Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaUDUpME78Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Just watched Canelo vs Kirkland again...Christ.

i forgot how short it was.

i just watched lomachenko / sosa. gross mismatch. absolute pleasure to watch the angles loma cuts though. insanely sick.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lomachenko's highlights from the weekend if you can't be arsed watching the whole thing https://streamable.com/3lqhy

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I've heard a pretty distressing rumour that GGG has a pretty bad injury, potentially career derailing. Nothing concrete has emerged though.

well, so long boxing as part of the mainstream consciousness.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

thehappyprince posted:

he is still out

somebody post a gif for those of us unable to watch

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

drat i just missed it. gotta be fast.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

holy poo poo. what a peach. thanks man

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Cigar Aficionado posted:

I'm going to be really surprised if Joshua doesn't win this fight.

he's looked great in the fights i've seen, but isn't this step up in competition quite significant?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Both fighters bring enough unknowns that it's sort of hard to say until it happens.

Joshua - Is he proven? Wins have steadily increased in quality without dipping in decisiveness, but he's yet to notch a win that obviously puts him at the top. The Whyte win looks the best in retrospect.
Wlad - Is he shot? It's hard to say what were the biggest factors in the Fury loss. The skills of Fury? The bad style matchup? The age of Wlad? The physical matchup, with Fury being a rare taller opponent?

If Wlad's troubles were due to the size or his own aging, AJ should win here. If it's about the style matchup, things look a little better for him since AJ uses the kind of textbook style he knows how to deal with.

It's a classic case of How much does he have versus how much does he have left. It should absolutely one of the biggest heavyweight fights of the decade, but it's undercut only by the Fury fight casting a huge amount of doubt on Klitschko.

that's what i thought. i'm inclined to throw a few bucks on wlad, as he's a significant underdog.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ok i'm actually sort of keen for this now. please jr., please make this something special.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it's hard to see it post fact but when canelo fought mayweather it was a loving huge deal and super interesting

Lionel Richie posted:

I mean maybe I've missed the memo here lads but this fight is a joke

he's pretty loving tough and watchable. i could see him giving canelo something to think about. even if canelo just uses him as a heavy bag i don't think anyone will be asking for their money back

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it's cool that the guy terrence is fighting is an olympic gold medalist and given basically no chance by anyone

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Apparently Mike is saying some interesting things about Cus in his new book. Some things about being a master manipulator who shaped him into an arrogant psychopath etc.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

really hanging out to see loma fight, err, mikey garcia or, errr, rigondeaux? since the salido fight he's made everyone look stupid and i want to see him tested.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

oh. gently caress boxing.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ozymandius1024 posted:

Crawford is fighting next weekend against Indongo, and there is a massive card at the StubHub Center on the Saturday before GGG/Canelo.

Seriously, look at this loving card:

Srisaket Sor Rungvisai vs Roman Gonzalez, super flyweights, 12 rounds; Naoya Inoue vs Antonio Nieves, super flyweights, 12 rounds; Carlos Cuadras vs Juan Francisco Estrada, super flyweights, 12 rounds.

Holy poo poo I know who all of those tiny guys are and seriously look forward to all of it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

being a boxing casual i had never heard of this guy. if you've got 10 minutes, i suggest watching this. bad, bad dude. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNRJls-dC2E

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Edwin Valero was a nutcase. Who knows how far he could have gone in the pros, but he had a few too many loose screws. I try to pretend he never existed tbh

drat shame. 27w 27ko at that weight and loving pacquiao up in sparring seems like the sky was the limit for that guy. but yeah you can't go doing poo poo like he did and expect people to still talk about you.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mike- posted:

If the fight is at 130 I don't see Rigo faring well. Has he ever even fought above 122?

i thought they'd probably split the difference at 126 but we'll see. if it's at 130 loma will be tough to deny but if it's less than that then i don't know. rigo is one intelligent mother fucker.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

thehappyprince posted:

going to be great when rigo wins a one sided affair either way tbh

if it's not at 130 then i could definitely see it. if he can successfully shut down loma, it'll be a career defining performance for sure, and he can make it as boring as he likes imo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it could definitely be may / pac in terms of watchability. but i honestly think that even if rigo wins, loma is more than savvy enough to make him really loving work for it so i'm cautiously optimistic.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

This sums up Lomachenko / Salido succinctly I think.

