Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Rand alPaul posted:

Okay good because I gotta send another round of emails out before bumping people from HGH and Centaur Paintings.

I'm not doing anymore ESPN leagues because I inevitably neglect them and do a disservice to the league, so you can freely bump me (Hanguk Sliders)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
PEDees is up for grabs too. R.I.P JoFer

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Doltos posted:

Literally just sign up and pay outside of the league. We'll probably just paypal everyone the 20 bucks at the end of the season anyway. This is your opportunity to skate around dumb gambling laws.

Ok yeah

In that case I'm in, if the draft time works

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Brandon Phillips may be on his way to Atlanta, so if you want cheap speed, take a flyer on Jose Peraza.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I first-picked Trout and got Mookie second pick last year, traded David Peralta for Trevor Story the day before play started, crushed the league all season, and then lost in the semifinals. I had successfully repressed that memory for a few months until finding this thread :eng99:

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Murmur Twin posted:

I first-picked Trout and got Mookie second pick last year, traded David Peralta for Trevor Story the day before play started, crushed the league all season, and then lost in the semifinals. I had successfully repressed that memory for a few months until finding this thread :eng99:

Yeah, looking at my 15-team dynasty league team just now filled me with sadness. Tore through the league and then at the end of the year, Gerrit Cole, Arrieta, Pomeranz and Strasburg all died. I ended up with the most motley crew of championship week starters ever and lost by 100 points.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I won my dynasty league last year, and I'm stoked to start fantasy baseball again this year! I just don't know if I should keep Todd Frazier or Adam Duvall...

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

IMB posted:

Yeah, looking at my 15-team dynasty league team just now filled me with sadness. Tore through the league and then at the end of the year, Gerrit Cole, Arrieta, Pomeranz and Strasburg all died. I ended up with the most motley crew of championship week starters ever and lost by 100 points.

Somewhere off in the ether, a disembodied voice whispers *roto*

IcePhoenix posted:

The voice is disembodied because they died of boredom

:drat:

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 13, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moneyball posted:

Somewhere off in the ether, a disembodied voice whispers *roto*

The voice is disembodied because they died of boredom

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Roto is loving trash.

Oh man wow I need 8 more steals and I can jump from 3 points in the category to 7 CAN YOU FEEL THE EXCITEMENT

its for autists

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Head to Head is boring AF. What can I say? :v:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

its for autists

This is probably true, and may be why I prefer it to H2H.

They're both fun, though.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
H2H is for autists, because you have to follow it closer and make a lot more moves. Roto is for people with lives.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Rotos also easier to give up on and is better for dynasty trades

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
Head to head is SO MUCH BETTER, but for the record I do play in one roto money league and I actually loving won that one last year (despite Jose Fernandez loving DYING) so maybe I should just stick to that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

having a star player die late in the season would have a significantly smaller impact in roto vs h2h, to be fair

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Linear weights points is the best format.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I run a league in which I put everyone's rosters into MLB The Show and then simulate the season 10,000 times.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

I run a league in which I put everyone's rosters into MLB The Show and then simulate the season 10,000 times.

Found him!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Speaking of autists come join the 20 dollar goon h2h league we got like 7 spots left

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/831574031778344961?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

feeling incredibly less bad about him being the centerpiece of trading for Kluber in the dyansty league

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I think Rock The House MD has Reyes on 3 of the 4 teams he's already drafted lol

This is why you don't draft in February.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Gobias Ind. posted:

I think Rock The House MD has Reyes on 3 of the 4 teams he's already drafted lol

This is why you don't draft in February.

Yeah, that sucks, more for the Cardinals fan in me than for my fantasy teams. :smith:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
they'll just sprinkle some stem cells on it and he'll be fine

DAIRY KING
May 15, 2011

A DEO REX, A REGE LAC
probably dropped the ball (ha ha) on this one but are there any goon leagues open still for the 17 season. I haven't played in a while and would love to play again.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DAIRY KING posted:

probably dropped the ball (ha ha) on this one but are there any goon leagues open still for the 17 season. I haven't played in a while and would love to play again.

:20bux: h2h that I'm so darn tempted to get in on but I dunno if I can actually handle two leagues.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ESPN is open for business

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

ESPN is open for business

:woop: time for activating and photoshopping A-Rod.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Oh boy... ESPN is open :effort:

I drafted an early team because I'm not interested with Alex Reyes. I'm happy with this team, and I think it could really do well, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that gets ruined.

