Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Apparently Abner Mares is injured and pulled out of the fight against Gervonta Davis that was supposed.to happen on the 9th. No confirmation or word of a replacement opponent yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
This is also SSR's first fight with Matchroom and Da zone. Aside from an Estrada rematch he could also unify against Kal Yafai or maybe even a third Chocolatito fight if he loses to El Gallo though I think that would be incredibly brutal. Donnie Nietes and Kazuto Ioka dont really have US network ties so I'm sure Days Inn can get either or both for not much at all.

Then of course the possible move to bantamweight though I still think Inoue absolutely smokes him and both Luis Nery and Rigo are with PBC.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
If were weren't such sticklers for "content" and "effort" we could have more frequent discussion threads just with lower effort (for example my style) ops.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

my counterpoint is that there's like only 6 regulars or whatever here so we dont need new threads super frequently but also jesus christ ninth 33 pages? we just need a summary of the boxing scene, not a loving treatise on the entire history of the sport and your personal pound for pound top 1000 coupled with several argumentative essays explaining the success or failure of different boxing business models

I would just post Mike Coppinger and Dan Rafaels best twitter beefs

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
While we are meta posting I will do what I do best and post Mike Coppinger's twitter to let ya'll know that apparently the Anthony Joshua-Big Baby Miller fight is official for either June 1 or 8 ar MSG for AJ's US debut.

https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/status/1091436770317615104?s=19

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

So they just scrapped the April fight?

Apparently. Last I heard Hearn was trying to replace it with a card headlined by Dillian Whyte or Kell Brook but it seems more likely they will just pay Wembley whatever to scrap the date entirely.

Edit: I mean it's obviously more of a test run for AJ's American marketability than a competitive fight but at least it will be Da Zone-a service I already have-and UK ppvs are cheap so the Brits are fine. Big Baby will talk enough poo poo in the promotion to make it interesting and I could see him really pissing Joshua off so he really goes after Miller.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 2, 2019

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Bring back the BKB pit I say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlSMtxxn_a8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

david carmichael posted:

How did kovalev look? I feel like even though he is old, shorter turn arounds between fights are better for him because he doesnt have as much time to get out of shape

It was probably his best performance since the Bernard Hopkins fight when he showed great skill but most importantly tremendous patience. He also took some shots which were probably as hard the ones that Alvarez got him with the first time which is another good sign for him. I'd agree with you about him being more active in helping to prevent him from gassing and if he can maintain the jab first style then he could easily be at the top the division again. I'd make him a sizable favorite over any of the other belt holders if he won and a win like that makes it more so.