Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I've never seen someone less suited to the fight game as David Price

His body language just exudes vulnerability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Probably because most posters are grim northern Englishmen. Same reason why MMA threads are written in an internet sperglord style.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
It's cool how he's found a niche in training and promoting random foreigners who upset or give a scare to the home fighters. Hope he''s in a better place mentally nowadays.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
The problem with p4p is that if you put too much weight on records you end up with a list full of +35 year olds.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I can't blame Bellew for going after this fight over getting his cruiserweight belt taken off him for no money on a cold Friday night in Donetsk

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Bellew and Haye are mates, seems like once the fight didn't go to script and Haye got injured, Bellew was hesitant about finishing him off (as well as having zero power at heavyweight)

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I think he wanted to jab Jacobs to death like Lemieux couldn't judge the distance quite right and was wary of the size and reach advantage

Looking forward to a pissed off GGG brutally sacrificing Saunders to the Astana crowd this summer

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
It depends where you are, it's definitely had a resurgence in the UK under that cheeky chappie Eddie Hearn

I'm under the impression that the only people that care about boxing in the US nowadays are latinos and old black guys

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
No sport is as in love with it's own history as boxing. Would anyone put George Mikan in the top 10 basketball players of all time?

I'd back Lennox Lewis against any heavyweight head to head.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Anything to get two good fighters actually in the loving ring together should be applauded

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Wish this fight was in Russia instead of Vegas again

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Lomachenko has a short reach and only good, not great power. He'll end up one weight division too far and fight someone too big and strong for him, but that won't be for a few years yet.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
AJ's only real fight was when Dillan Whyte clocked him. Brazeale was a walking heavy bag while Martin and Molina wouldn't even cut it as sparring partners. It'a a monumental step up. If he'd had one more fight against a real contender like Pulev/Parker/Ortiz etc we'd know more where he's at.

I think the fight not being in Germany with refs that allow excessive clinching is a crucial factor, Wlad will be forced to roll back the years and slug it out.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
My head says Wlad but it's dangerous to bet against the Hungry Young Lion

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Decent scrap on the undercard but empty seats everywhere, people must still be doing coke in the toilets

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
They really are going to whitewash Fury out of history, don't think he's been mentioned once

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Come on Wlad, if you're gonna go out leave it all in the ring

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Best HW fight since Vitali Lewis

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
So glad it didn't go to the cards

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Wlad looked the best he has in a few years, bouncing on his toes and moving around much more than expected. I think he took a lesson from the Fury fight and used movement to confuse an opponent with static footwork. In the end though 41 is 41. Wlad clearly put himself through the ringer preparing for this fight and it ended brutally, I don't know if he'll be able to come back the same way.

Joshua has some flaws in his defence but what he proved is that he thrives in a firefight. I don't see any current HW who is both tough and skilled enough to pick him apart, besides a certain semi-retired fat gypsy...

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
That was the most unfathomable decision I've seen in years.

You're not supposed to rob your own fighter Japan!

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I feel pre-GGG Brook would have remained competitive until the final bell. Probably time to hang em up.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
So this totally overshadows Ward-Kovalev and Canelo-GGG, plus Cotto's got a fight on the same night

Welcome back Floyd...

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Can't believe is this a 12 rounder, elite prospects don't fight 12 rounders until after at least ten pro bouts. Learning how to pace a fight is crucial.

McGregor could do a passable impersonation of a boxer in a 4 rounder but beyond that he'll gas real hard and it's gonna look ugly. This has no chance of lasting the distance.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
The Cruiserweight tournament was probably much easier to put together as the weight class is full of Russians and Africans who bash each other up for pennies anyway. Looking forward to it, it's boxing hipster catnip.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
How did Blue Collar All American Bernard Hopkins Slayer Joe Smith Jr end up on an undercard against a slick Cuban

US promoters are so bad

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Loma's gonna make Rigo look like the old man he probably is

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
lol that Gervonta Davis was given a stage to shine and blew it in like five different ways

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdMbvimYw1o

from inside the arena with no commentary

I agree with the judges, Conor won two rounds max

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I can see a Chavez-Meldrick Taylor type fight, Canelo impressing early with flashy combos but GGG grinding him down as the fight goes on. Just depends if he can stop him before it goes to the cards...

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Jacobs came in at light heavy and was on his bike all fight, yet GGG still ate his best shots and put him on the canvas.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
The cruiserweight tournament started with Usyk beating up and stopping Marco Huck.

It'll be interesting to see how Usyk will deal with taking heavyweight punches when he moves up, because skills wise he makes Anthony Joshua look like Conor McGregor.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Seems like he just went up one weight class too many, a lot of people were saying the first fight was a robbery but the Thai was walking through his punches and hurting him quite often.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Credit should also go to Fast Eddie Hearn for making big fights in the UK, sacrificing Kell Brook in the process

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
There's another middleweight world title fight today with Billy Joe Saunders v Willie Monroe. If you're not familiar with BJS, imagine Tyson Fury without any of the charisma or sense of humour. Monroe has been treated like poo poo while he's been in London and was kicked in the balls by Saunders' kid at the weigh in.

I'd love Billy Joe to get battered but as Monroe is pretty much the same style of fighter but worse, that unfortunately won't happen. Maybe he'll get sacrificed in Astana at GGG's homecoming after this.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
It'll be depressing in the rematch two or three years from now when a shot GGG loses to a physical prime Canelo

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Rewatching I still think it's 7-5 or 8-4 Golovkin. You'd have to stretch it to give the draw, I don't think anybody would have complained had GGG been given the nod.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Looks like someone doesn't appreciate the Cuban School...look for the punches he's NOT throwing

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I always thought Andy Lee looked and fought like a guy in an etching from Victorian England

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Ricky Hatton's found a weird niche in training random Eastern Europeans for fights against favoured boxers in their hometowns