Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I absolutely think being there in person gives you a sense of strikes landing or not that you can't get on video, but she's not being clear about her argument.
If scoring from TV is 8/10 accurate, does that mean the 2/10 disagreements are 8-4 fighter A vs a judge's 5-7 fighter B? Where there's 4-5 rounds of disagreement?

Basically, if 80% of the TV audience were in consensus with the results, we would not be protesting non-outright shadiness.

And yeah, that's from a one person "experiment."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Seems like adding more judges would help even out scoring. With just three cards, one outlier can have an enormous impact.

I'd like that. I dunno how they pick which sides the 3 judges sit on now, but it'd be no worse an imbalance with 5.
You usually see one judge with really bad scores; would be interesting to see how they would try to buy from 5.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Those last two are still fighting?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

http://twitter.com/jarkin770/status/1091736331426897920?s=21

If anyone is desperate for hobo boxing tonight. I'll cop to getting the first event with fite credit and eh I didn't realize it was just boxing vs MMA.

I'm pretty sure there is boxing on ESPN and probably a better choice, but I had no clue where else to stick this tweet.

Is this the one that Bas was associated with that had cashflow issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It's the one that first ran last year in Wyoming, but I don't recall hearing Bas mentioned. I'm not sure though.

Apparently Bas' is WBKFF, and this is the BKFC.