Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

thehappyprince posted:

haha david haye is good again

He only needs to be passable to get past Bellew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

thehappyprince posted:

is groves gonna bottle this

:smith:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

What are you gents thinking about Brook-Spence?
I think Brook might just be cashing out his belt tonight before moving up to Junior Middle but I hope not.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

thehappyprince posted:

watch groves call out froch now

I hope not. There's a few quid in another De Gale bout.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Lionel Richie posted:

I haven't been paying attention, was that for a world title or a "world title"

It's the WBA so, uh probably a "world" title as they probably have a "Diamond" belt holder and Michael Nunn as Champion Emeritus or some poo poo.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Szymanski posted:

I've been watching the fights leading up to BJS V Monroe and I can only imagine they emptied a homeless shelter, some of these guys look half the size of their opponent.

FrankWarren.txt

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

:(

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Lionel Richie posted:

Only decision Fury is making is pie or pie and peas, or pie and peas and coke

I always had Fury down as a Tizer man.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Lionel Richie posted:

In other news DeGale is doing a DeGale and looking like poo poo against Truax, might lose tbh, robbery notwithstanding

Dave Parris will have it 118-110 DeGale whatever

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I was wrong about Parris, but quelle surprise his scorecard was the most DeGale friendly.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

If I was feeling charitable I could have given Eubank Jr. 3 rounds, but he was taken to school by Groves. Reading the report on the Guardian app this morning and seeing that they scored a narrow points win for Eubank was a very wtf moment.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Jose posted:

gently caress was it really 10 years ago he fought enzo enzo maccarinelli

that was a good night

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Anyone remotely interested in Parker vs Whyte tomorrow?

I expect Parker to win fairly widely on points or to stop a gassed Dillian late, but I want Whyte to do well because I really want to see a Tyson Fury - Whyte bout as the outside the ring aggro between Dillians' Brixton possee and Tysons' traveller mates could be pretty epic.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Good old Delboy. He's been in some good fights over the years.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

Whyte throwing the world's most obvious rabbit punches.

IJL is a shithouse "wefewee"

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Peach of a left hook from Whyte

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I'm glad I was weak and caved in to buy that.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Props to Dillian for referring to Eddie Hearn as "fast car"

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Bellew gave a better accounting of himself than I expected. He's a fringe world-class fighter going up against a pound for pound top 5 fighter. He could seriously compete at cruiserweight if he wanted to with Usyk assumably leaving, but it sounds like he's going to call it a career. Good decision.

As for Usyk, he's my vote for fighter of the year and he's either the second best or the best cruiserweight of all time, but I don't like his chances at heavyweight. I'm sure he could beat the Bryant Jennings and the Manuel Charrs of the division, but he really doesn't have the tools to hang with the elite superheavyweights in Wilder, Fury, and Joshua. He's barely 6'3 with a 78" reach, and considering he's 32 and has no trouble making 200, he probably won't weight much more than 220 during his last few prime years at heavyweight. He won't have much power at heavyweight either, and big guys like Jarrell Miller, Luis Ortiz, or even Dillian Whyte could give him a lot of problems. He'll have to be matched very smart to make a run to a title shot.

He's a Matchroom fighter now - that bit is pretty much guaranteed.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I think Fury will have his moments and make Wilder look awkward (as if he doesn't do that himself anyway) but he'll walk on to something at some point and that will be it.

I'm not 100% convinced that Fury isn't having a cash grab of a fight here. He knows even if he loses, he can 'retire' for a year but still be enough of a figure in the British Press at least that he can get big money fights in the future (David Haye made plenty of money doing this). Apart from the Klitschko fight, Fury just doesn't really have an outstanding win and I'm confused at how much people fall for the schtick.

EDIT: But idksab so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Jose posted:

Do ring sizes change often for fights? This is only 20ft rather than 24

Usually the defending champ specifies the ring size(*). The smaller ring should favour Wilder, but I'm not sure Fury can move for 12 rounds anyway.

(*) Notable exception was the Hagler-Leonard fight. Hagler just wanted him in the ring so let Leonard's camp dictate the rest (largest ring possible, only the WBC title on the line so it was 12 rather than 15 rounds)