Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
australian rugby union star quade cooper is set to have his third professional boxing match tonight and is in for a hell of a fight presuming of course that quade is the 14 year old child in this photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Monday Bandele posted:

Probably because most posters are grim northern Englishmen. Same reason why MMA threads are written in an internet sperglord style.

I don't think personal attacks are warranted tbh

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

who's shakur stevenson?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

apparently canelo and jccjr just made a gentleman's agreement to give the whole 45million purse to the victor (canelo giving up 36 mil if he loses, jcc 9mil). it's probably a publicity stunt to drum up interest in a fight noone wants.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

As far as fights for both guys go I actually want to see this.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

wanna get some people's thoughts on garcia / thurman.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

thehappyprince posted:

paulie is the best analyst in boxing and it isn't particularly close tbh. he should get paid buffer money

agreed

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lionel Richie posted:

Please don't make me regret not doing the Bellew to be knocked out within 60 seconds bet

hahaha i considered that too

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

this is cool hahaha

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Haye's shots are wild and he looks really slow.

his punch speed is fine but his legs are too slow

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

bad and boujee is sick

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

what the gently caress?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

is haye's knees hosed?>

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Bellew has been landing flush on Haye for 2 rounds straight and still can't hurt him. What a joke.

haye is rolling a lot of the sting off but yeah he can't hurt him. haye's body is loving out.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

this is fascinating in the most unexpected way.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Jose posted:

haye has hosed his achilles tendon so can't move properly

bellew should be able to homer simpson him over and can't lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

thehappyprince posted:

bellew losing rounds to a gassed, one legged haye now lol

even if he wins it's insanely embarrassing but if he loses on points holy poo poo lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

doctor thodt posted:

Have fun doing irreparable harm to your leg just to prove a point

his career's over he's going out on his shield. if he was a young man i'd be angry at his corner but i can't hate this

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if this goes to a decision bellew loses regardless

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hahahaha god drat

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

father time d. david haye's body tko 11

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

DON RAPER posted:

shameful from everyone involved not calling this a garbage disgrace

it can be garbage and still fascinating on many levels

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

by the metric of 'entertaining for whatever reason' garcia / thurman has a lot to live up to. i still can't believe what i saw.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I did have a lot of fun watching that, but I hope tonight's fights are a bit better in the actual boxing.

that might be the lowest bar ever set.

though i will say that late round 4 and 5 showed haye getting in a good rhythm and doing some decent boxing on some old, broken wheels.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Cigar Aficionado posted:

$38 million to make the fight happen wasn't real.

well rejoice because i've got 39 million right here i'm just getting in touch with khan and pac's people

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also David Lemieux is fighting Curtis Stevens tonight in like 3 hours

this is actually a sick fight and would be worth watching if a good ufc card wasn't on

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

been a while since I felt uncomfortable watching a boxing match

so what happened? ended early?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ahhh booo i got here too late.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

you beautiful man.

that was crazy.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Lemieux's power is so sick. Hope Stevens is alright but he should think about hanging 'em up.

I don't know if Stevens has been knocked out like that before but you don't want more than a couple of those in a lifetime.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

doctor thodt posted:

online PPV stream.

this is how you get me to pay for boxing in case any of the billionaire promoters are reading the somethingawful forums

seriously though good poo poo. i've never seen jacobs fight somehow. if gennady carries him a little will he make the 8th round?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

little disappointed gonzalez isn't rematching cuadras.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

How long til the punchmen start punching?

about 45mins i think

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The SituAsian posted:

I just wish me and MMM Watcha Say could agree on something for a change :(

Also it seems like Chocolatito just might not be built for anything above flyweight strange as that sounds. He really hasn't had the same explosiveness since moving up when he couldn't put away Arroyo. He was really fading against Cuadras and was bullied by Rungvisai. Might favor him in a rematch but I would definitely be worried if he got in with Inoue who would absolutely dwarf him. I favored Inoue for a while but would worry that the Monster would really hurt Gonzalez.

Gonzalez was cool to watch just bodying dudes but at this weight he seems incapable of not having foty's.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

personally i really buy into 'prime mike'. his ferocity, the way he moved, how hard he hit.... i've never seen a heavyweight like him. lennox was incredible though. and crucify me if you want, but ali is top 5 as a fighter. as a man, as a person, that's something different, but as a fighter, there's a few i'd rank above him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Was browsing YouTube earlier and an official HQ upload of Canelo vs Khan popped up. (Unable to say if this is geolocked anywhere, isn't in England)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPtux9fl_mg

roughly 25:50 for the kill shot.
Still a beauty.

e:
I'm pretty sure that if you asked Sky Sports or the BBC for a all time top 10 heavyweight list, it'd take all their strength to not put Anthony Joshua on it at the moment.

lol i forgot how terrified khan was looking at the end there. he knew he was slowing.

i hope anthony joshua is the real deal. i wouldn't say no to an uninsane british champ who just destroys people.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

is conlan the irish guy at the olympics who went ape poo poo at the officiating? i'm sour on that guy. olympic boxing is corrupt as gently caress but the scores in that fight were absolutely fine and he lost it on my cards too. all that outburst was was disrespectful towards his worthy opponent who was the better man on the day.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Cigar Aficionado posted:

He didn't really have a choice, as there was a rematch clause. His options were vacating his belts and looking like a huge bitch, or retiring.

Anyway apparently Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Moises Flores will be on the undercard. That's already a really good card then.

Who's Moises and why is he making you excited for a Rigondeaux fight?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The fight actually had a narrative, and it was between two of the best guys on the planet. I was incredibly entertained and am keen for the rematch (though I think ward will win unambiguously)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i just can't see how kovalev can win other than being as dominant as he was in the first four rounds, but for eight this time, oh and also switch up your tricks enough that negates ward already having seen 12 rounds of how you box him. it seems like a very tall order.