Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fishmech posted:

It was 49 when I first posted

this thread probably sold one, and now they think there's demand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i found a forum post from 2008 where the seller (if its the same guy) claims to have 50 of them, so if they're selling three a year i'd be surprised

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
heres how their page for it has changed over time

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

this entire thing is seriously weirding me out

i think this site is actually an entity from a parallel dimension attempting to communicate with ours

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
so i ordered one of them and if the email they sent is accurate, they now have exactly 8 left in stock once my order ships out. will let u all know how it is

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

fishmech posted:

so i ordered one of them and if the email they sent is accurate, they now have exactly 8 left in stock once my order ships out. will let u all know how it is

did you ask them beforehand how much it was for shipping

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
fml I just sent them $114

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

With this many yosposters owning a Dragon, maybe it's time to figure out how to network them and have a LAN party

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

A Yolo Wizard posted:

:stare:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

r u ready to WALK posted:

With this many yosposters owning a Dragon, maybe it's time to figure out how to network them and have a LAN party

pretty sure you have to either mail cassettes, or buy a modem

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

A Yolo Wizard posted:

did you ask them beforehand how much it was for shipping

i emailed them and they said $59 for the computer and $35 shipping to the east coast. so that's what i paid

r u ready to WALK posted:

well it's got fairly standard serial and parallel ports for the time, so you could probably do something with that.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
doesn't j290 host a bbs?

who has enough phone lines to set up a modem pool?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

infernal machines posted:

doesn't j290 host a bbs?

who has enough phone lines to set up a modem pool?

phone lines? just write a custom networking stack using the cassette port and run it over teamspeak

there's an Apple II file transfer utility, ADTPro, that can be bootstrapped via an audio file played to the cassette port

eschaton fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 16, 2017

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You can use drivewire on it, and people were working on irc clients and such for the coco circa 2010

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

someone should port beluga to it so it can have a good game that isn't dungeons of daggorath

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
finally have it shipping, woo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

that dragon logo would be kind of cool if it werent 7/8 of a swastika

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Tayter Swift posted:

that dragon logo would be kind of cool if it werent 7/8 of a swastika

its a wrongly angled one too like some slag faced mountain hick graffiti

fail hitler

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Agile Vector posted:

its a wrongly angled one too like some slag faced mountain hick graffiti

fail hitler

howl hortler

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
turcich is a weird name

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

$79 is too much but I want to get another weird 80s home micro. I already have a ti-99/4a which I've been meaning to make an effortpost about one day

i keep trying to get a Timex Sinclair because they're tiny and I don't need more large crap around my house

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

minivanmegafun posted:

$79 is too much but I want to get another weird 80s home micro. I already have a ti-99/4a which I've been meaning to make an effortpost about one day

i keep trying to get a Timex Sinclair because they're tiny and I don't need more large crap around my house

well when i messaged the guy at the warehouse to purchase, he said the price is actually $59 right now and whoever changes the website did it wrong. still, there is the $35 shipping on top i guess

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

welp I just BIN'd a Timex Sinclair 1000 for $29 on eBay with the 16KB upgrade

I should go buy a cheap USB capture card and do a dumb effort post with these computers.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

minivanmegafun posted:

welp I just BIN'd a Timex Sinclair 1000 for $29 on eBay with the 16KB upgrade

I should go buy a cheap USB capture card and do a dumb effort post with these computers.

what does your heart tell you

post the membrane

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

A Yolo Wizard posted:

lol

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

eschaton posted:

what does your heart tell you

post the membrane

i just clicked the buy button hours ago, I'll post it when it gets here

i already have a ti-99/4a which is probably a more interesting machine

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
you need to find the speech synthesizer

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

blugu64 posted:

you need to find the speech synthesizer

oh I have it

I also have sent it galtse at 300 baud and made it read it aloud :getin:

e: it's in that picture ffs

minivanmegafun fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 18, 2017

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

you need to get all of the accessories and put them all on so it ends up being 14 feet long or whatever it is if you connect everything.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

actually while I'm here

if I want to stream these old things to twitch I imagine any random USB capture card that handles composite NTSC will probably keep up no sweat?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

fishmech posted:

finally have it shipping, woo

doesn't say james. fake.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

minivanmegafun posted:

if I want to stream these old things to twitch I imagine any random USB capture card that handles composite NTSC will probably keep up no sweat?

yeah pretty much

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

you need to get all of the accessories and put them all on so it ends up being 14 feet long or whatever it is if you connect everything.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

minivanmegafun posted:

i just clicked the buy button hours ago, I'll post it when it gets here

i already have a ti-99/4a which is probably a more interesting machine

Nice computer but what is up with that fail non-crt monitor?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

minivanmegafun posted:

oh I have it

I also have sent it galtse at 300 baud and made it read it aloud :getin:

e: it's in that picture ffs

we had ti-99s in high school (I'm not old, I just grew up in the sticks) and god I always wanted that speech synthesizer. videos please

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

ok I guess I'll order a StarTech capture stick and do an effortpost finally

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

akadajet posted:

Nice computer but what is up with that fail non-crt monitor?

finding small CRTs nowadays is surprisingly hard. I have an old CCTV monitor that works but the raster lines are vertical and not horizontal so it looks all weird; and it's b&w which isn't great for a color computer

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
the various commodore home computer monitors and stuff like old tv station Sony PVM displays are pretty common on eBay these days, shipping just tends to be a real bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

yep. if I'm getting one I'll stumble across it at the local thrift, otherwise I'll keep using the composite->vga box with an old 4:3 lcd

• Locked thread