Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

mugrim posted:

Does this go for Clinton primary voters too? It's not like he got there alone.
Nope! Only those who specifically cast a vote for Trump!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

if those kids wanted christmas presents they shouldn't have been born poor, the stupid assholes

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

PleasingFungus posted:

This is an idiotic reaction to a phenomenon of mass ignorance. You should be reaching out to these people and trying to educate them as a basis for forming a real mass politics. They obviously didn't decide they don't want healthcare, or else they wouldn't express the fear that they're gonna lose it. They thought Trump was going to replace the ACA with a better healthcare system, which is what he actually said. They didn't think he'd try to wipe it all out in one fell swoop without an alternative plan. That makes them idiotic rubes, not maliciously self-destructive psychopaths. This has always been a country of rubes and con men, and you can't blame people for their gross ignorance when the system is built up to keep them that way.

All you're doing here is demonstrating why people can still have so much contempt for Liberals, even in spite of Trump voters. You're no less petty or spiteful, and your politics are garbage.

You're absolutely right there are a lot of trump voters who voted for him because they simply wanted positive and fast change and not more worthless centrist incrementalism.

The fact that you chose to defend someone who went on a multiple-hour long racist rant where she called black people niggers and gorillas, as well as the fact that you seem to think a bunch nobodies on a dying comedy forum are the reason liberal is a curse word in America, kind of makes you look like a clueless parasite who thinks "reaching across the aisle" is all it takes to undo decades of indoctrination.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Scent of Worf posted:

You're absolutely right there are a lot of trump voters who voted for him because they simply wanted positive and fast change and not more worthless centrist incrementalism.

The fact that you chose to defend someone who went on a multiple-hour long racist rant where she called black people niggers and gorillas, as well as the fact that you seem to think a bunch nobodies on a dying comedy forum are the reason liberal is a curse word in America, kind of makes you look like a clueless parasite who thinks "reaching across the aisle" is all it takes to undo decades of indoctrination.

You're a retard.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Scent of Worf posted:

emoji posted:

You're a retard.

:lol:

http://www.vox.com/first-person/2017/1/18/14300952/donald-trump-vote-regret

Sherri Underwoood posted:

But sitting on my couch, sipping coffee as I watched the interview, I saw with my own eyes who Trump really was as a person. He backtracked on one of his signature campaign promises: pursuing an investigation into the Clinton email scandal.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

emoji posted:

You're a retard.

i made you a helpful guide

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
My bad PleasingFungus, I skipped a bunch of posts and didn't realize that garbage post actually belonged to Pener Kropoopkin :grin:

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

You are too, since you're unable to read the sequence of replies ITT. Try rereading the first page to find out why Scent of Worf's post looks stupid.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Let's not commie shame okay

RandomPauI posted:

I'm sorry. Is this the "effective leftism" thread or the "post Trump voter tweets and laugh/cry at them" thread?

The latter but youd never know it yanko

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Slamhound posted:

Nope! Only those who specifically cast a vote for Trump!

What's the difference? Literally going by any of the primary match up numbers she was the worst bet possible against him, and she actively worked and coordinated with the DNC to make sure him or Cruz was on the ballot.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Crocoswine posted:

repostin' my fav: http://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2016/12/13/13848794/kentucky-obamacare-trump

Now, before you start feeling too bad, be reminded that these people were at least partially voting to gently caress over people worse off than them,

gently caress 'em

The first part of this is lmao

Second part actually makes aense if they a re in a red state and the super poor get medicaid but nobody else does. They're still bigly wrong in regards to the sources of their problems but $150 naproxen driving up ER visit costs is a very real thing

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've come across a terrible flaw in this thread because I can't post relevant updates on my phone so instead I will shitpost I guess to keep whatever this ends up turning into alive I guess?

I love and hate you all but especially myself

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Caitlyn Jenner has been weirdly silent lately. Definitely one to watch out for.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ha ha, she thought she was "middle class". Whoo boy.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
The middle class is a myth

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

*gets bankrupted by a toothache*

Yeah I'm Middle Class

Lunchabully
Jul 20, 2003
Pillbug
Guys you really ought to be working to educate the woman who hates the idea of poor children getting Christmas presents

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Scent of Worf posted:

I think it's great that people who vote in fascists and support fascist policies will soon die because of their own evilness :coolfish:

:yeah:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i like the ones upset about him reviving dapl through native land. yeah mr eminent domain really gives a poo poo about native sovereignty

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

stupid l i b e r a l s believin in magical political forces to do anything, dont you know you need to form a unified class front by educating people who believe that Black people are gorillas who steal medicare

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Squizzle posted:

stupid l i b e r a l s believin in magical political forces to do anything, dont you know you need to form a unified class front by educating people who believe that Black people are gorillas who steal medicare

Thinking you could win with Clinton was magical, yeah. Constantly making appeals to the Middle Class even though they voted for Trump was magical. Reaching out to moderate Republicans was magical. Believing in demographics as destiny was magical.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Scent of Worf posted:

