Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
It's also available on the radio at http://ttlive.iomtt.com/

The ITV coverage is rebroadcast around various countries, just none of them all that soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Guy's crash in the Superbike race was massive. To walk away from that with nothing more than a sore wrist ...

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

gregbest90 posted:

I really liked that Jonny went from smashing Superpole on the Type A rubber to smashing it on another. He's definitely one of the dudes there that I still think if not for certain factors (e.g. the way WSBK is regarded in comparison to MotoGP etc) would be giving people nightmares in GP.

Sorry but he really wouldn't. He's good enough but he's not *good* MotoGP quality. He's averagely good on an average bike, and like anyone sitting on the best bike by a mile, is nigh on unbeatable. Look at his years before joining Kawasaki - long time with Honda and little to show for it against other talented riders.

Quite frankly what he's shown over the past few years is how average Sykes is given what an amazing bit of machinery he has under him. This isn't meant to be mean, I have a soft spot for Sykes, but whilst he's done well a lot of other riders on the same machine would make WSBK even more boring because it would be a Kwakker 1-2 every race. I have massively lost interest in WSBK over the past few years precisely because the field is so unbalanced. The changes for 2018 or whatever can't come soon enough to flatten the field a bit and make a race of things.

In other news, props to Tony Elias, the nicest guy to have fallen a very long way, for winning the MotoAmerica thingybob (whatever the AMA is called now). Having been at the bottom of a big pile of poo poo since this Moto2 title a long time ago, it's nice to see him do well.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Best end to a race since .... well, the last time. Absolute balls out screaming at the TV madness. Fantastic.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

And is more entertaining to watch in interviews. Except Jorge.

In a shocking turn of events even Pedrosa has developed a personality in the last few years. Maybe there's hope for George yet....

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
That was brilliant. Love Rossi and Marquez's interviews, always so happy to have had a close race, that's what makes them so much fun.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

In sad news, Julian Ryder is quitting his role as commentator for BTsport. When I first started watching MotoGP it was with Eurosport's coverage with Ryder, Moody, and Mamola, so Ryder's voice has been part of my summers since 2008. It finally seemed like Ryder and Huewen had really started to sync, too, though I haven't watched as attentively this year. I like the rest of BTsports coverage team so hopefully they can just move an existing person up to the box.

This is the worst news since BT Sport dropped Moody, and there's been some pretty lovely things happen since then.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
In his own words, "Marquez style to the end". What a season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
A lot. Probably more than anyone else for a while yet.

• Locked thread