Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Lmao @ this Canelo-Chavez commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6TgJrPAG8

They're running through Trump's wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Incredibly heartbreaking article about Prichard Colon who fell into a coma after an October 2015 fight and who will probably be in a vegetative state for the rest of his life

http://cdn.espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/19149776/shattered-dreams

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Evang posted:

Berchelt and Miura agreed to fight this summer, probably at Stubhub Center or the Forum. Loma getting the winner would be pretty ok, yeah?

Lomachenko almost certainly gets a fight in the meantime. Jezreel Corrales actually just signed with Golden Boy so that seems encouraging.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I've heard a pretty distressing rumour that GGG has a pretty bad injury, potentially career derailing. Nothing concrete has emerged though.

Havent heard anything about this since this post so I'm going to assume that (thankfully) this was just some misinformation.

Porter/Berto and an independent Top Rank ppv with Oscar Valdez-Miguel Marriaga tonight. Hopefully Porter can get a rematch with Thurman and Valdez moves up.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

thehappyprince posted:

porter should win within 4 or 5 rounds tbh

I think it will be more like when Guerrero mauled him but finishing it late rather than just blinding him.

Also Martin Murray apparently just robbed Gabe Rosado. Dude just cannot catch a break.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

thehappyprince posted:

what time is the porter fight likely to get going?

I would assume in a few now. Hell of a touch by Charlo the Lesser

Lemieux over Stevens still more brutal imo

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Marching Powder posted:

somebody post a gif for those of us unable to watch

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeBoxing/status/855967148384047105

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
I dksab but is AJ-Wlad the most significant heavyweight fight since Lewis-Vitali?

Nothing since springs to mind

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

ozymandius1024 posted:

Ummmm, Wlad/Fury perhaps???

:lol:

Actually that reminded me; maybe Haye-Klitschko? Though I didn't really follow boxing i do remember quite a bit of hype including that awesome Face Off

https://youtu.be/-lDZhnxAwS0

Anyways this fight basically comes down to is Wlad washed because if so then he's getting absolutely crumpled. If not then it will be his experience versus AJ's physicality and no one can know how that will play out until it happens

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 26, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm sure I'll look stupid for saying this two days from now but I do think Joshua has stepped up too big too early against Klitschko. Even at 41 Wlad would probably beat out 95% of heavyweights without problems.

Personally im inclined to see he's washed and AJ does the deed by the 5th round. Cut to a rapturous Wembley Stadium interspersed with many shots of a crying Hayden Panitierre.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Managed to stay spoiler free and thank God. because that was loving incredible. Not an early stoppage at all considering how the round went. Bring on the rematch.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Also drat Junior is somehow winning me over in this Face Off what the hell

https://youtu.be/GJtyZ1V6EEA

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

MrBling posted:

I know this will never happens for financial reasons, but humour me in this hypothetical world.

Let's say we manage to cook down the alphabet soup of boxing promotions to just one promotion. One belt per weight class. Would that make it harder or easier for the actual good fights to happen?
Because currently it seems like a lot of guys tend to hide from good fighters behind mandatory challengers who usually aren't very good.

Edit: totally misread the statement. Having one promoter for all of high level boxing would pretty much be a one way ticket back to relevance in the US and great increases in popularity worldwide. Removing the different sanctioning organizations but keeping the promotional/managerial status quo would be a noticeable improvement but not the game-changer that a more centralized business structure is.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 1, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
According to ESPN-secondhand via a BLH comment- Chavez Jr. Is apparently doing hours of cardio in the MGM Grand fitness center to make weight so (continue to) bet the house on Canelo. Shame too cause I really want Hijo to beat Canelo's fat head in.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Weigh in is in 20 minutes but according to Nacho Beristain Chavez is at 164.5 and will weigh in at 164

https://twitter.com/Faitelson_ESPN/status/860530554067795970

edit: Officially weighed in at 164. Both did. Chavez didn't appear too drained imo. Memo Heredia is a magician

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 5, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Maybe I'm just trying to talk myself into it because I would've paid no matter what but unless Chavez botches the re-hydration-and it seems to me that Heredia has this figured out-he'll probably have about 10 pounds on Canelo. Combined with the height and reach advantage and, gently caress it, I'm hype.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

When do the undercard fights start on the PPV?

Right now

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
In lieu of a thread there should be a prohibition on not posting in Spanish until the end of the main event

La maquina ha regresado :toot:

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 7, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Even of he goes out next round Reyes has a hell of a beard.

edit: Aunque Leimieux esta tirando golpes fuertes Reyes es muy duro y merece mucho respeto

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 7, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Estoy totalmente decepionado por Julio. Nunca mas.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Forceholy posted:

¿Pos que esperabas?

Que Nacho Beristan no era senil.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Es con mucho orgullo que vuelvo al ingles para seguir platicando sobre boxeo con ustedes en los foros de Something Awful

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I can't believe i missed this, because it sounds legitimately great

It was actually underwhelming in the moment but is Chavez to blame for killing everyone's buzz.

