Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/840616729474662400
Ducati possibly 1 step ahead with aero again hope it looks better when they paint it.

BitcoinRockefeller fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Skreemer posted:

Actually if you watch the tests all of the major manufacturers have what I'll call "inboard winglets". They aren't allowed to hang them off the bike anymore but anywhere there's room to make for a loop or air hole in the fairing, they're shoving bits of aero. Most of them aren't as overt as the Ducati. Though the bike Marquez wrecked had bolt on boxes that looked like the "hammerhead" Ducati.

Oh I've seen them, ducati's just look really extreme even more so than aprilia's.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Man I'm getting old I still have trouble thinking of Zarco as anyone other than captain meltdown who couldn't win a 125 race to save his life despite all he's accomplished.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Slavvy posted:

The Aprilia rotax was definitely a triple, was also the first one to have pneumatic valves. Also the 211v was a v5 back when they let you have more cylinders in exchange for more weight.

I don't see how the mandatory five hard laps make any difference at all, everyone was shooting for a time at the end of fp2 on soft tyres and both 25 and 93 performed as normal.

I can't find the chart browsing on the phone but I'm 90% sure the weight categories in 2002 were for 2,3,4, and 6 cylinders and honda was able to go with the max 4 cylinder weight because no one accounted for anyone making a wacky v5 engine.

Here we go 4 and 5 cylinder weight allowance was the same at 320 pounds because why even try to figure it out no one will do it.

BitcoinRockefeller fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 8, 2017

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Any race where marquez eats poo poo is a good race in my book.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

AncientTV posted:

Double postin don't care, I'm pretty pumped for the Marquez, Vinales, Rossi start. Hopefully this race doesn't turn into a huge Honda lead again.

Did you see the practice start after qualifying? Marquez and Folger took off at the same time with Folger behind and he took the lead. I wouldn't be surprised if marquez ended until 3rd or 4th by the first turn and at least has to work for it.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/856089091837837312

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
COTA is a garbage track with way too many bottom gear hairpins. Even the smaller classes get all broken up and the big bikes turn into the occasional 1 on 1 dual as someone catches up but there is never any pack of riders.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Jack Miller has Schrodinger's crash which is simultaneously extremely unlucky and the luckiest thing he's ever had happen.

https://twitter.com/rendicahya/status/865908340001341442

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

Not only survived, but rode like a madman in qualifying the next day. :australia:

Same day, that was from FP4.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Skreemer posted:

Starting Grid for Mugello:

Vinales
Rossi
Dovisioso

Pirro (WTF?)
Pedrosa
Marquez

Lorenzo
Bautista
Petrucci

Rabat
Zarco
Espargaro A.

Crutchlow
Barberra
Folger

Iannone
Baz
Espargaro P.

Miller
Redding
Abraham

Lowes
Smith
Guintoli

Poor Lorenzo has Michele Pirro AND Dovizioso ahead of him on the starting grid. I know Lorenzo went top for at least a minute or two of FP3. He seems to be able to get to a point on the Ducati, but just cannot breakout and get the few extra tenths needed to get near the front of the grid.

Pirros the Ducati test rider they keep on to have a guy that can do motogp pace and he gets to ride a couple races a year on a factory bike instead of being on a crap privateer team. Ducati tests at mugello all the time so he's got all kinds of laps in there, he should be able to put in a time.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

algebra testes posted:

I doubt spain loses a race as stupid as that sounds, but its getting complicated with Finland, Sokol and Thailand coming in, and Austria and Jerez being out of contract.

Ditching a home gp like Jerez doesn't "feel" right but I may be wrong.

Potentially Finland can get pushed a year and thry dont have to make any decisions for a year and see how all the tracks shape up.

send them to road america, remove the motorcycle chicane at the kink, have the highest top speed of all world tracks.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Slavvy posted:

Zarco and Folger have led me to give up attempting to guess which m2 riders might turn out to be good in the premier class, he might turn out to be absolutely brilliant.
The guy who was champ twice in a row in moto2 is really good in motogp and a a guy who was really good in moto2 is pretty decent in motogp makes you unsure about moto2? Those 2 are almost a straight 1 to 1 correlation of moto2 to motogp results.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Zarco then went on to beat the poo poo out of rabat the next year in moto2 . I'd say rabat is a disappointment rather than you can't tell if someone will be good from moto2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
2014 Silverstone in particular where he rides rights through Marquez's leg for the win. Really makes his bitching about people touching him transparently bullshit.

• Locked thread