Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SimonChris posted:

Now paste Hemingway's prose into the Hemingway Editor.

Grammarly really seems to have gone to poo poo lately. It used to fix my grammar and point out passive voice usage. Now, most of the suggestions seem to be sentence rewrites that fundamentally change the tone and meaning of the sentence. Maybe my grammar just got so good that there is nothing to fix anymore.

the fuckin' wicked sick rear end stone, it means.

Grammarly fell apart about six months ago for me, for what it's worth.

Little querying friend, querying is hell. You've been given really awesome advice so I'm just hoping it goes well for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

two things: what hand exercises are you guys doing these days to relieve pain?

you ever just wanna take a grinder to your brain meats while going "shut up, god drat, I can only write so many words a day" but also absolutely relish the fact that the story is flowing well?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I've spent the past couple years writing video game reviews for fun on reddit, as well as mushy romances on another site. I've read the likes of McKee and How Not to Write a Novel to help recognize the pitfalls in the process of writing, and attended a group writing class before covid. After years spent dilly-dallying I've decided to aim for a modest draft of 50k, then further polish and expand as needed. The major plot points I've nailed down eons ago, I'm writing the chapters out of order depending on mood. Half planned, half written on the fly.

The elevator pitch would be "Psycho in rural 80's Ireland." Despite being miserable, this isn't intended to be some Angela's Ashes shite (Got my degree in Limerick, and they hate Frank McCourt). It's simple horror entertainment. This 700 word work-safe piece is where I officially started, though it's meant to belong in a middle chapter, so it's the most polished to present.

https://treacytown.blogspot.com/2024/03/ronan-looked-into-kitchen-mirror-as-he.html

You've got a real way of capturing perspective and appearance without dropping down to "his brown eyes were sad and miserable and also the clouds were crying" junk. I really like that. It's polished and very nice.

Dear thread, you ever just want to unscrew your head and shake the words out? If I get another plot bunny, I'm going to choke on it.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Fumblemouse posted:

You're not going to find their eyes in their cleavage, bud.

Jenova disagrees