Also no way this won't be full middleweight. Golovkin just gave up everything else which is what you do as the b side because that's the business.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Hot new theory as to why Canelo-Chavez sucked so much of course involves shady dealings with Oscar and combat sport's favorite mysterious (possibly non-existent) power broker.

https://twitter.com/GabeOppenheim/status/860646422571397120

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Chavez's extreme suck not withstanding it's estimated that the fight did about a million buys. Even my casual as hell work buddy bought it after Chavez made weight.

The Golovkin fight will do massive numbers. All else equal I'd say anything south of 1.5 million would be disappointing.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Considering that he had the ability to be an all time great if he applied himself Riddick Bowe is one of the most tragic stories in recent history
The Bowe-Golota legendary nights is awesome and sad at the same time

https://youtu.be/OEJE177XO2c

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Does anybody know anything about Moises Flores?

He's apparently fighting Rigo on the Ward undercard and i want to know if rigo will be breaking a sweat for that

He's undefeated and has 4 inches on Rigo but probably not. Boxrec tells me his best wins are some guy from Namibia who also lost to Tomoki Kameda and Oscar Escandon-a fringe contender type who is probably going to get smoked by Gary Russell Jr. on Saturday. He better win too because Miguel Cotto just split with Roc Nation after they couldn't get him whatever absurd money he was demanding to fight Yoshihiro Kamegai. Hopefully Cotto makes nice with Top Rank and we get a double retirement fight against either JMM or Bradley.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/5/18/15660582/miguel-cotto-leaves-roc-nation-after-yoshihiro-kamegai-fight-falls-through

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Lol that the Dirrells got involved another post fight DQ brawl.

And apparently Ray Beltran is (essentially) fighting for his green card
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2017/05/16/ray-beltran-lightweight-mexico-jonathan-maicelo-madison-square-garden/101746412/

EDIT: Hell of a touch by Beltran. Take that green card to Trump Tower and wave it in Trump's (security detail) face my friend.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 21, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Judge it for yourself

Personally I don't think you can fake going down like that.

Uzcategi trying to get the Cornoa girl's digits owns and Andre Dirrell is trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dF9Ioild4I

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

kimbo305 posted:

You linked an interview of the Abraham illegal blow.

Oh I know.

In both cases Dirrell was clearly hit illegally and both Abraham and Uzcategi should have been disqualified but the theatrics afterwards (though the latter was mainly his family's fault) and that he and his brother have godawful styles of fighting and I just have no sympathy at all.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 22, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Miguel Cotto-Yoshihrio Kamegai confirmed for August 26th at Stubhub center

https://twitter.com/GoldenBoyBoxing/status/867399163842928640

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 24, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

biglads posted:

What are you gents thinking about Brook-Spence?
I think Brook might just be cashing out his belt tonight before moving up to Junior Middle but I hope not.

#MANDOWN

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Am I going to be the only American in this thread for the fight? loving hell.

biglads posted:

It's the WBA so, uh probably a "world" title as they probably have a "Diamond" belt holder and Michael Nunn as Champion Emeritus or some poo poo.

EDIT: I had to look it up but it was actually the WBC belt vacated by Badou Jack

VVVV Happy Memorial day weekend bro :patriot:

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 27, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
#EYESOCKETDOWN

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Spence would crush Keiff Furman.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
I wouldn't be so quick to cash Kell out just yet. Yes the eye troubles are very concerning going forward but his losses came against the top middleweight and-imo-the top welterweight. I would still take Brook over Thurman and probably Pacquiao as well. Actually a fight I would love could be Brook versus Miguel Cotto (if he beats Kamegai) but unfortunately that doesn't seem feasible.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Grittybeard posted:

How much did Kessler do after his eye was hosed up? I remember he was around for longer than I thought he would be.

He suffered the eye injury during the Super Six-which was towards the tail end of his career anyways-and still did pretty good in the rematch with Froch in 2013. It will be interesting to see how he is if his comeback is consumated.

Also Mikey Garcia-Broner official for July 29th. Weird that Mikey could end up being the guy who Broner is cashed out to.
https://twitter.com/StephenEspinoza/status/870306093116915714

Edit: vvv 140

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 2, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
As a Chicago guy I am not looking forward to Stevenson-fonfara 2. I hope Fonfara wins of course but he's been koed by Joe Smith and struggled mightily with (actually) Bad Chad. Have a sinking feeling Andy's going to get crumpled.

Vvvv: yeah, fighting isn't a looks contest but there's definitely something to be said about a fairly lanky guy not having the best punch resistance

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 2, 2017

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Well that was an inauspicious first round

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
In not much of a surprise to anyone Canelo-GGG will be at T-Mobile Arena in Vegas

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-sn-boxing-canelo-golovkin-t-mobile-20170605-story.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
There might be a presale through mlife.com since T-Mobile is an MGM venue but according to Reddit apparently there is a special presale for T-Mobile employees so maybe try to get friendly (pause) with one.

If you can't get in on the presale then I imagine trying unless you want to pay many multiples of face value or if the event is selling poorly (which Iit doubt will) then pick up from scraps from a broker close to 9/16.

EDIT: I didn't mean to discourage you, just set an expectation. I imagine tickets will always be available somewhere so by all means go if you want since I imagine it's going to be great atmosphere just be prepared to pay through the nose. For what it's worth I might try to get there even if-as is most likely-I go by myself and have to drop a grand on just the tickets alone.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 7, 2017