Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
And if you haven't seen the news yet, Rossi broke his leg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
FFS guys, it's mid-season, tone it down a bit when not on track.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Tomorrow's front 3 Vinales, Divisioso, Marquez.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Massive crash for Livio Loi in Moto3:

https://streamable.com/k9had

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Wet track, rain, crashes and a new face on the podium.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
16 crashers in Moto3
15 crashers in Moto2
6 crashers in MotoGP

Good job by Zarco getting the single point.
What happened to Pedrosa, there were people that crashed and finished in front of him.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 10, 2017

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

quote:

Johann Zarco (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) was in P7 on the final lap of the Gran Premio Tribul Mastercard di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini when disaster struck - and he ran out of fuel. First feeling the issue at Turn 11 before the bike fully stopped tantalisingly close to the line, the Frenchman pushed it all the way to the flag - losing out on seventh but still taking home a point in P15.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Tom Sykes has a massive crash in FP3 in Portimao Portugal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZLe4yp9_HA

Johnny Rea and the Kawasaki cannot be stopped. Rea spent the entire weekend on one tire, just before the race start Pirelli pulls the tire from use and forces Rea to use another tire. Doesn't matter, Rea smashes them all in race one anyway.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 16, 2017

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Ana Carrasco wins the SSP300 feeder class for WSBK in Portugal.

Because Chaz fell, instead of just winning, Rea had over 5 seconds ahead of second place to win WSBK race 2. It wasn't even close, even before Chaz fell.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 17, 2017

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Spies probably would have done a bit better if he hadn't have wrecked himself so often early in his career. I know he got a bit of help from yamaha (the rear suspension coming apart at Leguna Seca and a few races later something else failed causing a good wreck), but I think he would have been a good rider, but not a great one. If you're in Texas, Spies is partial owner in a few restaurants between Dallas and Austin, support him in his retirement from racing.

And also not there have been a few decent riders that have gone from GP classes to WSBK classes and done "ok". For right now I can think of is Stefan Bradl, though Marco Melandri is doing fairly well, he's not quite up to the challenge of Rea, Sykes and Davies.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 18, 2017

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Slavvy posted:

Max biaggi won the loving championship twice. The first time he was older than Rossi is now.

I always forget about Max.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Busted Leg and all, Rossi declared fit to race this weekend. I wonder if they are still going to give van der Mark a seat on a bike in the GP after promising it to him for over a week.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Motorland Aragon this weekend, your starting lineup is:

Vinales
Lorenzo
Rossi
Crutchlow
Marquez
Pedraos
Dovisioso

I dunno about that Rossi guy, he didn't place higher than 10th in any of the practice sessions and still pulls a rabbit out of a hat and gets 3rd in qualifying. Lorenzo had to come through Q1 to get his spot. Secret technique to getting more seat/practice time on the bike?

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Slavvy posted:

Rossi is conserving his pain reservoir because he knows by about lap twelve he'll be feeling it big time. My prediction for him is he'll attempt to get to the front ASAP then use his canny ways to airbrake his plummet through the field in the second half of the race and get a solid top ten. Bonus points if he holds back MM to give vinales a fighting chance. We might actually get to see those two fight for the first time maybe?

Lorenzo just needed to get his poo poo dialled in; I didn't watch FP4 but if he had a bad time there he probably won't do well in the race as tyre conservation hasn't been his strong suit this year.

Marquez probably could have placed a lot better if he didn't crash in turn 12. From the replays he went in WAY too hot and was all out of shape before he chucked the bike.

One thing I've noticed is that Dovi only uses the "aero" fairing on the Ducati at certain tracks while Lorenzo always uses it. I wonder if that plays a role in some of the tyre conservation issues.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Go watch the last 2 - 3 laps of Moto2, the kind of scrap we normally look for.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
And Johnny Rea can take the rest of the year off. Clinches the "threepeat" during race 1 in France. WSBK and FIM heard to be contemplating just simply banning J. Rea outright or forcing him to ride the Honda again.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Race 2 to Davies. Eugene Laverty attempts to change next year's results by throwing his bike at Rea. Laverty's bike hit Rea in the foot damaging the right boot and rear brake lever.

If anyone follows world supersport, their champion from last year and current championship leader, Kenan Sofuoglu, had a massive highside during the super pole and wound up with a "triple hip fracture". This makes that series a lot tighter.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 1, 2017

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Slavvy posted:

Sofuoglu is down? Mein gott I might have to start watching WSS again. He's more dominant than jray.

It's a conspiracy, Both Kenan from WSS and Toprak from World Super Stock 1K were injured on the same weekend and flown back to Turkey.

In all seriousness though for Kenan, some folks are predicting "he'll be back for Jerez, no problem", while other folks are speculating at minimum it's season ending, if not career ending.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
MotoGP at the twin ring in Japan this weekend. It's been raining every session. Zarco is the only one that really got the yamaha moving, though he did it on one of 2 extra soft rear rain tires. Jonas Folger is hurt and the test rider they have to replace him is doing fairly well. Both Vinales and Rossi were languishing down near the 13th, 12th, and 11th spots for most of the free practices.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Rossi 12th, and Vinales didn't even make it into QP2. Zarco takes pole!

