Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Has there ever been a V Twin in MotoGP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I think it was a complaint about it overheating and getting quite hot.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I miss Indy :(

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Also I'm watching the 2006 season and I also miss Americans in global motorcycle racing. We got PJ and I think that's it.

These races will have 3 mericans in the top for or Edwards and Hayden leading Assen

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Rossi was hurt and Capirossi got merked in Catalunya the race before. But Pedrosa was nowhere and saying it's cause people were injured isn't fair to Hayden or Edwards. They were both front runners for a lot of the season, Edwards led in more than one race and Hayden was usually with the lead group.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Rossi's penalty was because he gained .3 going off so they deducted .3 from his finished time. It was not a penalty, it was a time correction. Had nothing to do with the reason why he went off, I dunno why people don't get this. Most riders, when they leave the track, try to rejoin in the same place relative to other riders as they were in before they went off. Rossi did not because he's Rossi.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

AncientTV posted:

Yeah I tried to search for what I was thinking of but I guess it wasn't anything recent

The bike has gotten lost on Hayden and Crutchlow just off the top of my head

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
GPS isn't accurate to the meter. More like 3 or 4 in the best conditions. Something built into the track would make more sense. Or maybe just use that glue in rat traps

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Slavvy posted:

Genuinely wasn't aware of this, if that's the case why is it banned for engine mapping purposes corner-by-corner?

They used to monitor the corners and would update every sector that the bike went thru. So say you cross the start line, the bike knew the next 6 corners or whatever and would change based on which corner you're in. Can't remember what happened with Cal exactly but I know with Nicky the bike got its sectors confused so he got full gas in turns but might have been limited on the straights.

With the new electronics package everyone has I am not sure if it has changed or not. Some googling might answer that. But the reason they don't use GPS is that it would be more complicated than the current system which works 99% of the time.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 07:09 on May 4, 2017

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yeah I mean, they system I would propose is that if a rider leaves the track they must rejoin at or before the position they were in on track before they went off. If they do not there should be some kind of time penalty, or correction, to account for the time they gained going off.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Jorge will win a race this year. Probably the Red Bull Ring.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Twitter reports coming that John Mc🍺 broke his leg at the NW200. That opens up a few TT podium spots but not good for his goal to tie Joey's wins

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Wirth1000 posted:

Severe head and chest trauma. Honda WSBK team saying "the medical teams are working hard". Sounds like he wasn't wearing a helmet or that car was going at some significant speed. There's a picture of the car with the windshield just completely smashed to poo poo along with the roof of the car bent.

These guys don't go out casually, surely he was wearing a helmet. Helmets don't stop TBI, ask Schumacher.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I wouldn't trust rumors, after Schumacher's accident people were saying all kinds of stuff. But that said, it does not look promising in the least.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
No doubt, a few years back when Bautista took him out the place emptied mid race.

There was a time, after he broke his leg, where he talked about less offroad riding cause of the effect it could have on his racing. I guess the ranch ended that, it wasn't even 'off season training' anymore.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Anyone know a good place to get Hayden stickers? They listed a couple official merch sites but I didn't see stickers on either.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I was hoping there was some official place but thanks for the link. Ebay eh? Never heard of it.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Cool didn't see that. I checked this site and their official one earlier and all the stuff there was out of stock.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
ITV does nightly recap coverage if you can find it in whichever way you like to find things.

https://www.itv.com/hub/isle-of-man-tt/36468

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Good. Spice the championship up a bit. People were raving about all three racing and how moto2 was even great this time so I watched it. Moto2 has been so boring last year that what would have been called a normal race in 2012 is now called an amazing one.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
The 2017 Duc is no longer a second tier bike. That's it's legit competitiveness. The new yam chassis is no good and the repsol honda is trash. It's starting to look like MM can't Lead development on the bike cause it's gotten steadily worse since Casey gave him a fantastic bike

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
lol

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
There's one of the DNFs we needed to spice things up

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Donington isn't in the condition to host a GP without a lot of money dumped into it and Silverstone is trash. They should just drop it until a good track is at MotoGP standards. Especially since there are so many good circuits so close.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Judging Rea as trash on the Honda is hilarious. The bike was slow with no support and he managed to win races.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
When did James Toseland win a race? Or ride a suzuki? You thinking Chris Vermulean?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Steve Day might be the guy tho which would be worse

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I would love for Dovi to win a championship but let's be real, this will be like Pedrosa's 'chance' in 2012 that fizzled out at the end.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'll happily eat my words as I fist pump at the screen

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

n8r posted:

Gorge is getting faster nearly every race and GiGi knows how to design bikes that Jorge likes. He'll get there.

It's not even worth acknowledging them anymore, just let the haters hate.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
If Rossi somehow takes out MM the conspiracies will be ridiculous.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Redvenom posted:

That was brilliant. Love Rossi and Marquez's interviews, always so happy to have had a close race, that's what makes them so much fun.

Oh yeah, for sure. Not like that complainer, Lorenzo. I remember 2 years ago when Rossi and Marquez were having all kinds of fun and smiles.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Rossi torpedos MM, Dovi takes the W, going to Valencia with an 8 point gap to MM

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I think the realistic prediction is that MM will head into the race with the attitude that he just needs to finish as close to Dovi as possible, even behind.

That will all fly out the window as soon as the lights go out.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
saying he defies physics is dusty af

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Cmon Jorge, let me drink those Rossi Fanboi tears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
It's Marquez' to lose but it has happened before in Valencia.

RIP

• Locked thread