan, Australia and Malaysia; and "Circuit to be announced" next to the British GP on the calendar.

Any takers on odds it'll go back to Donington Park?

My understanding is that both Silverstone and Donington Park's owners hate MotoGP(?) and because Circuit of Wales isn't ready its literally up to Silverstone as to whether they hold a GP and if they don't then Donington can, if they want.

edit: for clarification, the BSB people own Donington and think "why pay Dorna money when we have ~British Superbikes~". I don't know what Silverstone's beef is, but it's pretty loving clear considering they have the option to hold the race and haven't taken it up yet.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 13, 2017

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The history book is littered with "This WSBK dude is defs gonna make it in MotoGP for sure!"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

harperdc posted:

I actually don't mind either, they're certainly streets ahead of the Sky and ITV Formula 1 crews and less "it's super early in the morning and we're punchy" than the Speed F1 crew, they're knowledgeable and enthusiastic and it definitely shows. But yeah Dylan is a smart happy puppy.

They're not as good as Ryder and Co from the golden era, but I never minded them. As they said, better than most other sports.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Yeah honestly I've been pretty impressed with how Jorge has done this year. He's spent a lot more time in the lead than I expected, even if he hasn't turned it into wins. The progress is happening. And he can fight when he's got the bike for it. He'll get a win in '18 even if he's not a championship contender.

I love when you see them really having fun. When Marc and Rossi were scrapping in Marc's first season or two in GP was some of the best.

Really separates the champions from the Setes of of the world.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Slavvy posted:

Or he chokes with the title in the bag like how rossi, a far less prolific crasher, did that one time.

Man that was an amazing / strange season. Dovi taking out Hayden the race before, and then Rossi crashing out on a low speed turn.
Also, Troy :allears:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress yeah, derp, you knew what I meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
how lucky??

how skilled??

edit: rip

also lol Jorge lmao

• Locked thread