Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Rather bizarre question but does anybody have any info on old aprilia rotax 125cc two stroke engines? I've always heard that they were the basis for Rotax's modern kart engines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Jorge is lame and I don't understand how people are acting like he's gonna challenge for the 2018 championship when he still falls apart half way into any given race on the Ducati.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Slavvy posted:

George has adapted faster to the ducati than any rider besides stoner (and his was so loving long ago it hardly bears comparison). Several times this year he's been faster than dovi despite dovi having a huge amount of experience on the bike and clearly being one of the strongest riders this season. He 'falls apart' because he still hasn't gotten a feel for an effective race strategy on that bike, as mentioned by myself a few posts up from yours. It's pretty hilarious to say he 'still' falls apart when every other successful rider they've had (again apart from stoner) has taken several years to even get into podium contention and he's managed to do it in half a season.

Fanboy bullshit is for other sites, the expectation here is that you aren't an idiot and try to actually understand what's happening instead of just drooling and waving your yellow/red/orange flag.

I don't think its necessarily race strategy as much as it is tire management, he's lead close to if not more laps than Dovi this season but he's blowing his load like a 13 year old at a strip joint instead of saving it for when it matters, maybe they can fix that with the bike but I suspect that its more intrinsically linked to the engine's power delivery and that's not going to be something they want to change. I find it hard to follow the arguement that him getting into the podium is a huge success story when this year's bike is clearly the best one since the Stoner era and Yamaha has taken a huge step backwards this year, but then again I'm just a drooling idiot fanboy so what do I know?

• Locked thread