Machine Levine, Punch Lines Podcast posted:

He was fighting a full welterweight, getting hit in the balls all night, in only his second pro bout, and he still almost came back to win.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

thehappyprince posted:

i'm super pumped for the golovkin fight. when it was announced i had it like 70-30 golovkin but i think it's more 60-40 now due to reflections on ggg's recent fights.

plural? i thought jacobs was the only guy who made ggg look less than a killer and he has several attributes that i'd credit for that performance that canelo doesn't have.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The SituAsian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gykpVko-omE - Under the Lights Canelo-Golovkin (probably not available outside the US :( )

i am pretty loving hyped for this.

bernard hopkins and mayweather both pick canelo, and although i originally liked ggg, someone pointed out that the only boxers that gave alvarez trouble were defensively brilliant fighters in lara and mayweather.

the thing is though, i'm not sure that ggg can't out-box canelo if he chooses to not go full destructo as he's done with basically every other fighter who's got in there with him and just concentrates on racking up rounds... could he do that?

whatever. all i know is that if canelo wins, he will have to absorb a career-shortening amount of damage to get it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that's going to be an expensive one buddy

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

attackmole posted:

was more comprehensive than pretty much anything I found on any sports website.

Yeah it happens a lot in psp for both mma and boxing. It's cool.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Who has Canelo been sparring hard with to prepare him for getting hit by GGG. Stevens has fought at lhw and is still the face of 'holy poo poo GGG hits hard'

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i thought the first one was a clear win for ward and a big drama show in general. that second stoppage though straight up shouldn't count. atrocious officiating.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

parker's got a nice jab. had him winning that one purely on jabs to the body. and the fact that hughie did absolutely nothing.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

parker seems to have adjusted and is now charging in and ripping the body which is more effective. glad i didn't pay for this though god drat. hughie needs to actually start fighting.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i was only half watching that but parker was the only one doing any actual fighting there

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the right decision. i don't even find the 118-110 cards that wide. parker was the only one doing work. terrible though.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i haven't watched canelo / ggg since it happened, and i don't know who 'the modern martial artist' is, but i just watched a breakdown of some of the things that happened during the fight and it's incredible. i've really, really gotta watch that fight again. they are both monsters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R34AnGmQ6vo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

yeah i didn't pick up on a lot of the adjustments either guy made / attempted to make as i was to busy screaming at the television and arguing with a canelo fan. i don't think i gave canelo enough credit.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

my first watch i had it 10-2 ggg (which i still consider a reasonable card), but upon rewatch this morning 8-4. 7-5 ggg if you gave canelo every round he was remotely competitive in. you have to see poo poo that isn't there to score a draw, and a canelo win is out of the question in my opinion but hey. hopefully canelo goes for the rematch, but i've got a sneaking suspicion he doesn't want to do that again. happy to be wrong.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if canelo isn't willing to trust his chin will stand up to some of golovkin's best shots or he'll gas again. he used way too much energy avoiding being hit. great for staying alive, not great for winning fights. canelo had to box perfectly to win the rounds he did, and most of them were razor close. he needs to be on the front foot for way longer in the next fight, and i do believe he can do it, but golovkin only needs one.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mike- posted:

Wilder Ortiz is off because Ortiz got popped. Who could have seen that one coming

Of course. Well at least we get to see wilder / joshua

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hexwren posted:

Has Saunders fought anybody at all since getting the belt? I've literally heard nothing about him since I started watching fights again a couple years back. Hopefully Lemieux can take it off him --- a guy who actually fights on the regular.

Pretty sure he won a tedious decision recently

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

RideTheSpiral posted:

He's too big, too slow, no footwork and he's gassed after 6 rounds.

he's got a big heart and he showed it in the wlad fight but i definitely see exactly what you said to become a factor soon. someone like usyk would give him fits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

willie_dee posted:

He put Tony Bellew in against a very dangerous heavy weight in David Haye, and it was an amazing fight.

Hahaha no it wasn't it was bellew racing David Hayes body to see who could take out David Haye first and bellew lost. It was an embarrassing, excruciating spectacle unless you hate David Haye.