Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marching Powder posted:

nah i'ma watch the freak show like every other right-thinking person

And here is the thread for the freak show.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878360

I mean technically Gabbi is the proper freak show though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Simple, and Floyd is pumping this in the post fight PR, it was entertainment, it draw huge interest (in Japan and likely ratings), it goes on neither's record, and Tenshin is not a boxer, who lost to the (for the sake of argument) the best boxer out there. Plus they can then pump him up on a redemption thing (even though he's undefeated). It's not like Tenshin had real international appeal that was damaged by this.

The James Harden flops were kind of weird though.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kimbo305 posted:

Was the match bettable, since it was an exhibition? Is there a reason to fix other than for betting's sake?
https://www.oddsshark.com/ufc/mayweather-jr-vs-tenshin-odds

Apparently there was, no sure how much. A fix could also occur for rating purposes or even long term booking.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://twitter.com/jarkin770/status/1091736331426897920?s=21

If anyone is desperate for hobo boxing tonight. I'll cop to getting the first event with fite credit and eh I didn't realize it was just boxing vs MMA.

I'm pretty sure there is boxing on ESPN and probably a better choice, but I had no clue where else to stick this tweet.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yeah Alvarez-Kovalev II is tonight, which also features a decent fight for Richard Commey as well as showcase fights for Oscar Valdez and Teofimo Lopez, AKA the dude who does Fortnite dances over his opponents after knocking them out.

Cool I might check that out too depending on how UFC Fight Night goes (or catch a replay), but yeah that sounds significantly better then Bare Knuckle fighting.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kimbo305 posted:

Is this the one that Bas was associated with that had cashflow issues?

It's the one that first ran last year in Wyoming, but I don't recall hearing Bas mentioned. I'm not sure though.

Jack B Nimble posted:

It's funny that, when I saw "bareknuckle" my first thought was "savage stunt for people who just want to see blood" and it took a moment for the followup thought of "well now, isn't there an argument that the lack of padding actually makes it safer by reducing repeat concussions?"
Still, no one with prospects would do this if obly because of the increased chance of hand injuries, no?

It's funny I've heard that thought process too. I only refer to it as hobo boxing as a lot of the dudes are in terrible shape. I'm also surprised it's only boxing vs MMA.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's like someone saw YAMMA and said let's do that with boxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kimbo305 posted:

Apparently Bas' is WBKFF, and this is the BKFC.

Okay that makes sense I remember seeing some other BK group pop up on Fite TV some time after the first once.

Also made a GDT thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881240&perpage=40