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

What explains this anyway? I feel like most races this year, he leads it for the first 2 or 3 laps, way out in front as if no one could touch him, and then falls back to finish 9th. Tires can't go off THAT fast can they? Why would he be so on and then off?

Jorge is a bit of a robot rider. Once things start getting out of parameter he can't completely over come whatever the issue may be. It's also one of the reasons he doesn't have great success in the pack. When he has to change his lines and braking points to get around other riders, unless it's clear track in front of him, he can't seem to gather it back up quickly and keep going. When everything is mostly perfect, the guy is a hell of a rider, metronome laps and all. Eventually they'll get it figured out and deliver a bike to Jorge that will suit him completely.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Ducati seems to be trying to make things harder on themselves. Top Ducati is Dovi, but he's way back in 11th place. Though Jorge is going to have his issues this weekend, crashing out in one of the free practice runs and spraining his ankle.

First row is Marquez, Vinales, and Zarco.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
WSBK doesn't matter much now as Rea already won the title, but the WSBK circus is in Jerez this weekend. Race one, Melandri lead for most of the race only to have the Ducati give up and die with four laps to go.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Redvenom posted:

That was brilliant. Love Rossi and Marquez's interviews, always so happy to have had a close race, that's what makes them so much fun.

"The guys up front are really aggressive, you just have the be more stupid."

drat good race. I feel bad for Zarco that Vinales positioned himself perfectly for the double slipstream and stole away 3rd.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Malaysia GP this weekend:
Marquez makes an amazing save in FP4, then drops the bike during qualifying.
Rossi set the top time of the weekend so far in FP3 with a 1'59.947, but then that's been beat during qualifying.

Pedrosa, Zarco, Dovi, Rossi, Vinales, Lorenzo, Marquez, Rins, Ianone, Crutchlow, Miller, Espargaro is the first 12, there were about 5 pole position changes in the last minute of qualifying.

The faintest glimmer of hope for Dovi.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Anyone following Moto2, Luthi took a nasty highside during QP, I'd be surprised if he didn't have a concussion.
Baldassari came off too and looked like he got knocked out.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
If MM is not at the front by turn 15 on the first lap, he'll push too hard into turn 15 and either screw it up or wreck.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
The MM save in FP4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY0zJrk5ZnQ

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I know no one follows Moto2, but KTM got the second double podium in a row. Olivera is riding like he's on fire, and Binder has to fight to keep up, but he's at the sharp end now that he's healthy.
Thomas Luthi broke his ankle and couldn't race, "gifting" the championship to Franco Morbidelli.
With the resurgence of KTM, Olivera pushed Alex Marquez out of third place for the championship. Oliver and Alex were separated by only one point. With Olivera winning, and Alex crashing twice in the race, that cements the top 4 places for the series.

10 riders in Moto2 went down and 4 of them didn't even finish the first lap.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Final round of WSBK, Rea does the double and beat the 2002 record held by Colin Edwards for most points in one season. Davies pulls second and with Sykes out of race 2, Davies takes second overall in the championship. Sykes 3rd, Melandri 4th, Loewes 5th, VanderMark 6th

Huge save from Davies in race 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu-6bQTqNxI

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 4, 2017

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Last race of the year for MotoGP. Any bets on who'll win? (Go Dovi.)

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Wirth1000 posted:

We'll all know by the end of first practice. If that Ducati is not hooked up for Valencia then congrats Marquez.

FP2 has it this way:
1 99 Jorge LORENZO
2 26 Dani PEDROSA
3 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO
4 5 Johann ZARCO
5 93 Marc MARQUEZ
6 43 Jack MILLER
7 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW
8 51 Michele PIRRO
9 46 Valentino ROSSI
10 44 Pol ESPARGARO
11 25 Maverick VIŅALES

We'll see how things go in FP3 and Qualifying.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Well, nothing like making it really tough on yourself, here's the starting grid:

1 93 Marc MARQUEZ
2 5 Johann ZARCO
3 29 Andrea IANNONE
4 99 Jorge LORENZO
5 26 Dani PEDROSA
6 51 Michele PIRRO
7 46 Valentino ROSSI
8 41 Aleix ESPARGARO
9 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO
10 42 Alex RINS
11 44 Pol ESPARGARO
12 43 Jack MILLER

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Holy gently caress.
Everyone pushing like crazy, go Zarco and drat Jorge is going to get a bit of a talking to.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
If KTM can keep it together over the winter, they'll be a favorite for next year. Olivera wins, Binder in third. Moto2, look out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
First test day in Valencia and Valentio Rossi tells the 2016 M1 exactly what he thinks of it after tossing the bike into turn 10:

• Locked thread