Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Guns are the way forward, buy guns after you donate to the ACLU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I'm not going to donate to the ACLU until they change their stance on the 2nd.

lol

their stance towards the 2nd amendment is that 1) it's not being threatened (duh), and 2) if it ever were, the NRA alone has a budget equal to the ACLU which they can bring to bear on that single issue, so yeah they'll focus on all the other important civil liberties for now

e: also, even if the ACLU did start fighting for 2nd amendment poo poo somehow, the gun nuts *still* wouldn't donate to them, because most gun nuts pick the ACLU as their racial enemy

Duscat has issued a correction as of 03:42 on Feb 3, 2017

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ScrubLeague posted:

They provide legal defense for pedophiles and terrorists

Not to mention juggalos

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

akadajet posted:

Not to mention juggalos

And nazis

freezepops
Aug 21, 2007
witty title not included
Fun Shoe
$30/mo

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
told a non goon friend to donate to ACLU this morning while commiserating via text and they said they already had signed up for a monthly donation

:radcat:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

so is there a stay on that executive order or not? i know there was one but just about no one in the media is bothering to talk about it

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

alnilam posted:

And nazis

Yeah, the Skokie case is a real strange one.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Weeping Wound posted:

Yeah, the Skokie case is a real strange one.

It is, and while I'd punch the hell out of some Nazis myself I agree with the ACLU's decision to represent them and with the ruling.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

my grandma never gave to the ACLU ever again after the skokie case

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

my grandma never gave to the ACLU ever again after the skokie case

So, my fiancé represents as a criminal defense attorney some people that I consider pretty loving lovely. He says that he thinks that everyone deserves a fair trial, and all of the stuff about innocent until proven guilty and whatever.

I get what your grandma was thinking though. It's hard to agree with a lofty ideal sometimes. I agree with the idea of the Nazis in Skokie, but on the other hand I'd punch Milo Whateverthefuckhisnameis if I saw him. Nobody's perfect.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

John Adams defended the Boston massacre dudes when nobody else would and i think that's one of the most pride inspiring stories of the us revolution

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Look, the ACLU made the government, not the citizens, stay their hand in suppressing a bunch of Nazis. Fine, the 1A counts Nazis as speech they can't outlaw.

1A don't say poo poo about tire irons.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

still gotta deal with freedom after speech :hehe:

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

My local community-driven and extremely cool and good coffee shop is donating $1.00 to the ACLU every time they sell a drip coffee this weekend. They've been slammed all weekend and had to move the line outdoors a few minutes after I stopped in today.

:sludgepal:

If you live in the SF Bay Area, support Zocalo Coffeehouse. Then maybe donate some more.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

In honor of Donald Trump and his fanboys Tom Brady and Bill Belichick, $20 for every point the Falcons win by.

E: This was worth $420 when I made it. It was worth like $200 when I fell asleep. The fascists won????

gently caress this
gently caress you
500 dollars
To the ACLU

Sono has issued a correction as of 05:01 on Feb 6, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
:siren: :siren:

hi gang, the wonderful mariana horchata produced this wonderful tag as a donation incentive so you can rep yer teen vogue leanings to the rest of the forums

this will replace your other gang tags cuz once you get jumped in ur in for life haha jk idgaf its just yer not really supposed to have a big stack of gangtags cuz it annoys people.

so heres what you do if you want the gangtag:

• if you already donated quote this post and also quote the post where you donated in the same post.
  • if you are donating and want this gangtag, quote this post.

if you dont do either of those, i'll just assume you dont want the gangtag even if you say "i want the gangtag in your post."

i'll try to get on these asap but theres two things that need to happen: my lazy rear end has to request them and then they have to get approved so it might be a few days.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I could go for a gangtag.

Al! posted:

hi gang, the wonderful mariana horchata produced this wonderful tag as a donation incentive so you can rep yer teen vogue leanings to the rest of the forums

this will replace your other gang tags cuz once you get jumped in ur in for life haha jk idgaf its just yer not really supposed to have a big stack of gangtags cuz it annoys people.

• if you already donated quote this post and also quote the post where you donated in the same post.

if you dont do either of those, i'll just assume you dont want the gangtag even if you say "i want the gangtag in your post."

i'll try to get on these asap but theres two things that need to happen: my lazy rear end has to request them and then they have to get approved so it might be a few days.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
gangtags are dumb and so am I

Al! posted:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

felt m8

you know what to do - switch my nasty woman for a teen vogue por favor

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807854&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post468886887

Mariana Horchata has issued a correction as of 18:49 on Feb 7, 2017

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Al! posted:

Ha, cool.

I'm broke so I could only donate ten bucks. I have however also signed up with our local resettlement program to tutor refugees in English, since heck, I can do that for free. I meet my new students Friday :toot:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I always wanted a gangtag!

Al! posted:

Here's my post:

Elitist Bitch posted:

I am in for $20.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Al! posted:

change my name posted:

Donated 10 because I'm a poor grad student with an empty bank account

Give me a tag so that I can be first against the wall

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Rex-Goliath posted:

$20 monthly at least until Trump is out of office but prob will only increase it as time goes on

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

can someone pls tell me where the teen vogue meme came from, i missed that one

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Al! posted:

mastajake posted:

I'm in for $15/month.

HailHorrorHail
Jun 9, 2015

Can I get a gang tag?

HailHorrorHail posted:

eat butt, donald

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
As a longtime subscriber to the anarchist zine Teen Vogue, and a firm believer in the moral and ethical imperative to bash all fash, this tag well reflects my views. I'm in.

Al! posted:

Duscat posted:

Well that sure didn't take long. Matching Yossarian-22's $62.50, Several Goblins' $10, and TracerBullet's $100, then what's left goes to partially match Pancakes' contrib. Godspeed, little dollars, fight for the rule of law, for without it we are all well and truly hosed.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

alnilam posted:

can someone pls tell me where the teen vogue meme came from, i missed that one

https://twitter.com/TeenVogue/status/829051617160871936
https://twitter.com/TeenVogue/status/829028973103415296
https://twitter.com/TeenVogue/status/829021431069552640

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Al! posted:

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Al! posted:

cyphr555 posted:

Donated $100. Will set up a monthly donation once financial situation stabilizes, wife lost her job on Monday. I still get paid software money but need to let the budget shake out a bit first.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

Well alright then!

MShadowy posted:

Donated $15; kinda wish I had more money.

Still wish I had more money.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Al! posted:

FCKGW posted:

Set up a recurring donation the day after the election

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Al! posted:

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Al! posted:

Yes please!

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

gradenko_2000 posted:

I put in 10 bucks. gently caress Trump.
including a proof of donation just in case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

World War Mammories posted:

signed up for $20 monthly

e: for any tallies

Al! posted:

babbies first gangtag

• Locked thread