10 team, standard roto

C: Jonathan Lucroy
1B: Chris Davis
2B: Daniel Murphy
3B: Todd Frazier
SS: Manny Machado
MI: Dee Gordon
CI: Evan Longoria
OF: Ryan Braun, JD Martinez, David Dahl, Lorenzo Cain, Odubel Herrera
UT: Kendrys Morales
BN: Melky Cabrera

SP: Madison Bumgarner, Cole Hamels, Drew Smyly, Vince Velasquez
RP: Sam Dyson, Adam Ottavino, Brandon Maurer, Shawn Kelly, Dellin Betances, Addison Reed, Kyle Barraclough

Dingers, baby. What a difference picking up a random SP here or there makes. Have to snipe some better closers though.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Schweinhund posted:

H2H is for autists, because you have to follow it closer and make a lot more moves. Roto is for people with lives.

Ya its pretty tough dicking around at work for 15 minutes a day while I adjust my lineup. My wasted youth.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

What are you guys' thoughts on 2 sleepers, Keon Broxton and Hunter Renfroe?

I currently own Renfroe, but realized Broxton is available, and he put up some good numbers in limited time last season, 9 HR and 23 SB in just over 200 ABs, which over a full season could amount to a 20+HR/40+SB season which is intriguing.

Should I drop Renfroe for Broxton? I have a ton of speed on this team already with Trea Turner, Villar, and Billy Hamilton (who got dropped and people weren't paying attention so I snagged him for my bench).

My offense:

C: Schwarber
1B: Rizzo
2B: Villar
3B: Longo
SS: Story
OF: Turner
OF: Cutch
OF: Piscotty
UTIL: Baez
UTIL: Diaz
BN: Renfroe
BN: Hamilton

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
I like Renfroe, just youtube some of the home runs he hit last year, they are bonkers. I'd say you're fine on speed with villar, hamilton, and turner

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Is the Nuclear Plant Softball League still a go? The last thread is archived and the commish doesn't have PM's.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Pulled off 3 trades so far in the same league.

Gave: Drew Smyly
Got: Nomar Mazara

Gave: Eduardo Nunez, Chris Archer
Got: Yoenis Cespedes, Michael Fulmer

Gave: Andrew McCutchen
Got: Jon Lester

which gives me:

C: Contreras
1B: Miggy
2B: Villar
3B: Machado
SS: Story
OF: Cespedes
OF: Bradley Jr.
OF: Piscotty
UTIL: Bregman
UTIL: Pedroia
BN: Renfroe
BN: Mazara
BN: Buxton

SP: Lester, Greinke, Fulmer, Sanchez, Wainwright, Paxton, Zimmerman
RP: Dyson, Maurer, Feliz

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 22, 2017

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Gave: Drew Smyly
Got: Nomar Mazara

Gave: Eduardo Nunez, Chris Archer
Got: Yoenis Cespedes, Michael Fulmer

Gave: Andrew McCutchen
Got: Jon Lester

Highway robbery.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

weas posted:

Highway robbery.

Just pulled off some more highway robbery in a different league. Traded Billy Hamilton and Javier Baez for Carlos Carrasco and Randal Grichuk.

I got Hamilton for free as a free agent a few days after the draft because someone dropped him and no one else picked him up.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
You made out, but I really like Hamilton this year. He really came on in the 2nd half last year. 36 steals in 45 games, batting .293 over that time. He finished the year with an OBP of .321, which isn't bad. He's also improved every year.

If he could make even another small step to a .270/.335 hitter, he could dominate a steals category all by himself. In both Roto and H2H.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

You made out, but I really like Hamilton this year. He really came on in the 2nd half last year. 36 steals in 45 games, batting .293 over that time. He finished the year with an OBP of .321, which isn't bad. He's also improved every year.

If he could make even another small step to a .270/.335 hitter, he could dominate a steals category all by himself. In both Roto and H2H.

I've got Turner, Villar and Broxton so I have plenty of speed.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Another trade in a different league:

Gave:

Gregory Polanco
Brandon Maurer
Stephen Vogt

Got:

Wil Myers
Willson Contreras

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010