My bad PleasingFungus, I skipped a bunch of posts and didn't realize that garbage post actually belonged to Pener Kropoopkin :grin:

and that's why you always source your quotes!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
How the gently caress do these people function on a day to day basis???? Do they read a rat-poison label and say "fuckin' GUBMIT lyin to me!!!" and chug the bastard? I just... there's no way to get through to these people outside of strapping them into a voight-kampf machine.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
this thread rules

ehf you rule

making fun of dumb people rules

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Middle America can suck my loving dick

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

How the gently caress do these people function on a day to day basis???? Do they read a rat-poison label and say "fuckin' GUBMIT lyin to me!!!" and chug the bastard? I just... there's no way to get through to these people outside of strapping them into a voight-kampf machine.

ok not to reverse course on the "its cool to mock them" thing but

thinking tgeyre objectively dumber than you is super dangerous. people can be rational but thats an accident of ouur :krad: brains and not even a lil bit our default way of engaging the world. we're social and emotional and something that appeals to our biases will bull right through our logic circuits w/o slowing down

we all have a bunch of situations where we're rock dumb and we should be laffin at the dumb poo poo w/o judging the person dumb as a whole

Tho bigotry is always dumb, and should be aggressively shamed

in conusion laffs are a complex thing full of contradictions

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Trump has been a con man all his life, public knowledge, so why would he suddenly become an avatar of Truth and Righteousness at this late date? Trump voters didn't perform even the most basic due diligence, so gently caress em.

and really, don't worry about insulting these hapless dopes. you may offend them sure but it doesn't matter because, as has been shown, soon they will all be dead. along with a lot of the rest of us I expect.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Suicide by ballot is what's hot on the streets

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I'm going to print out the tweets and masturbate to them

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
On one hand heaping needless scorn on these people does nothing productive and can actually be harmful to efforts to reach people in proximity with them that aren't too far gone but on the other hand the nicest teachers in the world who care deeply and personally about the education of their pupils will bitch endlessly about how loving stupid said pupils are the moment they're out of earshot.

In conclusion don't print out this thread and nail it to your rural cousin's door but do post trump voters performing electoral self owns in it.

As always, the truth is in the middle.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bushiz posted:

In conclusion don't print out this thread and nail it to your rural cousin's door but do post trump voters performing electoral self owns in it.

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

I'm going to print out the tweets and masturbate to them

acceptable compromisebecause

Bushiz posted:

As always, the truth is in the middle.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

the only way to educate dipshits like this is to let them get pounded in the rear end hard by their own electoral choices. i hope they all lose their healthcare and are reduced to voting democrat in 2 and 4 years to get it back

in the meantime liberals have plenty on our plate just trying to protect the vulnerable groups who weren't self-indulgent enough to vote in an obvious monster just to give the finger to the rest of the country

pretty much my view. they're grown rear end adults, they made a choice, if they suffer then im going to point and laugh. Don't want them to die though, as i prefer it when a lesson is learned.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/amnaahasanii/status/825463787952152579

First conservative I've heard question the exclusion of the people who are financing ISIS and financed 9/11

https://twitter.com/BernBrigade/status/825809589371273219

BernieBro realizing that maybe Trump will be worse, after all

https://twitter.com/amcgall/status/825472862085603328

Trump's complete 360 he did when winning the election now downgraded to a 180 thanks to selective amnesia

Lunchabully
Jul 20, 2003
Pillbug

Epic High Five posted:

https://twitter.com/BernBrigade/status/825809589371273219

BernieBro realizing that maybe Trump will be worse, after all

now this. this is the real poo poo right here

yeah yeah rurals aren't stupid they're just uneducated dupes that deserve to be treated like children blah blah

but this? I dare anybody to defend a berniebro that voted Trump lol

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bushiz posted:

On one hand heaping needless scorn on these people does nothing productive and can actually be harmful to efforts to reach people in proximity with them that aren't too far gone but on the other hand the nicest teachers in the world who care deeply and personally about the education of their pupils will bitch endlessly about how loving stupid said pupils are the moment they're out of earshot.

I think it's more like "on one hand heaping scorn on these people does nothing productive, but then again trying to reach them through sincere appeals to their humanity, compassion, and belief in good American first principles like personal liberty and diversity also does nothing productive"

The solution is not to be mean or to be nice to these people, it's to slap their hands away when they do transparently evil poo poo and spend the rest of the time educating and winning over the people you can reach (alienated Dem voters, children, etc)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lunchabully posted:

now this. this is the real poo poo right here

yeah yeah rurals aren't stupid they're just uneducated dupes that deserve to be treated like children blah blah

but this? I dare anybody to defend a berniebro that voted Trump lol

I'm a Bernie Bro and I say gently caress that guy.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

honestly if you're a bernie supporter and turned coat for trump instead of not voting (understandable) or voting for retard stein or gary fucknuts you're about as smart as the people being made fun of in twitter screenshots here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

readin this like your raczaks wokest roughneck